Ryeowook

After the Day Ends

Ryeowook quietly slipped his key into the hole. He knows that he was not the first one back since the lights were on in the living room. He walked quietly to his room where he could hear music from Donghae hyung’s room. Not knowing whether his hyung is asleep or not, Ryeowook decided to shuffle past the room without announcing his arrival.

Usually after a long day like today, he would immediately fall asleep once he is in his room. For some reason he felt like making sandwiches for himself and the other hyungs if they decided to come up to the 12th floor. He walked quietly into the kitchen and started preparing for the sandwiches. He was very careful with the sounds he was making, for he didn’t want to wake up Donghae hyung if he was really sleeping.

Ryeowook got all the necessary ingredients to make the sandwich and started mixing it. As he was mixing it, he was thinking about how in the past the dorm used to be full of life and sound. The place would have the members all over the place. They would be wrestling on the floor, shouting at the tv over some game, running back and forth from room to room over a prank, or just laughing out loud. He smiled at the memory of the members walking into the kitchen, taking his homemade cooking and praising for his hard work. Sometimes he would fight off the sneaky members from taking the food that he prepared for everyone to eat at the same time. He loved those moments even though some may include pranking him.

Ryeowook shook his head at that memory. He continued to mix the eggs quietly and slowly. The members don’t really spend more time together anymore. Members such as Siwon hyung and Donghae hyung would be gone in the middle of the night due to their dramas. Teukie hyung and Eunhyuk hyung would be off at variety shows or filming the latest Strong Heart Episode. Kyuhyun is busy with Radio Star. Sungmin hyung and Kangin hyung are busy with their musical. Yesung hyung at times would be out for recording. Even he was busy with radio like Shindong hyung and Sungmin hyung. It always seems like they don’t really have much time together to relax or have fun. Even though they performed together for their comebacks, there would be one member missing at times.

He teared up a bit at the thought of not seeing all the members together. He knows that he’s a crybaby getting emotional over the thought of being separated. It is already sad enough that they don’t get to see Hangeng hyung. Ryeowook remembered that Hangeng hyung would take them all over China to eat different food whenever they don’t have schedule. Even though he and the other members would badger Hangeng hyung on how to say a particular would, the kind hyung would always help them out. Now, he’s gone and it’s most likely that he won’t be coming back anytime soon since going solo seems to be working well for him. Still, Ryeowook hopes that one day Hangeng hyung would turn up in the blue to surprise them and have fun with them for even just one day.

Not only didn’t they get to see Hangeng hyung, but they also don’t get to see Heechul hyung as often or Kibum. Ryeowook started wondering if there will ever be a time when they would be able to perform together on stage again.

“Ah, Ryeowook!” someone said. Ryeowook looked up to see Donghae hyung leaning against the hall, watching him mix the eggs. He looked like he just woke up with his hair all over the place.

“Oh Hyung!” Ryeowook exclaimed, putting down the eggs, “Did I wake you up?”

Donghae shook his head, “I woke up on my own. I’m going to take a shower to refresh. Then maybe I’ll go to the other floor to see if Eunhyuk is back. If you want, we could go down together later.”

Ryeowook smiled and nodded, agreeing to the plan. Before walking back to his room, Donghae looked back and said, “Save one for me too!” Ryeowook nodded again, getting the toast ready to put the eggs on it. In the past, Donghae hyung would run and take a sandwich and walk away, but now due to his tiring schedule, his hyung hardly have enough energy to do that.

He felt sorry for his hyungs. Maybe it’s their popularity that is causing them to spend less time doing what they want to do. He is trying to shoulder the burden to by going on shows by himself and handling radio broadcast with Sungmin hyung. It would seem that it’s always not enough. But everyday, everyone puts a mask on, telling each other and themselves that they are ready for the day.

He neatly placed the sandwiches on a plate. To others, it looked like he made too many sandwiches for himself and the current active members, but to Ryeowook, it reminded him of the amount of sandwiches he made for everyone when they were all together as one in one dorm. He walked over to the cabinet and grabbed 13 small plates to set the table. He laid them on the table, setting each plate carefully one by one, saying the names of the members that would sit there.  When he was done, he walked over to his usual seat, grabbing the sandwich that was placed in the middle.

It seems to be a strange sight with 12 empty plates laid out, but he gave him some comfort to imagine the other members with him. He quietly ate his sandwich with his eyes closed, imagining the sounds and noise that the members would make if they were all there together, eating his sandwiches and laughing together.

A/N: Yay another chapter! It might not be great though cause I was stuck on a writer's block for awhile! I wrote about a random car accident story which is Donghae-Centric if you would like to check it out! I am trying to decide whether I would like to make that story a short chapter story and leave it as it is! So please read it and this and tell me what you think! Thank you so much :D!