Key-tastic

It's Not Like I Want You.

 

Victoria packed so much sunscreen that we would have enough to last us through an apocalypse. Scratch that - two apocalypses. And, she made sure I applied generous amounts of the stuff, as she did for everyone else who was going to the beach today. Which would be all of us. But you've got to love Victoria and her motherly instinct. She was overly-prepared, which allowed me to focus on something other than my unrequited crush on Krystal. Almost. I would have totally forgotten about Krystal if she wasn't prancing around in that tiny-little-polka-dot-bikini. (But let me tell you, she looks hot in my mind, but even hotter in person.) 

We were finally heading to the beach. 

The weather was brilliant; the sky was absolutely cloud free and marvelously blue. The air wasn't exactly sweltering, but just hot enough for the water to provide comfort. And we were in the middle of it all. 

"Let's go play some volleyball." Tiffany said once we had set up our designated area. She was really only talking to Yuri and Jessica, and the three of them walked through the sand together - probably to go flirt with some life guards. None of them were sporty enough to even know how to play volleyball.  

"Let's get some ice cream!" Luna exclaimed, pulling on Victoria's arm. Victoria happily complied, and they were gone. 

"Let's go for a walk," Minho said softly to Krystal, but not soft enough. "Onew and Jonghyun want us to meet them on the boardwalk." 

I silently growled.

Krystal looked pissed off, which made me laugh inside. She rolled her eyes at Minho. "Whatever." She said, allowing him to take her hand into his. 

Loneliness was just about to set in, when Krystal paused for a moment and turned towards me. We locked gazes. "Do you want to come?" 

She had been the only person to ask this beautiful question. I would have said yes, but Minho's expression of agony and disapproval actually made me uncomfortable. "No thanks." I shook my head, smiling. 

Krystal raised her eyebrows, as if to say "You sure?". I waved my hand to shoo them off, acting like it was no big deal. But it was breaking my heart.

But still, I watched them walk away, a huge smile planted in between my cheeks until Krystal had stopped looking back at me.

 And then I faltered. 

I just sat in the sand for a bit, letting it sift through my fingers as I became encased in my own predicament. I wallowed in my negative feelings, cursing Minho, praying for Krystal to come to me, hoping that Luna and Victoria will bring me back some ice cream.

But then, I realized it. I snapped out of it - I was at the beach on vacation, right in the middle of what I wanted to most this summer: relaxation. And it was time to get some.

I bought my never-been-used-before surfboard with me as I walked along the shoreline, scoping the view. I saw a dolphin jump far off in the distance of the water. Compelled, I looked closer, swinging my body around to see properly. 

"OUCH!" 

And apparently hitting someone with my board in the process. 

"Ohmygoodness, I'm so sorry!" I said, dropping to my knees to console the person my surfboard attacked. He was gorgeous.

His hair - shaved and colored dark brown in the back, while the front was long, swooped to the side and gloriously golden - was curled, probably from the water, his skin was clear and white, his eyes exotically shaped. "Um..." He said, clearing his throat as he glanced down at his glistening, bare chest.

It was then that I realized my hand on his glistening, bare chest. "Ohmygoodness, I'm so sorry!" 

I helped him to his feet, and he laughed. His smile was contagious. "Is that all you can say?" He chuckled. 

I laughed uneasily. He glanced down at my board, his face lighting up in revelation. "You must be my ten o'clock." He smiled again, and my heart sank. 

".......uh......" I stammered. I wasn't sure of what he meant. 

"Surfing lesson? That's what you're here for, right? You're Aiden, correct?" He asked. Before I said anything he stuck out his hand. "I'm Key." 

I don't know if I'm simply a complete idiot, or if I was just that lonely, but I shook his hand. "I'm Aiden.”

_

He’s holding my waist. He’s holding my waist!

My brain was out of sorts as Key – the surf teacher god man – taught me how to stand on my board.

“You need to find balance; otherwise, the waves will collapse in on you. And you’ll never be found, ever again.” He said the last part with a very serious expression. I gulped, suddenly overcome with fear.

And then he laughed. “Ha Ha, just kidding!” I laughed along with him, secretly letting a sigh of relief out.

He held my hands; just to steady me on the board. He touched my leg; just to show me where to place my feet. He grasped my wrists; just to make sure the board leash was attached the right way. None of these gestures meant anything. But no boy has ever treated me so delicately.

“I think you’re coming along quite well, Aiden.” Key said at the end of our session, patting my shoulder. He looked like a wet male model. Yum. “I can’t wait for us to meet tomorrow. Same time, same place?”

I nodded enthusiastically. “Except this time, I will not hit you with my board!”

“Promise?” He smirked.

“Promise!” I smiled. He waved good-bye to me, but before he left, I could have sworn he looked me up and down.

_

“How was your surf, Amber?” Luna asked once I got back to our little beach set up. She and Victoria were munching on ice creams.

“Absolutely perfect.” I said as I stretched out on my beach towel, allowing the sun’s heat to absorb the ocean water in my swimsuit. “It’s almost like I’m a different person.” If I could wink at myself, I would have at this moment. 


 


 

Boom. 

LOL so what'd you think? Do you still hate me bc you're strictly a Kryber fan? I understand XD kryber is coming up and I'll be sure to make it specialll 

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

The area that I live in is going to be hit by a hurricane in the coming week. I'll be okay where I live, but the power will most likely go out. This is good news, and bad news.

Good News: NO SCHOOL so I can write more fics and read more books ^^

Bad News: I may not be able to update or answer comments right away ): but the power will eventually come back, so it'll be okay. Please think about me in the next few days, things will be rough. 

Is it weird that I'm kinda excited?!?! I just really need some reading time. LOL 

But I swear my house will be safe (: but let's pray for people who won't be so safe!! 

THANKS *I THROW FLOWERS TO YOU ALL BC THATS HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU* 

P.S. I don't know if my description of Key's hair came out the way I wanted, so here is a pic of what I was trying to describe (aint he xay): http://cdn3.mixrmedia.com/wp-uploads/ningin/blog/2012/04/54788412201203212043595037970442756_000.jpg