Final

Banana Milks for Tomorrow

Banana milks for tomorrow

 

“Well Luhan hyung, do you want the usual?” Chanyeol asked me as I went near him at the counter. I could see Dara noona smiled at me behind Chanyeol. I nodded. Chanyeol began to make a cup of caramel macchiato for me.

“What about you, Jongin?” Chanyeol asked the little boy who was standing beside me holding my hands.

“Please give me milk, hyunggie” Jongin answered. Chanyeol chuckled at Jongin’s cuteness and I smiled too. I told Jongin to go sit at the usual place. Dara noona came near us and she asked me. “How are you, Luhannie?”

“I’m feeling better now, Jongdae told me to take medicine regularly.” I answered, staring at my shoes.

“Look at me Luhan”, I looked up at Dara noona and she whispered.

“You’ll be fine. We’ll be there for you, okay?”

I could see Chanyeol wiping his tears with his sleeves.

 

 

I sent Jongin to Sungjong as he once begged me that he wanted to take care of cute little Jongin. I didn’t feel like going home so I decided to go shopping for a while. I bought some ingredients and bottles of banana milks for Jongin. And then I saw a little boy trying to reach the strawberry milk bottle. I giggled as I helped him. The little boy thanks me and then he ran cutely with his little feet.

When I got home, I felt tired. I took some medicines and went to my room to have a nap. My chest hurt badly as I tried to ease the pain. This is not my first time happening.

When Myungsoo drove Jongin home, I already finished cooking dinner. I asked Myungsoo to stay for dinner.

“I would love to hyung but my Boss, Sunggyu asked me to bring him some documents tonight.” Soon then he left.

I felt lonely after I sent Jongin to sleep. I felt lonely and tired. I couldn’t sleep for a few weeks after knowing that I had a disease. Tears rolled down my pink cheek as I cried silently. I was scared that I don’t want my little Jongin to feel like me when I’m gone.

 

The next morning, I decided to cook breakfast instead of going to the café. I could hear Jongin running down the stairs and shouting for milk. I giggled at my little brother.

A few minutes later, the bell rang and I went to open the door.

“Oh my god, Luhan. Why didn’t you tell me?” Baekhyun immediately hugged me and I could hear him sobbing. I saw Jongmyung and Kyunsoo with worried faces looking at me.

 

“I don’t want you guys to worry” I told Baekhyun and Jongmyung. Kyungsoo had already known because he was the one who came with me to the hospital a few weeks ago. I decided not to tell everyone but soon they discovered one by one. Kyungsoo took Jongin to his room to play so we could talk freely about my illness. I could see Baekhyun puffy face that he’s been crying for long. Jongmyung told me that everything will be fine as I nodded knowing that the things would become worst. I know Jongmyung was just trying to make me fine.

“I’ll stay with you Luhan” Baekhyun told me while holding my hands.

 

It’s been a week that Baekhyun stayed with me and Jongin. Baekhyun helped me everything, cooking, cleaning and also Tao helped me sent Jongin to his school. I became weaker and weaker. I couldn’t eat properly. Jongdae came to see me every weekends but it’s was no help. Jongin would sometimes ask me when I would be okay. I lied to him every time he asked me.

Every Friday, I would go to the market and buy bottles of Banana milk for Jongin. Wu Fan would say that I looked thinner and thinner every time I came to the market. “It was just a fever Wu Fan, don’t worry!” I lied.

 

“Is there anywhere you want to go, Luhan?” Yi Xing asked me. It was midnight and we were in the living room. Yi Xing drove Jongin to home as Tao parents wanted him to come to China for his sister’s wedding. I was resting my head on Yi Xing shoulder. I couldn’t sleep so Yi Xing stayed with me. I thought for a moment.

“There’s one. There’s one I want to go” I said softly and weakly.

 

Yi Xing was driving and he focused on the road because it was night. I looked through the windows feeling familiar to the road and the place that we were heading. It was one winter night so snows were heavy. “Are you cold? Should I …”

“I’m fine” I cut Yi Xing off. To be honest, I want everyone to treat me like a normal person. Not like a sick person who is going to die in a few days. Oh well I couldn’t blame them because I couldn’t deny the fact. The fact that makes me scared.

I’m not scared to die. I’m scared that Jongin would feel lonely when I’m gone.

 

I felt Yi Xing shaking me softly, waking me up. “We are here, Lulu” Yi Xing chuckled. “You fall asleep. Come” Yi Xing lifted me up and we began to walk to the location. We can hear sound of sea waves and cold breezes. I felt chilly and I looked up at Yi Xing. He smiled at me as dragged me to the shore.

“I used to come here after my parents accident…” I told Yi Xing and I hold my tears.

“…alone” I continued. The breeze was icy cold and my voice was trembling. Hearing my trembling weak voice, Yi Xing bought me closer to him. I stayed in his arms for a while and soon I fall asleep.

 

I opened my eyes and saw Chanyeol staring at me with a smile. “Good morning, Hyung I bought you your usual” Chanyeol told me as he handed me a cup of caramel macchiato. I could see his sadness in his eyes although he was smiling.

I saw myself in the mirror in front of me, I looked like a ghost.

“You look beautiful Hyung” Chanyeol said while blocking the mirror with his giant body. Suddenly a door opened and Baekhyun was holding a cake while everyone was singing happy birthday song together.

“Happy Birthday, Luhan hyunggie” Jongin said as he hugged me tightly. “Get well soon, hyunggie. You have to come to my dance play in a few days”. Everyone was smiling their hardest to hide their sadness. I could see. The only innocent one who didn’t know that I will be gone in a few days is Jongin. He was hopping that I would come to his dance play. I felt touched and sad. “I will Jonggie” I said soflty and kiss his forehead. “Kyungsoo hyung made it for you” Chanyeol said while pointing the cake. I smiled. “Make a wish Hyung”.

Please take care of Jongin when I’m gone.

I saw Kyungsoo went out of the room while wiping his tears.

 

I’ve been staying in my bed for a week. I became worst that I couldn’t get up. I was afraid that I couldn’t make it to Jongin’s play. I called Sungjong and Myungsoo on Thursday morning.

“Promise me that you will take care of Jongin when I’m gone” I said softly.

Sungjong had tears in his eyes as he nodded his head continuously while holding my icy cold hands. I felt relief and realized that tomorrow is Friday.

 “And also buy bottles of Banana milks for my little baby tomorrow” I whispered closing my eyes knowing that there will be no tomorrow for me although I said the word “…..tomorrow”.

 

 

 

 

Sorry if there were mistakes.This is my first time writting.Please comment and I hope you all enjoy it.*Bows*

Thanks for reading.