Chapter 2

The bet

Airi:

"Airi, wake up. You have to go to school!" I heard mom yelling. I didn't answer. I heard her come upstairs and in a few minutes I heard the door opening. "Airi?!" My mom said. I was really tired and I was worried about my school project. I still had to work a lot. "Airi?" Mom said again. I groaned a little. "I don't feel very good okaa-san" I lied. Maybe I can skip school today, to work on the project, Then I will be done tommorrow. "Are you okay?" Mom asked worringly. "Should I call school for you?" She said as she already went downstairs to get the phone. 'Yay, I'm not losing to Kaori' I thought. I was actually wondering why she said she would also date the guy when she loses. I thought she really thought I couldn't get the project done. Mom came into my room again. "I called school for you" She said. "Take a little nap, I'm going to the supermarket" and she left. I didn't do what she said. I went out of my bed and took a quick shower, then I brushed my teeth, I noticed I forgot brushing the yesterday. I was just too tired. I went into my room again and started work on the project again. I was working very hard when I noticed my phone was ringing. It was Kaori. "Hey! Airi, where are you?!" She asked. I didn't know what to answer so I just said I was sick. Though she knew I was lying, because she said that it's mean of me and that it was cheating. "That's not fair!" And she hang up her phone. I felt a really sorry for her. Was I really that mean? I almost wanted to go to school, but then I changed my mind. 'I have to do this' I thought. 

I heard talking from downstairs and was wondering who my mom was talking with. So I took a quick look. It was my aunt and her little son. He just turned five last week. I walked downstairs to greet them. "Look who I found on my way home?" Mom said. I smiled a little. "Hey, aren't you supposed to be in bed?" She then asked. "Eh... yeah, but I heard talking and was wondering who it would be" I stuttered. "Ah~ And you already took a shower, I see." She said, while pointing to my wet hair. "Yeah, I took a shower and went to bed again" Oh my God!, I'm a good liar. My mom nodded and led them to the living room. I went upstairs again to work on the project.

"Almost done" I said to myself. "Still a few things and..." Yay! I was done. I could jump in the air with happiness. I looked at the clock. It was three o'clock in the afternoon. 'School was out now' I thought when I heard the doorbell. A few minutes later I heard mom yelling. "Airi! It's Kaori!" she yelled. I walked out of my room and went downstairs. "Are you feeling better now?" She asked. You already knew I was not sick, but I just thought she said it because my mom was still there. I nodded. "You're so mean, you know?!" She shouted when my mom was in the living room again. "You're cheating! That's not fair!" She was really mad. I looked at the ground. "I'm sorry" I said. She calmed down a little. "And...?" She asked. "How far are you?". "I'm done just a minute ago" I answered. Now she looked only more mad. She wanted to scream at me but I interupted her before she could say anything. "Can we talk about this in my room?" I asked. She agreed and followed me.

I opened the door of my room and was shocked when I found my cousin there. He smiled when we walked into the room. "Hey, What are you doing here?" I asked him. "dwawing" He said. I looked at his hand and saw he was holding a marker. I thought he must grabbed it of my desk. I looked at my desk and saw all my marker and pencils lying on the ground. They must've fall when he tried to grab one. I turned my head to him again, to look what he was drawing. Then I saw it. "No!" I yelled as I grabbed my school project of the floor. It was wet. He must've let his drinking cup fall on the floor and on my project. I looked at the floor, which was also wet and sticky with lemonade. But not only was my project wet, he also drew drawings on it. Those kind of drawings you also made when you were five. I was becoming really mad. My project was done. Was! But I had to start all over again. Kaori laid her hand on my shoulder. "That happens when you cheat!" She said sarcasticly. I looked mad at her. "I lost, right?" I asked. She nodded. "Unless, you can make a new one before tommorrow". I shook my head. I didn't want it anymore. "Fine, I'll just lose then" I said as I sat down on my bed. My cousin stood up and went to me. "Aiwi sad?" He asked. Oh, he's so cute, he didn't even know what he did wrong. I smiled, just because of his cute face. "You go downstairs now." I said to him and Kaori led him downstairs. Kaori and I talked a little more and I felt really sorry, because I cheated. It's my own fault I lose. "This is my punishment" I said. 

The next day when everyone had their project done, I told the teacher I didn't have one. I also told the reason, and she said I can hand it in next week. But I still had to date that guy, I even didn't know his name yet. Which is really weird, because he's a known person in this school. "It's time." Kaori said, after the bell rang. 

I went to a park behind the school, where he would also be. Before school started I left a note in his locker. Of course I wasn't sure he would come, maybe he thought I was some other fangirl and just ignored the note. When we came at the park I saw him standing there. Kaori went with me, but hid herself sitting on a bench in the distance. He wouldn't notice her. 

"Hi" I said as soon as he spotted me. "This is yours?" He asked while holding the note in his hands. "I want to talk with you about something" I said. I was quite sure, Kaori wouldn't hear anything we'd say, she was too far away. But she still could see everytthing. "What?" he then asked.