Chapter 6

The bet

Airi:

What? I couldn't believe it. I was watching from a distance and saw he was on my side? But why? Maybe it was just an act after all. We had to let everyone believe it, right? I decided not to think about it anymore and went to the classroom. Everyone was very nice to me. I mean: Nicer than before. I was popular. I was one of the popular ones because I dated the most popular guy of the school. "Everyone, take a seat" The teacher, who just came in the classroom said.  Everyone who was around me walked back to their places. Why were they around me? I think you already guessed, but I was dating the most popular guy in school, which made me automaticly popular. Everyone wanted to know everything about us. They asked a lot and I couldn't answer them all, I even didn't know what to answer at some questions. They asked things like. "Did you already kissed? How was it?" and "Did you already meet his parrents? What are they like? How does he live?". I also wondered how he lived. I wondered if he still lived at his parent's house... or maybe he lived alone. Everyone thought he was rich and had a big house. That might be the reason why he was so popular. Someone even said she stayed at his house once, I thought she just said that to make me jealous, she just told a lie... but making me jealous didn't work of course, he isn't my real boyfriend after all. "Okay, open your textbook at page 34" The teacher said and everyone opened their books. 

After the school bell rang she reminded me to hand in my school project next week. I nodded and went home. I decided to do something on my project. 'Maybe I can do it fast, so it's done quickly...' I thought. I was just working when my mom opened the door. "Can you go to the supermarket for me, please?". "But I'm busy making homework" I said irritated. "You'll be right back, so you can do it when you come home". "What do you need?" I said irritated again, while I stood up. "Here, I made a list" She said while giving me a piece of paper. "A list? Do need that much?" I said while taking the paper from her. 

'Finally I can go home' I thought when I left the store. It already became dark. I don't like it when it's dark so I started to walk fast. After a while it felt like someone followed me, but when I looked around no one was there. 'Just my imagination' I thought as I started to walk faster. "Excuse me" I heard someone saying after a while, someone from behind me, it was a guys voice. I turned around and stood face to face with two guys. I also heard someone coming from behind me so I turned around again. Again I saw two guys coming towards me. There were four of them around me now. "What...?" I asked.