CHAPTER 6

Friendship

 

          Nathan opened his eyes slowly. Light shone into his eyes.

 

“Nathan, you awake at last. I’m worried sick of you” his mother hugged him tightly. The Firebird members were all there, beside his bed.

 

“You were in a coma for a month already. You made us worried, you know?” Dean gave him a friendly punch on his shoulder with a grateful smile. “A month?” Nathan questioned back.

 

“You had an accident” stated Matt. “Accident?” “Yeah. You got hit by a car badly” continued Andy.

 

“Luckily I saw the accident. If not, I don’t know what had happen to you now” Isaac poked his forehead.

 

          Suddenly, Nathan remembered about Alice and asked.

 

“Where’s Alice?” “Alice? Who’s Alice?” Dennis asked back. “She’s our friend. Don’t you remember?”

 

“Friend? We don’t know anyone named Alice”

 

“Isaac don’t you remember? She’s your girlfriend” “My girlfriend name isn’t Alice. Her name is Julia. What’s with you actually?” Isaac voiced.

 

“We always study with her at the park in our college” “College? Stop talking nonsense, Nathan. It’s not funny”

 

“I really mean it. We went to that college together” “We’re only 16 and we’re still in high school” Joe stated.

 

“What?!”

 

          Three day later, Nathan was out from the hospital. And it was school day. He didn’t focus during the lesson in class. He kept thinking about Alice. Recess came.

 

“Let’s study together after school. Since exam is just around the corner” Andy turned to face Nathan. “Study?” Andy nodded.

 

“Okay then” Nathan answered weakly still looking outside. Andy and Matt exchange glances.

 

          The seven of them studied at the school gazebo. Nathan stared at the gap between the twins. *Alice always sits there* Dennis and Joe looked at each other with ‘What’s with him?’ expression.

 

          On Nathan’s way home, he took a stroll at a row of shops. He just wants to be home late on purpose because his parent doesn’t even bother about him that much. They busy with works until forgot about Nathan. He walked pass a café. It’s the exact café that he went with Alice. He entered a bookstore.

 

“That book” he picked up a book. “This book looks the same with the one in my dream” He paid for the book at the counter. Nathan quickly read the book.

 

          The book was about a girl named Alice. And it was the exact same as Nathan’s dream. Nathan closed the book, eyes rounded in shock. So Alice had read that book. *That’s explained why her eyes look swollen the day I sick*

 

          Nathan ran to Firebird’s dance room. He turned the door knob. They were dancing to ‘Don’t Touch My Girl’ song. They paused. Nathan spotted a girl at the side of the room. “Hi” they smiled.

 

“Oh, that’s my girlfriend. Her name is Julia” Isaac voiced. *She looks exactly like Alice* Nathan thought. Julia stood.

 

“I’m Julia. Nice to meet you” she lowered her head. “Hi”

 

“What bring you here?” Joe asked. “No-nothing. I just wondering where you guys had been. I’m going home. See you” Nathan waved and left.

 

“He’s weird” Dean said.

 

          Two years had passed. They went to the same college that Nathan dreamed. After they graduated, Firebird boys had debuted as a boy band and won ‘Best New Rockie’ awards. Nathan had become an architect like he always wanted. He still has the book and all of his memory with Alice in mind.

 

“Now I know why I got that kind of dream. It taught me more about friendship” Nathan smiled.