CHAPTER 5

Friendship

 

          Without saying anything, Alice kissed Isaac on his lips. She walked away.

 

“Alice” he woke up from his sleep. *It just a dream* He glanced at his side but Alice wasn’t there. He ran his finger on his lips.

 

“She really kissed me?” his face turned red.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

          Next day, Nathan had fully recovered. The eight of them studied at the park as usually. Everything was normal except for Alice. She kept thanking her friends.

 

“What’s wrong with you, Alice?” Andy asked, puzzled. “I’m fine. Why did you ask?” she asked back. “It just that your behavior is a little bit weird” “No, Andrew” she usually called Andy by his real name.

 

“Then, why did you keep thanking us?” Matt asked. “I don’t know, Mathew. I felt like I want to thank you for being my friends” she replied.

 

“It’s evening already. Let’s go” Dean packed his things. “You’re right. Let’s go” Joe replied. Suddenly, Alice smiles disappear. “What’s wrong, Alice? We can still see each other again tomorrow” Dennis held onto Alice shoulder.

 

          Alice shook hands with the Firebird members.

 

“Thank you for being a good friend” she said. Alice turned to Isaac and held onto his hands.

 

“I love you” she gave him a deep kiss; Isaac was surprised but he kissed her back. He hugged her tightly. They broke the kiss. “I love you too” Isaac gave her hand a sincere squeeze. Alice smiled with her eyes closed, letting a bit of her tears shone her eyes.

 

“Bye. See you tomorrow” Isaac gave her a wink. Alice started to blush causing her face to turn pink. The others just laughed. They left for their dorm with an uncomfortable feeling. Like something bad will happen but they shrugged it off.

 

          That night, Nathan and Alice had a dinner together. After stopped at the café they had been before, they went to the park for a walk.

 

“Nathan, don’t lose the keychain that I gave okay?” “Okay. I promise” Nathan replied. Alice stopped and clear water ran down her cheek.

 

“Alice? What’s wrong?” “Thank you for being a super friend and take care of me” she hugged him.

 

“Why are you being like this?” “Tonight, it’s either you or me will vanish forever” “What are you talking about? Nobody will disappear” Nathan face began to fell.

 

          Alice released the hug and backed off.

 

“Nathan, take care of yourself. Good bye” a drop of her tears hit the ground and Alice disappear like sand had been blown by wind. Nathan was too shock and flopped down. Suddenly, everything becomes dark.