CHAPTER 2

Friendship

 

“It was really a delicious meal. Thanks, Nathan” Alice smiled. “Your welcome” “Next time we go there, I’ll treat you” “Really?” “I’ll get my salary next month” “Yes” Nathan cheered. “Don’t shout. You just like kid” “Who do you call a kid, huh?”

         

          They were in their way to their dorm from the town. They went through a dead silent lane. Nathan started to chase Alice while she ran away.

 

“Hehe. Can’t catch me” she stuck out her tongue. Suddenly, she bumped into someone in front of her. Alice fell.

 

“Look who’s here” the guy stepped into the street light. Nathan smile disappeared. “Dean” he hissed. The rest of Dean gang came out, blocking their way. They went to the same university as Nathan and Alice. They call themselves ‘Firebird’ and they are in the theater and drama stream.

 

“It’s been a long time since we meet, right? I miss hitting you” he had a good stretches on his fingerless gloves hands. He grabbed Alice by her arm roughly.

 

“Who is this? Your girlfriend?” “Let go off me!” Alice struggled to release herself. “Shut up!”

 

 “She is not my girlfriend. Just let her go. She has nothing to do with us” Nathan replied. “That’s the shocking one. You even talk back to us now. Do you want to die?!” Dennis pushed him to the wall.

 

“Yah! Stop it!” Alice shouted. “I said shut up! Yah! Take care of her” Dean pushed Alice to Isaac. She fell into Isaac’s bare arm. He gave her a death glare and pushed her to the wall. His arm was on her neck. Isaac brought her lips near to Alice ears.

 

“Hey, silent girl. I want to ask you. Why are you being friend with that nerd? You should be my girl instead. What a waste” he whispered in low seductive voice. Alice gulped in shock.

 

          Nathan was being thrashed by Dean, Dennis and Joe when he suddenly fought them. He dashed to Isaac and grabbed him by his collar.

 

“What did you do to her?!” Nathan was furious. He threw Isaac to the side. The twin, Matt and Andy lunged for Nathan. Nathan stood in front of Alice, protecting her. The three had a great fight. Matt and Andy defeated.

 

“Let’s go” Nathan grabbed Alice’s hand and get out of the scene.

 

          The next day, Nathan and Alice walked side by side at the corridor.

 

“I’m sorry about yesterday, Alice. It was my fault for bringing you to the town” Nathan voiced. “It’s not your fault”

 

“Are you okay?” Nathan’s hand was on Alice shoulder. Alice who is day dreaming startled. “I’m okay” “You sure?” Alice nodded with a sweet smile.

 

“Don’t worry. Let’s study at park this evening” “Okay. See you later”

 

*Why did I always think about Isaac?* Alice thought.

 

          That evening,

 

“Hurry up!” Alice waved Nathan over to the place she sat in the park. Nathan rushed over to her. They started the study group.

 

“Ah! My head was full!” Nathan complained with his hand on the back of his neck. He started to munch on the junk food that Alice brought.

 

“Alice. Look!” he threw one of the chips to the air and it fell into his mouth.

 

“Wow! That’s cool” Alice clapped.

 

“Oh yeah! About yesterday. What’s that Isaac said to you? I thought he want to kiss you” Nathan asked. “He said that I should be his girlfriend instead of your friend. I think he has lost his mind back there. And he doesn’t kiss me, okay?”

 

“I said ‘I thought’” “But you know what. He called me silent girl. I just want to kill him back there!” Alice punched her palm. Nathan couldn’t stand but laughed.

 

“I’m serious” “But I saw you blushing when he is whispering” he said between his laughter. “No” “Yes” “Nathan” Alice pouted. “You know what? It’s fun making you angry” he couldn’t stop laughing.

 

“Okay. You win” she glanced at her watch. “I’m going to my dorm now” she packed up the things. “See you later” Alice waved with a smile and left. “Bye”

 

“Yes! I can go there now” Nathan said to himself and packed his things.