Awake

We love you Minwoo...

"Minwoo! Gwenchana?! Can you hear me?? Hang in there okay? We're going to take you to the hospital!" 

With that Donghyun scooped Minwoo up into his arms and ran out of the dance studio towards the nearest hospital not too far away. Hyunseong ran beside him while the others were going to catch up later by van. Donghyun looked at the unconscious boy in his arms. Minwoo looked so pale and lifeless, and Donghyun could feel his burning skin through his clothes. If he doesn't get Minwoo medical help sooner, his condition might develop into something worse.

Suddenly finding new found strength to save the maknae, Donghyun dashed forward for the last 500m before reaching the hospital. Hyunseong was surprised but he could understand how much Donghyun cared for Minwoo, and raced to catch up with his hyung. Arriving in the hospital lobby, he called for help and soon a few nurses came with a gurney. The leader gently laid MInwoo down and ran along side him as the nurses pushed him towards the E.R. 

"Hold on Minwoo, you're going to be okay..." he held Minwoo's hand and mummered. One of the nurses then stopped him from following Minwoo into the E.R. Donghyun just stared at the doors the nurses took Minwoo through, not saying a word. Hyunseong placed a hand on his shoulder. 

"Minwoo's going to be fine. He's strong he can pull through."

Donghyun smiled slightly for a brief moment before sitting on one of the waiting room chairs, and Hyunseong sat beside him.

"Actually, I'm not only worried about Minwoo's situation now, I'm worried why he would end up like this. Something is wrong, and he's not telling us." muttered Donghyun.

Hyunseong was about to reply when Jeongmin, Youngmin and Kwangmin came rushing in.

"How's Minwoo??" asked Youngmin anxiously.

"He just went in. The doctor hasn't come out yet.." replied Hyunseong.

Jeongmin clicked his tongue. "What did Minwoo do to get himself into this state?"

"That's what I'm wondering too. Minwoo suddenly changed. He used to tell us everything, but now he's shuttng himself up and bottling everything inside of him." Donghyun continued. "And I'm starting to suspect that he didn't actually visit his friend yesterday. Why would his friend want him so early in the morning until so late at night?"

"Yeah and did you see his dancing just now? It was amazing where did he learn to do those moves? It's hard and can be dangerous..." added Kwangmin. "And when he's sick too.."

There was a long awkward silence among all of them, all deep in thought about why or what caused Minwoo to go on a self destruction trip. Finally unable to take the silence, Kwangmin announced that he was going to get coffee for all of them and walked off. Youngmin, knowing why his twin was like that, followed Kwangmin.

The 3 hyungs continued to wait in silence. No one dared to speak, in case they disturb the leader, who clearly isn't in the mood to joke right now. After about half an hour, the doctor finally came out of the room. Donghyun jumped to his feet and rushed over.

"Doctor, how's Minwoo is he okay?" 

The doctor checked his clipboard. "He's fine. The reason for his fainting was fatigue, looks like he was both physically and mentally exhausted. We've given him a couple of shots for his fever. And we've noticed that he's also been starving himself. You'll definitely have to make him eat more when he goes home. Talk to him, ask him why he's doing this to himself. Apart from that, he should recover with lots of rest. He can be discharged the day after tomorrow. He's in room 402"

Donghyun heaved a sigh of relief knowing that Minwoo would be okay. But the fact that Minwoo had been starving himself just shocked him. He bowed to the doctor before rushing up with Jeongmin and Hyunseong to room 402. They met the twins along the way and Jeongmin explained what the doctor said to them.

On the 4th floor, Donghyun pushed open the hospital room door. It was a private room with only one bed which Minwoo was sleeping on. He hadn't woken up yet. There were machines beside the bed, indicating Minwoo's pulse and heart rate, as well as a drip attached to his arm. He still looked pale, but it was much better than when he was brought here.

All the members gathered around and watched their maknae sleep, all wanting him to wake up soon, to tell them he's fine and to become the adorable Minwoo they know. For the next hour Boyfriend was in the private ward. waiting for Minwoo to regain consciousness. Hyunseong and Jeongmin were sitting on the couch drinking the coffee Kwangmin had bought, the twins playing with ipads, and Donghyun never leaving Minwoo's side. The leader held his hand and squeezed it gently, while playing and brushing away the soft brown hair falling into his eyes. It killed him to see Minwoo like this, like it was his fault, because he was generally supposed to be responsible for the younger members.

Everyone knew how much Donghyun loved Minwoo, and they found it really quite sweet and touching at times, but it did sometimes cross the line, like how Donghyun voluntarily said that Minwoo was his girlfriend on TV, and not just once. Fans usually called their relationship DongWoo, and actually they didn't really mind. It was great to see the leader and the maknae getting along so well together despite the big . 

And it wasn't just Donghyun fretting over the maknae, all the others were worrying in their minds, but they wanted to give Donghyun and Minwoo some time together. Why was the maknae like this? They still hadn't gotten their answer. Was he probably just growing up? But growing up doesn't involve starving yourself does it? It had to be something that had happened.

Donghyun was still lost in his own thoughts when he felt Minwoo stir. His head shot up and saw Minwoo's eyes opening slowly.

"Hyung....?"

"MINWOO!" he yelled in joy and relief. He then called out to the others. "Guys! Minwoo's awake!"

But he didn't have to, they were already running.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minwoo was trapped in darkness. He couldn't see anything in front of him. All he remembers was his hyungs' voices...telling him to hang on. Then his senses slowly came back to him; he could feel something soft...was it a bed? And something warm and comforting grasping his hand, brushing his hair. 

Minwoo knew it was Donghyun. He wanted to see his leader so badly. He felt so horrible for some reason and wanted to cry, and needed that warm, familiar, comforting hug from Donghyun. Minwoo tried opening his eyes, and he did, just a little and was blinded by the intense white light. His vision blurry, he could make out Donghyun's face hovering above him. 

"Hyung...?" he tried his best to spek but it came out weak.

"MINWOO!" he shouted. He looked so happy. The others came running. 

"Minwoo how are you feeling?"

"Are you okay?" 

"Need me to call a doctor?"

The load of questions made Minwoo's head spin. Still dazed, he tried to find out where he was first. Trying to speak, he whispered "Where am I?"

With the help of Hyunseong he managed to sit up. Minwoo still seemed weak and tired though, and so Youngmin propped up the pillows so Minwoo could lean against them. 

"You're in the hospital. Minwoo what happened you fainted on us. Oh gosh do you know how worried I was!?" Donghyun said and hugged Minwoo tightly to his chest. "Don't even scare me like that again..."

Minwoo only nodded as he felt his tears falling. He sniffed and let out a silent sob.

"Mianhae....Do you hate me....?"