Maknae's break down

We love you Minwoo...

Minwoo's heart ached as he scrolled through the comments of the video. It was painful and humiliating for him. Just a few days ago they were preforming "I'll be there" live on stage, when he ripped his pants, during the dance move when they had to rub their knee on the floor. he had not only embarrassed himself, but all his other hyungs too. Now Boyfriend, especially him, was made a laughing stock to all the haters who had seen the pictures and videos flooding the internet.

His eyes started getting watery after reading some of the extremely mean comments such as:

"Minwoo's such a jerk, ruining the whole group's performance! And he's the dancer too! Shame on him!"

"Hahahaha that's hilarious!!! Why is he even performing on stage with Boyfriend? He can only rap and now he messed up the dance, he can't sing, so he's practically useless!"

These kind of ruse comments didn't just appear in one video but on many of their MVs and UCCs. Those words, they hurt of course, and fans fighting back at the haters helped made him feel slightly better, until he saw a certain comment that broke his heart.

"Minwoo isn't talented at all. If you watch him on variety shows he's such a baby just because he's the maknae, and I bet all the others are burdened by him. I don't get why he's an idol. He's not exactly good at dancing after this incident and can only rap. What's the use? Go away Minwoo we don't need you here."

That was it. Minwoo couldn't take it anymore. Slamming his laptop shut, he sniffed as the first tears began to slide down his cheeks. 

Yes. He was useless. The worst person of Boyfriend. He didn't even deserve to be here. Those haters were right. Why did his hyungs even like him? He was a burden. Minwoo buried his face into his pillow.

Just then, he heard a knock on the door. "Minwoo ah, come downstairs dinner's ready!" It was Donghyun.

MInwoo hurriedly wiped away his tears and groaned as he lay on his bed staring at the ceiling. "Hyung I'm not hungry...." he replied.

Donghyun opened the door and stepped in. "But you have to eat or you'll fall sick. We don't want that do we?" he tried coaxing the younger boy into coming down for dinner but the maknae simply refused and turned to his side, back facing Donghyun.

"I don't feel too good.." Minwoo mummered, which caused Donghyun to frown in worry. Placing a hand on Minwoo's shoulder he turned Minwoo to face him and felt his forehead.

"You're temperature's fine though, but since you don't feel well it's okay. Stay here and rest. I'll bring some soup for you later ne?" 

Minwoo nodded and Donghyun left the room soon after. Downstairs, Donghyun saw the other members already seated at the table and waiting.

"Where's Minwoo?" asked Jeongmin.

"Oh he says he's not feeling too well so I'll bring some soup up to him later."

Youngmin raised an eyebrow. "Minwoo's sick? He's hardly sick...."

The leader sighed. "I know, I'm worried too. But let's settle that later. Come on, eat."

With that, everyone started tucking in and only the sounds of chewing could be heard. Normally dinner wouldn't have such a tense and awkward atmosphere, but without the cheerful adorable maknae as their energy source they were not able to have as much fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, Minwoo was still tossing and turning in his bed, unable to get his mind off the comments on the video. He had no idea why it was affecting him so badly, but it just was. Words couldn't explain the hurt he felt inside. Minwoo just wanted to spill out everything, all his problems to any of his hyungs like he's done all this while, but now he was afraid of being a burden. 

He then made up his mind on what he was going to do. Maybe he should just prove to them that he was independant, and that he CAN dance. He was just going to practise and practise and practise non stop, starting tomorrow. With that thought in his head, he set the alarm until really early before slowly drifting off to sleep, ignoring the grumbling protests of his hungry stomach. 

Donghyun finished eating and excused himself from the table. Taking the bowl of soup meant for Minwoo, he climbed up the stairs and knocked on Minwoo's door. After getting no response after a few knocks he opened the door, and saw Minwoo sleeping soundly.

"Aish this poor boy..." Donghyun sat on the bed next to Minwoo and watched his dongsaeng sleep. Placing a palm on his forehead, he was relieved that Minwoo didn't have a fever, but still seemed dead tired. He considered waking Minwoo up so he can drink his soup, but Donghyun figured that Minwoo needed his sleep, so he just gave Minwoo a goodnight kiss before turning out the light and leaving.

.....

The next morning, Minwoo woke up bright and early due to his alarm, and quickly shut it off before it woke any of his other hyungs. At first he was confused to why his alarm rang so early, then he remembered he was supposed to start working hard today. He got up and brushed his teeth, changed and then going downstairs. On the table, he saw a food cover, and a post-it was stuck on it. 

Minwoo ah, in case you wake up earlier than any of us here's some soup left from last night's dinner. Warm it up before drinking it ne? Try not to go out today since you weren't feeling well last night. Anything just call us okay?

~Donghyun

Minwoo lifted the cover and there was a bowl of chicken soup sitting there. He honestly wasn't hungry, but felt so touched by his hyung's thoughtfulness that he decided to just accept it. Warming the soup up, he drank it quickly, it was delicious. Just before he walked out of the door, he grabbed a pen and a piece of paper and wrote a note to tell his hyungs that he was out.

Hyungs

I had gone out to visit a friend. Thanks for the soup hyung ^^ It was good. I'm feeling okay now. I should be back by 12am.

~Minwoo

The first sentence was a lie. He felt horribly guilty about lying to his hyungs but it's better that way; because it was a believable excuse. Walking out of the door, he made his way to Boyfriend's dance practice room. He knew his hyungs never go there especially when there are no schedules as they want to take a break and rest, not sweat and dance. However, Minwoo the dancing machine of Boyfriend loved practising dancing, but he had to follow his hyungs, so that prevented him. Now was his chance.

Switching on the light, the dance studio lit up. Some tiny windows at the top showed the darkness. It was insane for him to come here at 4.30 in the morning, when even the sun hasn't risen yet. But Minwoo didn't care. He just wanted to relive his stress and dance non stop. 

Taking out a disc from his bag, he slipped it into the music player and set the volume on high. The dance music started play and Minwoo moved his body intensely and with grace, not skipping a beat. He danced as sweat poured off him and his limbs felt numb. Minwoo looked at the clock and realised that he had been dancing for almost an hour straight! Stopping the music, he slumped down against the wall and gulped down a bottle of water while breathing heavily.

He felt tired and worn out already, but no way he was going to stop. This was an excellent way of relieving everything bothering him. Getting back up on his feet, he decided to dance some more, but with much more complicated moves......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jeongmin sat up in bed, letting out a big yawn. He looked at the time. 8am. It was one of those days where they were allowed to sleep in due to no schedules. It felt like heaven. While washing up, he suddenly remembered their leader telling them to check on Minwoo if they were the earliest to wake up. He was afraid Minwoo might get sick overnight. Wiping his face dry, he went over to Minwoo's room 2 doors away. 

Thinking Minwoo might still be asleep, Jeongmin turned the door knob as quietly as he could. He peeked in only to find the empty bed. Panicking, he ran to Donghyun's room, he knocked on the door furiously while shouting "Hyung! Yah! Wake up!!!" 

All the commotion and ruckus he was making woke Hyunseong too. Luckily the twins' room were downstairs, or else Youngmin would be seriously grouchy. Donghyun opened the door, obviously annoyed and irritated that he was disturbed from his peaceful sleep. 

"Yah! What is it Jeongmin?!" He hissed. Hyunseong came out of his room too, looking like a raccoon, his hair messy. 

"It's Minwoo. He's gone!" 

At the sound of Minwoo's name Donghyun immediately shot up and ran to Minwoo's room. Yanking open the door, he didn't see anyone inside, and began to worry. Hyunseong went to check downstairs and in the kitchen, but Minwoo wasn't there. Instead, he found a note. He read it and realised it was from Minwoo. He showed it Donghyun who began to worry even more.

"Minwoo wasn't feeling well yesterday and yet he went out? And 12 am is really late! What if something happens to him on the way home??" Donghyun mummered. He knew this was being overprotective, but somehow he felt responsible for Minwoo and will regret if anything happened to him. The maknae had always had a soft spot in the leader's heart.

Picking up his handphone, he tried calling Minwoo, but he wouldn't answer. He then tried texting, but got no reply either. Why isn't Minwoo answering?! Hyunseong and Jeongmin noticed his anxiety and patted him on the back.

"Minwoo's a smart kid he'll call or text back. Maybe right now he can't pick up."

"Yeah and I think if anything happens his friend will let us know." Jeongmin added in. 

Donghyun nodded. They did make sense, but he was just worried. He couldn't help it. It was like Minwoo to just disappear like that, and early in the morning? Sitting on the couch, he wondered just what Minwoo was doing now.