Hurt

We love you Minwoo...

All through the afternoon, Minwoo danced and danced and danced his heart out. He only stopped a few times for water breaks. He didn't eat. He couldn't be bothered to, and he took this as punishment for his uselessness. Besides all that, Minwoo was trying some complicated dance moves he has never learned before which could be quite dangerous. He fell down many times and he winced in pain, but he just wouldn't give in. He stood up, brushed himself off and tried again and again.

All the effort did pay off as he learnt quite a bit. He can now dance more moves. However his physical self wasn't looking half as good. His body was numb from over exerting and not eating. When Minwoo finished the last song, he literally fell to the floor due to fatigue and lay there, breathing heavily, not being able to find the strength to make himself sit up. It was almost a ton of weight pressing him to the floor. Minwoo's clothes were soaked through with sweat, and the air condition in the studio might make him catch a cold. 

But he didn't care. This was the way to make him feel better. This was punishment. Punishment for being such a useless maknae, burdening everyone else. He lay there almost a good half an hour before slowly and painfully forced himsefl to sit up. Looking at the watch, he got a shock and realised that it was already 11.30pm! He told Donghyun he would be home by 12! 

Wasting no time, he changed into a dry set of clothes he had brought along with him, packed his bag and walked home as fast as his legs could carry him. He didn't want to run. He had to conserve energy. He walked through the dark streets, the same as when he was making his way to the dance studio, except this was at night. Minwoo leapt up the front steps to the door just 5 minutes before midnight and rang the doorbell. The door was yanked opened 3 seconds later  by a flustered and relieved looking Donghyun.

"MINWOO! Where have you been? Are you okay? Did you get hurt anywhere?" The leader frantically asked while looking Minwoo from head to toe.

Minwoo shook his head.  "I'm fine hyung. I just went to visit a friend." 

"Well you really should've woken one of us up. Did you know how worried we were?" Donghyun nagged.

The maknae just stood there with his head hung low. Donghyun noticed and felt his heart soften. "Come on, let's go in. It's freezing out here" he ushered Minwoo into the dorm.

There in the living room, sat the twins playing video games while Jeongmin was watching. Hyunseong was reading a magazine. Jeongmin looked up when Minwoo came in. 

"Minwoo ah! Where were you? Donghyun was worried sick.." Minwoo just smiled faintly. "Visiting a friend. I'm fine hyung don't worry."

Hyunseong put down his magazine and walked over to Minwoo. Without warning, he cupped the younger boy's face and felt his forehead.

"Yah Minwoo, you're slightly warm you know..." The thought hit Minwoo; it must be from the soaked clothes. The others including the twins came over to Minwoo with concern.

Minwoo didn't like how all his hyungs cared about him so much. He was grateful, but he felt like a baby, burdening them every single time. Unable to take it anymore, he pulled his arms out of Donghyun's grasp. 

"I said I'm fine." Minwoo muttered before climbing the stairs to his room and locking the door. Boyfriend stood there, not knowing what had just happened with their maknae. Were they really THAT overprotective of Minwoo? Maybe, but it was really for his own good. Plus he's sick right now. Donghyun sighed and sat on the sofa.

"Something's wrong with Minwoo. I just know there is." 

Hyunseong nodded. "I know what you mean too. Not just mentally. Did you see how pale his face was? No wonder I suspected he was sick..."

"But why? I mean Minwoo would always come to us immediately for problems like this but now he's trying to avoid our help." said Kwangmin sadly.

All of them had no idea. One day their sweet maknae was playing with them and the next he's locked himself up with a fever. This was serious, everyone knows there will be consequences if this doesn't stop. But no one could think of a plan. Not even Donghyun. They decided to see if Minwoo gets better tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Minwoo climbed up the stairs and shut his bedroom door behind him, locking it. He lay on his bed and closed his eyes, hot tears beginning to form. This was the kind of burden he always gave his hyungs. They always needed to fuss over him, and take effort to try and make him feel better. Of course attention from hyungs is good, but too much is just breaking Minwoo more. 

Minwoo groanedand closed his eyes for a few seconds. Honestly, he did feel quite sick. His body felt so weak like people had trampled on him and the room was somewhat degrees lower than the normal temperature. Shivering, Minwoo pulled the covers up to his chin and reached for a thermometer in his drawer. Taking his temperature, he found he had a fever of 38.4 degrees. Minwoo thought of going down to the kitchen and get some fever medicine but then he then remembered something that made him stop. 

He was punishing himself. Why shoud he be so kind to let himself take medicine? The fever was a result of his actions so he should bear it nonetheless. Boyfriend had a photoshoot tomorrow as well as dance practice. Minwoo would just have to stick through that too. He suddenly felt this urge to not care about anything and let himself suffer. He shouldn't eat, sleep or slack during schedules. That was mental thought. Minwoo's mind had fixed itself on this thought and he will follow it through for as long as possible. 

And so he did. That night, Minwoo refused to sleep until he accidentally did at 5am in the morning, but was woken up an hour later by the manager. He washed up and made his way to the kitchen. Hyunseong was already there with Donghyun, and both took only  second to see the dark rongs under Minwoo's eyes.

"Good morning. You look tired Minwoo...Did you sleep?"

Minwoo only nodded as a response before walking out into the living room. "Yah! Minwoo! Aren't you going to have breakfast?" yelled Hyunseong. "I'm not hungry!" Minwoo called back. That was a lie. his stomach was begging for food. He hadn't eaten lunch or dinner yesterday. 

The others tried and convince him to at least eat a little, but the stubborn maknae just shook his head. Finally they gave up and ate by themselves. When it was time to go, Minwoo suddenly felt this dizziness in his head and stumbled a little into Donghyun arms. 

"Minwoo! Gwenchana?! What happened?" There was panic in his voice. Minwoo just quickly regained his balance and shook his head.

"I'm fine hyung, really." With that he gathered his backpack and walked towards the van. Donghyun didn't believe Minwoo. Something was terribly wrong and he knew something bad was going to happen very soon. Still with Minwoo on his mind, he piled into the van and they drove off to the dance studio.

All through the car ride Donghyun noticed that Minwoo was desperately trying not to fall asleep. Usually he would be hyperactive, chattering non stop with his hyungs, but not today. 

Once they arrived at the dance studio, the dance instuctor was waiting there already. They began practice immediately and to everyone's surprise, Minwoo managed to dance the whole thing flawlessly and the instructor was obviously impressed. The new dance had quite hard and complicated moves but Minwoo hit it all on the dot. It was amazing, yet Donghyun was wondering where Minwoo learned the dance techniques from.

All through practice everyone was struggling to learn the dance except for Minwoo, who kept being called by the instructor to demostrate over and over again. Each time he had to repeat, his headache grew and his vision blurred even more. Minwoo's body felt numb and could hardly move is arms and legs the 5th time he got called up. He was allowed  a short water break while the rest try to get it right.

Minwoo slumped against the wall, his eyes droopy, head spinning and completely drained. He felt he didn't have a sap of energy lft in him, and the fever made him feel worse Then that's when the instructor called for him yet again.

Sighing, pushed himself up with the help of the wall and made his way to the front. Everyone noticed how pale he looked and how lifeless his eyes look. The instructor asked him if he was feeling okay, and Minwoo nodded. Donghyun watched nervously with the rest of the Boyfriend members. The music started to play and Minwoo dancedas he was supposed to.....until the most complicated part involving turning quickly around 2 times in one spin.

Minwoo was almost successful until the dizziness struck him again, this time so suddenly that he couldn't hold his weight up. Falling to the floor, he lay there as his vision got hazier and blurrer by the second, and darkness tugging at the edge of his vision. He could make out hurried footsteps towards him, someone shaking him and shouting his name. He wanted to repond, but was too weak to speak. Minwoo felt his body being turned so he was facing up, and saw the alarmed and blurry faces of all of his hyungs. They were saying something, but their words were slurred

"Minwoo...can...hear me...hang in there...coming..hospital..." 

Then he could feel someone.....was it Donghyun? He was lifting his body up and running....

That was all Minwoo could make out until everything else went black. Just his hyungs' voices telling him to hang on...