1

EXOPLANET: First Class

 

“Sir, the child that we have been monitoring has already entered the academy.”

The man in black suit moved towards the end of the long table, where a stout, stern looking official was sitting. The official wore a grim expression as the man in black handed him a folder with a big “CONFIDENTIAL” mark written across it. The official’s eyes narrowed and his brows met as he seriously scans the pages. He heaves a heavy sigh and said,

“Have the parents complied with the contract?”

“The kid’s parents died just a month ago sir. He was taken to foster care before we finally got the papers to admit him here.”

The official’s lips pursed as he immerses in deep thought. After a while he grabs his phone and dials a familiar number.

“President Lee. We already got hold of the descendant.” The official reported. He pauses for a while to listen to the other line before ending with a doubtful expression. “I understand sir.” The official ends the call and suddenly stands up and faces the man in black who was diligently waiting for any orders.

“Process fake documents for the kid. Give the same room assignments with the regular students and send him to  Mr. Park. He knows what he’ll need to do.”

The man in black nodded and swiftly exits the room only to be interrupted by the official.

“And make sure no one knows about our conversation or else…”

The man in black’s face became expressionless as he felt the severity of the situation.

“…or your head will be on the line.”

 

***&&&&***

S.M ACADEMY

Special Mandatory Academy

Built on the year 1722 during the Cold War, SM Academy was first funded by the Russians that conquered Korea then it got destroyed during the Third World War. It was reconstructed by the Republic of Korea during 1854 when it first got its independence from its conquerors. It was said to be a highly praised academic institution at first because the students became forerunners in different industries in Korea. But during the year 1876, the school was forced to become an underground government institution when the Republic of Korea was ruled by the Dictator Lee Changsik. There were no profound reasons for the reinstitution. However, there were various rumours of another World War during Lee Changsik’s time and the Academy was “supposed” to be his fortress because the Academy’s building was one of the finest in the world. But in the year 1883, Lee Changsik got evicted from his position, and the Academy emerged again. But, there were multiple changes in the Academy’s policies and the acceptance of students. The changes that were first drafted by the former dictator became the Academy’s new foundation on managing the school. At first the people were against the changes since a lot of the parents wanted their children to be admitted into the Academy. The Academy’s administration remained firm and still pursued with their new policies despite protests. And now, even after 13 decades, the Academy still remained resilient and strong, still giving students the utmost importance and providing the most excellent curriculum that could be at par with huge academies globally…

 

“Are you guys done with your essays?”

The students looked up at their teacher who was sporting a lawyer-ish look, with a light violet blouse, topped with a white coat and paired with white stencil pants. She usually dresses casually, in pants and shirt during classes but today was different. Nevertheless, it was a nice change from her “ordinary” look and her students seemed to like the change.

“Pass all your papers in my desk and you are free to go.” The blonde, honey skinned teacher smiled sweetly and gestured her students to hurry up. The little student began to line up infront of her desks and they piled their papers.

“Jessica-noona!”

The honey-skinned Jessica turned to her right and was greeted by a small, light brown haired boy who is waving his right arm enthusiastically.

“Luhan-ssi, haven’t I told you to call me Teacher Jessica in class?” Jessica said in amusement. The little boy named Luhan started to call her “noona” ever since she became his tutor in practical classes. At first Jessica thought Luhan was calling her “noona” because of familiarity but later on the little boy became too attached to her and he’s now treating Jessica as his older sister. Luhan never got the chance to experience having a family so Jessica never really minded Luhan’s attachment to her. Despite Luhan being an orphan, the little boy was always a ball of sunshine and his bright personality masked his painful past-this made Jessica become very fond of the smiling little boy.

Luhan gave Jessica a very big smile while he raised his finished essay in the air. He rushed towards the teacher’s table while dragging another light brown haired boy who was slightly taller than Luhan.

“We finished our essay noona!” Luhan said proudly. He handed his paper to Jessica and he turned to the taller boy beside him. “Sehun-ah, give noona your essay too so we can go out and play!”

Sehun, who was wearing a blank expression stuck out his tongue slightly and immediately handed his paper. Jessica smiled at Sehun who was staring at her with his small, deep eyes. Little Sehun has this habit of sticking out his tongue no matter what he’s doing. Compared to Luhan’s bright personality, Sehun’s a bit awkward and shy towards the other kids that’s why he’s close to only a few of his classmates and one of them is Luhan.

After giving out their papers, Luhan quickly grabbed Sehun’s right hand and he dragged him across the room where another classmate of his was sitting. The kid had small, cute eyes that looked like diagonal markings on a white bun. His full cheeks made him really cute without him even trying. The kid was biting his lip while seriously trying to finish up his essay. When Luhan suddenly popped in front of him, he lost his composure and he kept his head down.

“Are you done with your essay Bao zi?” Luhan asked. Sehun stood beside Luhan and stared intently at the other kid.

“You know I don’t like being called Bao zi.” The other kid replied coldly. He really didn’t like to be called “Baozi” because it made him feel fat. He has told Luhan several times to stop calling him that but the latter never really got the message.

“Jessica-noona said to pass our papers Baozi! Let’s go out and play!”

The puffy cheeked “Baozi” sighed and stood up. He faced Luhan gave him an annoyed look.

“Luhan-ssi, its XIUMIN not Baozi. Call me that again and I'll never play with you again.” Xiumin said in irritation. He puffed his cheeks to show his annoyance but Luhan just took this as an opportunity to cuddle the other.

“Baozi-ah! You’re so cute!” Luhan squealed and attempted to pinch Xiumin’s bun-like cheeks but the latter was quick and he made a dash towards the teacher’s table and away from Luhan. After handing his essay paper, Xiumin turned around and glared at Luhan. He then made his way out of the room to join his other classmates. Luhan’s eyes grew and tears welled up in his eyes. He was never the crybaby, but whenever Xiumin leaves him like that makes him extremely sad that he easily wells up in tears. Luhan’s lips quivered and his tears began to flow, when Sehun suddenly pats Luhan’s fluffy hair and it puts the crying boy in ease.

“Don’t cry hyung. I’ll play with you.” Sehun said with a brief, yet sweet smile. Luhan quickly wiped his tears and his face immediately brightened. Fortunately for Sehun, Luhan is someone who easily cheers up and doesn’t miss any chance to smile. Sehun ruffled his hyung’s hair and took his hand as they made their way out of the room.

Meanwhile, while Jessica was collecting the papers, she suddenly heard a loud wail from the back of the room. She surveyed the room and found one of his students crying and another student laughing at him. Jessica paced towards the children and immediately the two of them froze up. Their teacher maybe as sweet as honey but she can be as scary as a witch, and one of the things Jessica hates are kids that fight each other.

“What is happening here? Are you bullying Suho again Chen?” Jessica said in a stern voice as she eyes the younger of the two. Suho was still whimpering as he tried to narrate what had happened.

“I was just writing my essay Teacher Jessica…” Suho hiccupped and he wiped his small eyes, “when Chen suddenly electrified me…” He started to wail again, his tears flowing from his eyes endlessly. Jessica sighed heavily and raises her brow at the kid that kept fighting back a snicker. Chen had always been the source of mischief in class, and with his powers he could easily pull out pranks especially at his favourite target-Suho.

“Chen! You do know there’s a strict policy of using powers in classrooms. You’ve been in and out of the guidance office! Do you want me to send you there again?” Jessica reprimanded. The short-haired, Chen bowed his head in regret and replied with a weak. “No…”

The crying Suho finally calmed down but something suddenly caught Jessica’s attention-Suho’s wet pants. Jessica rubbed her temples in defeat and said,

“You peed again Suho-ssi?”

The milky white skinned, little Suho could only nod in embarrassment. On the other hand, Chen, who has been secretly eyeing Suho, is enjoying his hyung’s embarrassment. Chen’s full cheekbones protruded as he bites back a laugh.

Jessica sighed for the millionth time. “You need to go back to your room Suho-ssi.” The little Suho pouted, too embarrassed to even get up from his seat. Jessica sensed this and she quickly calls out another student to help Suho.

“D.O! Come here for a while please.”

In the middle of the room sat an innocent looking student with eyes as big as an owl’s. He was just quietly sitting in his chair, unmoved, laughing here and there at his classmate’s jokes, but he kept a straight face every now and then. He turned around and he stared at his teacher. Jessica could feel chills running through spine with just D.O’s stare.

“What is it Teacher Jessica?” D.O asked in a gentle yet awkward tone.

“Can you please accompany Suho to your room? He needs to change his pants.”

“Did he pee again?” D.O asked nonchalantly. He slowly gets up from his seat and strides towards Suho. He gives the older kid a deep stare before handing out his hand to him. Suho fights back a sniffle and takes D.O’s hand. He stood up while shyly trying to cover his wet pants. The whole class is already used to Suho’s peeing stints that it never really bothers them. When the two got out from the room, Jessica turned his attention back to Chen and also instructed him to leave the room and head straight to the guidance counsellor. Chen nodded and dashed out of the room.

Jessica returned to her desk, looking tired. She started sorting out the children’s papers when someone suddenly stood behind her. Jessica almost jumped in surprise when she heard a very, very low tone talking behind her back.

“I like strolling in the beach alone.”

Startled, Jessica’s hand flew to , covering a shout that attempted to escape.

“Tao-ssi! Don’t do that!” Jessica exclaimed. A tall, honey-skinned boy appeared from nowhere and handed his essay to Jessica. “How long have you been standing there?” Jessica asked.

Tao’s eyes kept a fixed stare at Jessica and didn’t respond to Jessica’s question. Instead, he raises his finger and points towards the classroom door. Jessica turns her head to the direction of the door only to find nothing. Jessica got startled again when Tao began to talk again in a deep voice.

“I like eating apple pies.”

Jessica swore her heart almost jumped out from her chest.

After giving Jessica another long and deep stare, he strides out of the room leaving Jessica alone.

This is going to be a looooong day.

 

***&&&&***

“…yes sir. I understand. I’ll make sure to keep an eye on the kid.”

A handsome looking man adjusted the rim of his glasses as he ends his phone call. His eyes darted towards the folder that contained the profile of the new student he was going to handle. His fingers run though the information on the profile and he pauses for a while to think then starts to read again thoroughly. He immersed himself in a deep thought when suddenly,

“YAAAAH!! EETEUK-AH!!”

The man name Eeteuk cringed, but he didn’t raise his head to welcome his surprise guest. He knows all too well what his guest wants.

“I’m not hungry. And I don’t want to go to another drinking session with you.” Eeteuk said.

“Why not?” the guest whined. “It’s the third time this week that you refused an invitation from me. You’re lucky to even be invited by me!”

Eeteuk looked up for the first time and gave his guest a doubtful look.

“President Lee Soo Man assigned the “descendant” under my care.” Eeteuk said in a grim tone. “Heechul-ah, do you think I can handle another kid like him?” Eeteuk’s eyes pleading for a proper answer.

The long haired, porcelain skinned, Heechul crosses him arms across his chest and replies in an equally grim tone.

“The President entrusted you the kids because he knows you can guide them well. You already have 10 kids with high classification SAs under your care so having the “descendant” under your wing wouldn’t be such a burden on you.”

“But the kid is different. It’s the “descendant”. You know how serious the situation is now that we have the kid. The President is already planning to put the school on high alert and he’s preparing to add a new line of defense for the Academy.” Eeteuk removed his rimmed glasses and he massages his temples. His worries drew lines on his face and his current expression looks like he’s on the verge of defeat.

“Look Eeteuk-ah, nobody really knows what the “descendant” can do aside from us. And how long has it been since the last “descendant” became a meal on the table for its pursuers? People even believe there is no “descendant” anymore.” Heechul replied, trying to assure and put some sense into his friend. Eeteuk gave Heechul a long, weary stare before starting to begin his work again.

“Maybe you’re right.” Eeteuk replied. He scans again the profile before and added, “I’ll just treat him like any other student so no one suspects anything. My student’s safety is my first priority.”

“Now that's the Eeteuk I know.” Heechul exclaimed. “Now can we go out now? There’s a new bar just a few blocks from Haeundae and Hankyung said it has lots of y women there and—“

This is going to be a looooong day.

 

 

A/N

myungsoofeels establishing shots part 1. ^^

not all exo members are described here because they'll be appearing in the next chapter. I'm just saying so you know. :))