three

counting pulses

[Thursday - 11:13AM]

Woohyun woke up to a scream, immediately followed by a loud thud and someone calling his name. He scrambled to the edge of his bed and peered at the ground thorugh his hair. Sunggyu was sprawled on the floor, the left side of his face buried in the carpet and his arms on either side of his head.

Woohyun jumped off his bunk, not bothering to use the ladder. "Gyu...", he says as he carefully rolls the taller one onto his back. "Are you okay...?"

"No.", he groans. "I'm late."

"Huh? For what?" He flicked his eyes towards the alarm clock next to Sunggyu's bed.

"What do you think?" 

"Hyung, again?" Woohyun sighed as he helped his roommate up from the ground

"I keep sleeping through the alarm!" The eldest screeced in frustration.

"Okay, okay. Go wash up," The younger one pushed him towards their shared bathroom. "I'll get your stuff ready."

For the past couple of weeks, Sunggyu had been waking up late for his Thursday morning classes because of his late Wednesday night gigs at the rock club. He'd said he didn't mind it, but Woohyun noticed that it made him extremely frustrated the entire day and he didn't have to ask why. Kim Sunggyu was a very organized and meticulous person so, when his precisely planned schedules changed too quickly, it threw him off. Miles off. So, when the manager at the club told him that his band would have to play on Wednesday nights rather than Saturdays for a few weeks, he nearly had a mental breakdown. And on those Thursdays when he was way off the rails of Sunggyu normalcy, he could barely function. That's how Woohyun became his mom for a day, once a week.

Moments after Woohyun finished packing all of Sunggyu's things into his bag, the eldest walked out of the bathroom. "What do I wear?" He asked sleepily as he let his jogging pants fall to his ankles, not caring that the younger was staring directly at him.

"I took jeans, a plain t-shirt and a hoodie out for you. If you mess this up, then I don't know what to tell you." Woohyun said while handing him those exact items.

"Uh-huh." Sunggyu mumbled despite his brain not processing a single thing the other said. He stepped out of his jogging pants and squeezed into the tight jeans.

"Gyu, your class is on the east side of campus. You know, the building Sungyeol says looks like cheese? Don't forget!" Woohyun rushed the completely-out-of-it Sunggyu, who'd just finished pulling on the sleeve of his hoodie lazily, towards the door. "Oh my God, your shirt's on backwards! Really!"

"Don't care." Sunggyu waved Woohyun off, taking his messenger bag and pulling it onto his shoulder. "I've got a class to attend. See you. And thanks." He smiled meekly and slipped out the door.

Woohyun sighed, shaking his head as he walked back to his bed. Then something in his mind clicked.  He sprinted to Sunggyu's desk, grabbed a small bottle, and bolted for the door. 

Upon opening it, he yelled down the hall. "Hyung! Your pills!"

A bewildered looking Sunggyu came running back. He snatched the bottle from the youngest's hands and left a sloppy kiss on his cheek. "What would I do without you?! Bye!" He breathed out, already exhausted.

Woohyun smiled to himself as he went to his bunk a second time. He was giddy as a school girl.

----------------

ok! next time, we meet hoya and dongwoo hehe ^^

thank you always for reading, commenting and subscribing! much appreciated <3