Code of Ethics

Phantasmagoria

In which LuHan is an auditor and Jongin is the CEO of the company

1,617 words       |      Romance, Drama       |    Lu Han/Kai


 

"You know we're not supposed to engage in relationships with our clients, right?" LuHan gasps between kisses, grasping the smooth texture of Jongin's suit tightly as the other backs him into the door.

The latter pushes against him roughly and LuHan feels him against his body, hard and pulsing, straining in his pants.  He swallows thickly. 

The latter smirks against his lips. "Independence in appearance is more important. So as long as no one knows, there is nothing."

LuHan frowns, pushing Jongin away. "But rumors are already circulating in your company, Jongin. I can't interview or ask your employees about how the system works if they're all afraid I hold the key to their jobs!"

Jongin laughs, extracts himself from the embrace, pouring himself a glass of wine and sitting on his desk, looking every inch the young, successful CEO of EXO. "Technically, you do. You are the auditor and you report everything to the Board of Directors which I am still a part of, and whom has the final say on matters affecting the company."

"Precisely. so it completely defeats the purpose of why I'm in this particular audit  engagement when I can't do my job right because they're all refusing to talk to me or they're too busy gossiping about me sleeping with the CEO."

"What have you heard?" Jongin asks interestedly, taking a sip of his drink.

"They're saying that I'm sleeping with you for favors and gifts. They're saying that I'm nothing but a pretty face and the reason why I'm still in this engagement and getting paid is because the CEO wants my body and not because I'm exercising my profession."

"Who said that?"

LuHan shook his head. "That is not important."

"I cannot stop them from talking, LuHan." Jongin replies, although his face was now marred by a frown.

LuHan sighs. "I know." 

Jongin shrugs, the residue of wine glistening on his lips.  "What do you want me to do?"

And it's completely distracting, the way Jongin was effortlessly suave and gorgeous and LuHan groans in frustration, sliding down to rest against the door.

Jongin comes up before him, abandoning his drink. It spills into the carpet. He pays no mind as he settles his legs between LuHan's, tipping the latter's head for a kiss.

LuHan can taste the wine on his tongue.

"I think your secretary knows about me." LuHan confesses as Jongin places kisses on his neck.

Jongin laughs,warm breath spilling unto LuHan's skin. "Kyungsoo? Of course he does. He's my best friend."

LuHan gasps as Jongin on the juncture of his neck and shoulder. "And," he moans fitfully as Jongin starts palming him, hand heavy on his crotch. "He's not doing anything?"

"He's loyal to me." Jongin replies, undoing the buttons on LuHan's shirt.

"Jongin--" LuHan says,hands gripping the latter's hips as Jongin settles over him, rubbing against him.

"Having second thoughts, LuHan?" He says mischievously, hand smoothing down LuHan's smooth chest. He lowers his head and drags his tongue all over, blowing it and watching as goosebumps prickle the skin.

LuHan bites back his reply, his hands aimlessly looking for something to hold unto, settling instead to keeping them tightly fisted at his sides.

"Jongin--really, we need to stop this." LuHan says, fighting to keep the lust at bay.

"What do you want me to do?" Jongin repeats, pulling away. LuHan can see that he's frustrated, pupils blown and wide with lust and passion and LuHan shivers, knowing that he had caused it.

"We need to stop this." He says with difficulty.

Jongin slides off his lap, sits a few feet away. LuHan is almost tempted to laugh at the image of the most powerful person in the company sitting down on the floor of his office, but it's a serious situation that must be rectified immediately, otherwise, he will lose all credibility of being one of the good auditors in the industry.

"Do you wish it?" Jongin asks, back ramrod straight and completely serious despite the messed up hair and swollen lips and half-undone shirt.

"Yes. I can't have any rumors. It will be bad for both you and me. You know my profession; I'm next to useless if the world thinks I'm getting paid because I'm sleeping with clients." LuHan says wearily, running a hand through his hair. He knows he'd messed it up but honestly he can't bring himself to care.

"You're not a ." Jongin barks suddenly, eyes blazing at the thought.

"No, I'm not, because you're the only person I've slept with. You know that." LuHan whispers.

Over the course of the engagement they've instigated, sparks had flown between them at the first time they met, and maybe it was inevitable that it would descend to this-- a whirlwind attraction of romance between duties and sneaking behind closed doors to touch and to smother the flames between them, and sometimes it works, but sometimes the embers grow into blazing fires and they succumb to their desires, gasping each other's names into the other's skin, branding their bodies with each other's touch.

LuHan had vowed to himself to never fall in love while doing his duty, but he does anyway.

And if he continues doing this it wouldn't end well.

"If that's what you want." Jongin says, turning away from LuHan and going back to sit in his chair, making himself presentable.

LuHan stands awkwardly, trying to do the same as he awaits Jongin's next words.

He knows what's next, but it still hits him with a blow.

"From this moment on, you have ceased to be the external auditor of EXO Incorporated. Please inform Kyungsoo on your way out so that the notices will be sent to the different divisions immediately. I shall ask the Audit Committee to inform you so that you could meet your successor auditor and so that you can brief him or her about the proceedings of this company."

"But--the Board of Directors need to be the ones who will remove me from my duties, Jongin--"

Jongin waves him off. "I'll take care of it myself. You may leave. I hope you have a good day."

LuHan trembles slightly on the spot, willing himself to be strong; it wasn't hard to find a job, with this degree under his belt, but it was still painful for Jongin to be cold and callous even if he had asked to be dismissed.

"Thank you." He says thickly, turning on his heel. He's turning the knob when he hears Jongin say, "I'm sorry, LuHan."

The end of everything.

"I'm sorry, too." 






"You got sacked?" Yixing is bewildered, eyes wide in disbelief. "This is the first time it happened. Why? Is it because of the boss?"

LuHan nods, opening his mouth as Yixing delivers spoonfuls of ice cream periodically. He swallows, savoring the taste of chocolate before he replies, "I can't work and be objective at the same time, Yixing."

"Why not?" the latter waves his arm bearing the spoon wildly and the image is so funny that LuHan begins to laugh despite himself.

"I love him, and I can't be true to my profession if my feelings get in the way of my duty."

"Yeah, yeah,duty to the public and all that." Yixing says, eating the ice cream himself. LuHan protests and he tries to get his spoon back.

"I don't get it though, so by firing you I suppose that was the end of your relationship as well?" Yixing asks, finally relenting and passing the spoon to LuHan, who shovels it into the tub morosely.

"I don't know--he's not bothered to look for me and I can't look for him because I'm the one who asked for it, Yixing."

Yixing opens his mouth to reply but he's interrupted by the ringing of the bell. 

"Must be the pizza." Yixing guesses. He dives for his wallet and throws it to LuHan, who rolls his eyes and opens the door to receive their delivery.

But it's not pizza.

It's Jongin, in his white shirt and tight jeans, smiling shyly at LuHan whose mouth remains perpetually open in shock as soon as his mind had registered that it was Jongin who was standing in their doorway.

"What's taking you so long it's just piz--oh." Yixing says, eyeing Jongin and simultaneously elbowing LuHan. 

"Don't just stand there like some statue, you idiot, do something.",  He says before pushing LuHan out of the doorway, directly into Jongin's arms.

He still smelled the same-- warm, a tinge of sandalwood musk and Jongin. LuHan burrows his head into the latter's chest, feeling the heart beat strongly in rhythm with his own. Jongin's arms tighten in response.

"Why are you here, Jongin?" LuHan asks, trying to make sure that it was the real flesh and blood Jongin standing before him, not some messed up hallucination his mind made up. "You fired me."

Jongin laughs, and LuHan realizes how much he missed that deep, rumbling laughter. "Yes, I did."

Jongin tilts LuHan's face up, and the latter stares into the deep brown orbs. "I fired you so that I could have the freedom to be with you."

Jongin kisses the skin beneath his eyes, and LuHan's eyes flutter close in reply, feeling like his heart could burst. "I know we'll be busy--we'll both have work and duties to other people, and I can't promise everything would be perfect, but still---Will you be with me?"

And LuHan can't help it, he's giddy and he's grinning widely as he captures Jongin's lips in a kiss.

"Yes." 

 


 

in honor of my course! LOL

for better understanding, an auditor (an external auditor, to be exact) is someone from outside the company who checks and verifies that the company's reports (AKA, Financial Statements) really reflect what happened; they make sure that those reports are free from errors. Therefore it is really important that the auditor is independent in appearance and fact so that he may deemed credible.

Hope it helps~ 

Please read and comment! <3