Chapter 1: How dumb are you?

How to say I love you?

 

Chapter 1: “How dumb are you?”

 

            He leaned towards me, a small smirk forming on his plump lips. This was bad, really bad, why couldn’t I just keep my mouth shut.

He perused his lips and opened his mouth slightly, the tip of his tongue hitting the roof of his mouth. I could only stare, my eyes slightly glazed over.

 I felt like banging my head against the wall, I finally was living out my live-long dream, the one I had been planning since the fateful day in the second grade.

Yet, here I was suddenly becoming mute. “Hyung~” Slowly I turned my head to the left, locking eyes with a pair of emotionless eyes.

“N-neh, Sehun?” The maknae gave a slight cough, clearing his throat.

“Yixing-hyung has been calling you for the past ten minutes.” A hearty chuckle contorted out of the boy next to him, a leaner, more feminine version of the dazed out maknae.

 I gave Luhan a minor glare void of all anger and menace and more so filled with embarrassment. My face turned a light pink standing out against my pale face.

“Joonie~” Yixing said softly, a flirty tone in his voice. “Uhh… Y-yeah?”  My blush not only darkened but spread from my face down to my hands. “Well, is it true?” He questioned, lightly flicking away the imaginary lint from his jacket.

“Well… you see, I, you… so, and then, umm…y-y-yeah.” An awkward laugh bubbled from my throat. A wide grin fixed on his face “Joonmyun your so funny~”

“But, is it true? I mean about you-know.” A barely audible sigh escaped my lips; I looked towards Luhan, he gave a slow shake of the head.

“Yeah” God I was such a liar “Chŏng-mal-lyo?” His face lite up broadcasting that infamous one cheeked dimple of his to the world.

I heard a slight thumping sound and turned to see Luhan face palming himself,

I gave him an awkward all teeth no lip smile, I knew without a doubt I probably was an exact copy of Chanyeol, minus the crazy part.

“Yeah, really” I had a miniature heart attack as Yixing leapt across the table between us and grasped for my neck

The heat of his touch warming said area and traveled upwards.

Involuntarily, I breathed him in, he smelt of mildew and a hint of soap. My eyes drooped as I was intoxicated by his scent.

A cough whooped out of the hunhan couple who both had identical knowing smirks embedded on their faces. I gave a short eye roll and pulled out of Yixing’s semi-awkward hug.

“Sheh-Sheh.” Yixing so grateful and happy unconsciously slipped back to his native Mandarin.

“N-no, problem” A wide, stupid grin appeared on my face as I was still breathing in the euphoria of our hug.

Yixing glanced at the clock over head, “Oh, I got to go meet up with Tao.”

“Wae?” The other Chinese male questioned.

“Just cause…”

“Just cause what?”  Luhan probed.

“Just… Kris stuff.”

We all gave an understanding nod. Kris and Tao were, well, no one knew what they really were. Lovers, -buddies, enemies. They never actually gave a specific answer to what the nature of their relationship was.

Hell, I was pretty sure they didn’t even know. But, for the past few weeks they had been avoiding each other like the plaque.

Xing, began to pack his discarded textbooks back in to his backpack. And with a 90-degree bow and some good-byes he was gone.

The moment he stepped out of my line of vision, Luhan pounced upon me “Are you serious Joon?!”

I didn’t bother answer since it was made clear it was a rhetorical question.

“Yeobo, quite down, people are watching.” Sehun pleaded with his older lover.

True to his word a few pair of eyes were trained on our small trio in the back corner of the library. My cheeks heated up at the unwanted attention.

“Does it look like I care?!” It was apparent he did not.

 As soon as Luhan’s  anger attention was placed back to me, Sehun slowly lowered himself even more in to his chair, to somewhat hide himself away from Luhan’s fury. Lucky him.

“You lied to him, Joonmyun.”

“… Well, not really…” I responded.

“How dumb are you?” My anger began to quicken at Luhan’s blunt retort.

“You don’t have to call me names, Lu. I’ll just get the tickets online, or something.” A little bit in my tone.

Luhan groaned, “Joon, this is EXO! EXO! The tickets were sold out the minute they came out.”

As Luhan continued to speak my plan to impress and win over Yixing began to crumble right in front of my face.

Sehun noticed the angst made evident on my face and try to waver Luhan’s attention from me to him.

“Hyung~” Sehun called to Luhan

“WHAT!!”

I bit back a laugh at Sehun’s face which was usually emotionless and gave him a ‘blazed’ out look, which could not hide the fear upon it from Luhan’s reaction.

“Hyung~, Sehunnie~ wants some bubba tea~”

Luhan gave Sehun a blank look at his obvious aegyo attempt, which I had to admit could give Tao a run for his money.

“… Uh. A-alright. Let’s go to the cafeteria and get you some bubble tea.” Luhan responded still shaken up by Sehun’s aegyo. All anger gone.

I gave a small smile, even though Sehun was not the emotionally supportive type like Baekhyun or Kyungsoo, sometimes he just knew what to do.

I watched the Hunhan couple walk away hand-in-hand, I felt a soft flutter in the depth of my stomach. I instantly knew what it was it was the ever present green-eyed monster. Oh, how I wished it to be Yixing and I in the same position.

Unintentionally, I began to pout; with only minimal to no contact how was that to happen?

I mean this was actually our first time having an in depth conversation, not including minor awkward chitchat at the lunch table, or the useless 21 questions we continued to play with each other to fill in the silence.

But, when Xing finds out I was lying I knew he would kick me to the curb.

“Omo, did you hear EXO is finally having a concert in Busan.” Luhan stated

I watched Yixing’s face light up the small indent in his cheek made its brief appearance. “Really?! Too bad I don’t have tickets.”

As soon as I heard the dejected sound in his voice, my damn mouth went off. “I have tickets, we could go together… I-if you want to… Or you could go by yourself its cool.”

Ugh!! Why would I say something so stupid and obviously a lie?

The bell overhead gave out a loud chime and the cascade of students began for the door. I packed my books and followed the herd.