Chapter 04

Temptation

Luna woke up wrapped in something warm, feeling secure and like she was in her place. She opened her eyes and faced Jonghyun’s features. For a second she smiled, but after the blur left her mind she suddenly sat in the bed, pushing the boy away. With this Jonghyun woke up and panicked he covered , seeing that the girl is about to shout at him.

“Please, don’t shout!” he whispered and looked pleading at the girl. Luna glared at him but she still nodded.

“Why are you here?” the girl asked sternly.

“What do you mean?” the boy’s look was somehow sorrowful.

“In my room, in my bed!” she hissed.

“You don’t remember?”

“I invited you guys over, but I don’t remember allowing you to sleep in my room!” said Luna and hit Jonghyun with the pillow, pushing him away. He grabbed her hands and looked at her with anger.

“You seriously don’t remember what happened?!” his voice rose and his eyes were somehow fearful and this totally freaked Luna.

“N-no.” she shuttered and tried to back off but Jong’s grip on her was firm. He pushed her down on the bed and kissed her roughly. At first the brunette refused, she tried pushing Jonghyun off, but after a little she gave in, kissing the brown haired boy back. Luna had no idea how long was he kissing her, but when he pulled back she realized that both of them were out of breath.

“It won’t be fair of only I remembered.” He whispered, leaning his forehead against hers. “You kissed me, I kissed back… later you fall asleep cuddling in me, but before that you asked me to stay… and I stayed.”

“Why didn’t you push me back? You have girlfriend! Why would you kiss me?!” Luna’s eyes were tearing, thinking of her own weakness. Why did she get  ? Why did she let herself to her weakness? She was angry at herself for being so weak, for being so stupid.

“Last night… I don’t know, maybe I was a little drunk too… As for today – ‘coz it was not going to be fair if only I felt guilty about what happened.” He sat up, looking at the clock on the bedside of Luna’s bed. “Come, the others are not up yet, I can bet on that.” Jonghyun stood and went to the door. “What happened last night and today will be our little secret, right?”

“The others will ask you where you slept.”

“I will cover it up, don’t worry. Now get dressed and come to the kitchen. We will do the breakfast, how does it sound?” Jonghyun smiled as if nothing happened a few moments ago. Luna just nodded and waited him to get out so she can get dressed.

As soon as he got out she started crying. Was it because she felt guilty towards Seunghyun, or was it because she was hurt by Jonghyun’s indifference? She had no idea, but she was hurt…

 

The moment he got out of the room and closed the door behind him he ruffled his hair furiously. What the hell was he thinking?! Kissing her like that, out of the blue. Couldn’t he let it slip that she didn’t remember last night? And he was not that drunk when he did it... Or was he angry that she felt nothing towards him?... Remembering how she asked him what he was doing there next to her with so much anger in her eyes, his heat started stinging again… She loved her boyfriend; he was supposed to love his girlfriend, then why? Why did he want Luna next to him? Why he didn’t even think once of Se Kyung for the last 12 hours… Jonghyun sighed heavily and headed to the kitchen, but on the way to it he saw a black card in front of the door. He went to pick it up, curious, and looked it up. It was simple black card with silver writings.

Every rose will someday wit.” Mumbled Jonghyun looking questioningly at the card. But before he can even assimilate the words someone grabbed the card from him. He looked back and saw Luna frowning at the card and ripping it off, and then she pushed him aside to open the front door. Both of them saw one huge bouquet of roses on the floor, but not any kind of roses – witted ones.

“What the…?” he stared in disbelieve.

“I receive them every 25th day of the month. The last two times there was even banging on the door.” The girl explained grabbing the bouquet from the floor and heading to the kitchen where she threw it in the trash.

“Doesn’t your manager know?”

“She does, but she can’t do anything about it. They can’t catch the culprit, even with the cameras. He or she is always wearing hoods that cover the entire face. And I don’t want some 24/7 bodyguards that guard the apartment building and check everyone who enters… It will be disturbing for the neighbors.” Luna sat at one of the chairs and rubbed her temples. “That’s why I invited you guys here last night. I was scared of being alone.”

Without thinking Jonghyun went and hugged her tight, resting his head on top of hers.

“If you need someone on days like these and there’s no one else around you can always call me. I will come as soon as possible. I promise.” He looked her in the eyes and rubbed her cheeks with his thumbs. “You got it?” the girl nodded and smiled meekly… Ok, so maybe he liked her. But he will never approach her again as something more that a friend. He saw how it ended just a few minutes ago.

Yea, fate really was telling something to Jonghyun, but it wasn’t that he should steal her away, it was that he will struggle between wanting her and loving Se Kyung. He had no idea what to do, so he will stay like this – being Luna’s friend.

 

Receiving those witted rose again was really terrible, but this time she wasn’t alone, and he told her that he will be next to her if she was alone when something like this happens again.

She lightened up in no time and both of them started preparing the breakfast. It was nice him being next to her. They would goof around, and unlike with Key, she could loosen up now and play more around while cooking.

A little after Jonghyun poked Luna while she was scrambling the eggs and she shrieked, Minho and Key got in the kitchen having pleased looks on their faces.

“Someone didn’t sleep in his room last night?” teased Key sending a smirk at Jonghyun.

“Yea, I slept on the couch. I was afraid of coming onto you guys and ruining your fun.” Jonghyun said returning a mocking smile to Key, who blushed from rage.

“YAH!” he yelled and started heading towards Jonghyun, when Luna got in his way handing him a plate of omelet.

“Kibum-oppa, here is you breakfast. Please enjoy it.” she smiled cheerfully, yet again saving Jonghyun from trouble. The brunette turned around and saw Jonghyun smiling gratefully at her. Luna said nothing, and just continued preparing Minho’s breakfast.

This was one nice morning in her star-like life.

 

------------Two weeks later------------

 

It was the morning of 11th February. Luna had just gotten up from her bed, cursing and grunting she had work. She has stayed all night long to chat with Kibum. The boy was really friendly and chatty, but this was so not in her favor for the past few days. And he was gossip queen – she by no means should forget about this. But he hated people gossiping about him. Ironic, huh?

Luna looked at the calendar on her desk and sighed. This was the second week that TOP was gone. He firstly said it was going to be one week, but in the end it turned to being two.

The ex-brunette, now blonde, came out of the bathroom and was just about to plop on the couch, when the doorbell rang. Luna headed that way, thinking it might be her manager, who she was waiting for, but just in case she looked out of the spy-eye on the door.

“W-who is it?” her shaking voice came when she saw a hooded figure in front the door.

“Yah! Sunyoung-ah. It’s me.” The voice came and there was just no way Luna will not recognize him.

She opened the door and hung on the boy’s neck.

“Oppa~!”

 

Jonghyun has being lazy, lying all day on the couch and starring at his phone. Se Kyung was on a shooting for the last 2 days and his hyungs were on schedule. Yea, Minho, Key and Taemin were home, but they were playing some boring video game.

“Call her, Dino.” Said Key, who apparently was not playing now and was staring at his friend.

“Call who?” Jonghyun asked and Key grumbled at the question.

“You know who. I talked to her last night and as I found out you only texted each other a few times.” Hearing this made Jonghyun turn around and show Key his back while he tried ignoring the boy, and the other two chuckling.  How he hated the so curious Key who had to know everything. Yea they texted each other a few times and it went something like:

“R u free?”

“at the moment.”

“wanna talk a lil?”

“Sure. How u’ve been doin?”

“fine, Key n Minho are a bother >.<”

“-chuckle- Key bothers me too – he keeps me up all night.”

“I will hide his phone then.”

“that will be great”

And it ended like that, because Jong had no idea what to say next. He wanted to get close to her, but he had no idea how to.

“Kim Jonghyun, don’t you dare ignore me!” Kibum raised his voice, and Jonghyun could just imagine him standing behind him with his hands on his waist. The boy chuckled at the image in his head and received a slam on the head.

“That was not nice, Kibum.” The puppy boy whined.

“I don’t get you.”

“No one asked you to.”

“Hyung, I don’t get you too.” Minho said from behind, obviously putting the game on pause.

“Me neither.” Said Taemin and everyone looked at him. “Come on, you guys thought me and Onew had no idea? That’s stupid – we live together, remember? Jonghyun-hyung, you just have to decide what you want.” The maknae pouted a little trying to still act innocent, or he just did that out of habit, anyway – it was not that easy.

“No one gets it, so don’t put your noses in my business. Be the flies on the wall or something, just don’t interfere.” Mumbled the shortest of the group and turned around again. And he was sure Key was going to say something if it wasn’t for his mobile ringing. Jonghyun turned around and grabbed his phone, picking it up in the process.

“Yea?”

“Hey, babe! What are you doing?”

“Being lazy.”

“Oh… I called to hear you. I miss you.”

“Yea… me too.” He kind couldn’t reply with the same words… did he miss her?

He heard Key scoffing and walking away as Jonghyun continued talking with his girlfriend.

 

TOP picked up Luna and carried her into the apartment never stopping kissing her.

“I missed you.” He muttered in between kisses and Luna smiled responding the same. When they broke apart Luna removed Seunghyun’s hood and gasped.

“Your hair is white!”

“Yours is blonde.” The guy responded with a cool smile.

“Smarty… Why white… you look like some grandpa.” The girl pouted, never removing her hands from TOP’s neck.

“The concept, babe. Oh, yea – you have a day free.”

“No, I don’t… Actually it’s packed.”

“Yea - with me. I reserved you for the whole day, honey.” Luna squeaked and jumped on TOP wrapping her legs around his waist and kissing him deeply. He started walking to her bedroom when she stopped him.

“Not there…” the girl murmured before getting off of her boyfriend.

“You said you missed me.”

“Yes, I did miss you, but why should everything connect to going in bed with me…” she pouted and crossed her arms. “Do you love me only for that?” Ok, the issue here was not whether they will do it or not it was the fact that Jonghyun kissed her in there… and she felt… something about it.

“No! Aish, Sunyoung! I haven’t seen you in two week and you want to have a quarrel?! I have to head to Japan tomorrow and on 15th we will fly to Las Vegas, and I won’t see you for another 2 weeks and you want to fight?!”

“What?! You’re leaving tomorrow?”

“Yes.”

Luna was left with no words. Now she was feeling kind of guilty and she looked down. Not long after two hands wrapped around her waist and pulled her closer, she felt someone’s chin rest on her head and she remembered Jonghyun on that day… Damn it! Why that guy again?!

“Hey. I’m sorry.”

“Don’t worry about it.” she murmured burring her head in his chest.

“How about…” TOP looked at her and smiled lovingly cupping her cheeks. “We watch a movie and cuddle and then sleep next to each other. No stuff today.” Luna nodded and the couple headed to the couch to watch some movie.

-------

The blond girl was lying in her bed, cuddled up with her boyfriend but in her mind what she thought of was Jonghyun – how she felt in his arms, about that morning, about his promise, that for a moment she thought she would need… suddenly her phone buzzed and she reached for it. She had a text from the same guy she thought about.

“Sunyoung… who is it?” mumbled Seunghyun squinting his eyes a bit.

“Oh, it’s… Kibum. I will talk with him for awhile and I will come back.” She had no idea why she lied, but she did it. She gave a peck on TOP’s lips and headed to the living room where she flopped on the couch and read her message.

“Sleeping?”

She replied with a “No.” and waited for the next message to come.

“Why are you up so late?”

“I couldn’t fall asleep – you?”

“Same. Will TOP be back?”

“He’s here sleeping, but he is leaving tomorrow.”

“I envy him.”

Luna stared for about 3 minutes at the message. What did he mean? She was reading too much into it, right? Before she could figure a smart reply her phone buzzed again.

“Did you fall asleep?”

“No, I went to grab a glass of water. Why do you envy him?”

The reply didn’t come long after.

“He can be with his girl. Se Kyung is out of town for a week.”

“Poor you, I know how you feel.”

“What are you doing on 14th?”

“Sulking at home. What else.”

“Go out with me?”

 

 

 

-----------------------------------

Another chapter written! YAY!

Thank my friend for giving me the best present and bringing me in a good mood :D

(for the ones who wonder what the present is --> IT'S JONGHYUN'S PHOTOBOOK!)

 

Anyway how do you guys find the story? Is it too predictable =/ or plain? Or something XD

Please tell me?