Carpe Diem

The Girl With the Angel Wings (Hiatus)

While Mango was on sick leave for the week she had to really take things easy. She even started taking slow paced yoga with elderly people for the time being to keep her relaxed and steady her heart. But she started feeling restless, all alone in her loft. So, she finally took out her phone and dialed.

   "Hello?" 

   "Seungri, hey," Mango said kind of awkwardly into her phone as she walked down the stairs slowly from her yoga class, her mat under the arm that wasn't holding her phone. "Do you remember last week when you asked if I wanted to get coffee?"

   Seungri paused for a few seconds, thinking about what he had said. "Oh yeah, I remember."

   "Does that offer still stand?" Mango asked hopefully. 

   "Of course, noona!" 

   "Great! Where are you now? Are you busy?" Mango unlocked her car door and tossed her mat into the backseat.

   "We're just finishing up morning practice. Want to meet at the cafe near the studio?" I could hear the others shouting and being rowdy in the background. Taeyang asked who Seungri was talking to. GD said that he was probably talking to his gay lover. Daesung laughed the hardest out of them all. 

   "Yeah that's fine. Tell everyone hi. Oh, and tell them I'm Dan your gay lover," Mango smiled as she brought her car to life.

   "Shut up, hyungs, it's Mango noona," Seungri shouted at them. Before he hung up Mango heard the many shoutings from the guys trying to get her to hear them. 

   Mango just laughed and tossed her phone onto the passenger seat as she pulled out of the yoga studio's tiny parking lot.

 

 

   Mango ordered a latte once she got inside the cafe and watched people talk casually around her. She didn't mind sitting in public places alone. She liked to people watch. When the door above the cafe door jingled, signalling a new customer, Mango looked up to see Seungri standing there in the doorway. He had on thick, dark sunglasses, a dark hoodie with the hood up over his head, and a hat over the hood. 

   Mango waved him down. He smiled at her and made his way over to her. "Hey you! It's been awhile," Seungri said when he sat down across from her in the booth. 

   "It's only been a week," Mango told him, raising her eyebrow.

   "Ah, well anyway I still missed seeing you," he said  with a cheeky smile. The waitress took his order next, looking at him strangely with his sunglasses still on inside. Mango stifled a chuckle at the look the girl gave him.

   "You think she knew it was me?" he asked.

      Mango shrugged. "I'm not sure."
   When his coffee came, they both sipped and talked.
   "So, what did you want to talk about?" Seungri asked, taking a drink from his mug.
   Mango sighed and looked down into her mug. "I...what...what do you think about dating within the company?" she asked a bit quietly. 
   Seungri was caught by surprise by her question, choking a little on his drink, coughing aloud. "Excuse me...what?"
   Mango kind of chuckled. "Like...I don't know...one of the hair stylists dating one of you guys. Would that be totally weird and unprofessional?"
   Seungri furrowed his brows. "Are we really talking about one of the hair stylists or are we talking about a certain head stylist of the company?"
   Mango laughed aloud again. "Uh, you really cut to the chase don't you?" She looked at him and nodded. "This is about me, you're right about that."
   "Sorry noona, I don't think I can date a girl my hyung likes." As soon as the words came out of his mouth, he wished he hadn't said it. He quickly shut himself up by putting his cup to his lips.
   Mango's brows shot up. "Hyung? Which hyung?" she demanded.
   Seungri shook his head. "I can' tell you. I was sworn to secrecy." 
   "Oh come on, you basically already spilled the beans. You just have to give me a name."
   "Uh-uh," he shook his head.
   Mango batted her lashes. "But Seungri, I'm dying.
   The word made him flinch. He groaned. "Alright, Top hying is gonna kill me-"
   "Wait," Mango interrupted him. "It's Seunghyun?" Her heart fluttered a bit, making her jump. But it wasn't her condition that made it do that. When he kissed her, she had only thought he was trying to take advantage of her, not because he actually liked her. She had to be honest to herself, she did have some feelings for him. "Are you sure?"
   Seungri scoffed. "Uh yeah, he only talks about you all the time. 'When is Mango noona coming back?', 'Maybe I should visit Mango noona', 'What do you think Mango noona thinks of me?', 'Didn't Mango look beautiful today?' These are all legit quotes from Seunghyun hyung. You can ask any of the other hyungs. He's a love struck puppy, noona. You've got him wrapped around your tiny little finger."
   Mango looked down at her lap, smiling to herself. Maybe we could... But a sour thought popped into her mind. Falling hard for him, and then dying, leaving him here crushed and feeling helpless. She suddenly felt a tear trickle down her cheek. She wiped it quickly before looking up again. "Seungri, I can't do something like this. I can't make a person fall in love with me like this. It's so messed up."
   "But noona, you can't let this disease keep you from at least trying to find happiness. You can't spend your last days alone and wondering 'what if?'? And as for wondering if it would be unprofessional, screw being professional. You have to live your life the way you want to, not how the company tells you to. Plus, I'm sure YG wouldn't mind. He loves you way more than us, and probably anyone else that works for him. You just have a way of making everyone fall for you, Mango." Seungri smirked, but for once he looked sincere.
   Mango reached out and took Seungri's hand, gripping it tight. "I owe you so much. You're the first friend I made here, and the best."
   Seungri smiled sweetly. "Don't tell Jin that, she'd probably kill me."
   Mango cringed. "Yeah, you're probably right. She's such a sweet girl, but she can be a bit abrasive at times..."
   They left the cafe together and walked to Mango's car. "Is someone here to pick you up or did you drive your car?" Mango asked, digging her keys out of her purse.
   "I drove. I didn't want anyone getting suspicious of me."
   "Ah, that's right. A chauffeur driving a big black Range Rover with a good looking guy in the back would cause some suspicious." Mango smiled up at him when he laughed. "Well, I'll see you when I get back to work. Call or text me if you find out anything more about Seunghyun's feelings about me."
   "You got it, noona! I will be your cupid!" He brought her into a tight hug and only released her when she squeaked, needing much needed air. "Sorry, about that..."
   Mango chuckled and got into her car. She watched him walk to his car, and when he got in she finally took off herself. She needed some alone time to think. Should she give in to her romantic needs, or should she do what she knows is right and spare the both of them the pain and suffering? Then again, why would she try to deny herself only a little bit of love in her life? 
 
 
   Mango sighed, lying on her side on her bed, Miso laying his big head over her hip next to her. She made a vow to herself that she would not thwart her own pursuit of happiness. She would tell Top about her predicament, and if he accepted her then they would play it out till the end. If not, she would be sparing him the heartache anyway.
   She knew she had to at least try. 

Well, now that I'm done with the busiest part of the school year I have a bit more time on my hands! Especially now. I just got my wisdom teeth taken out and now I have nothing but spare time -_- Well, for two days at least...

This chapter was a bit short, I'll admit that, but this little bit seemed like enough for this chapter. Hopefully there will be more in the next chapter. Until then, continue to read and support this story! It is far from over, that's for sure!

AND DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE, THANK YOUUUUU <3333