The Truth

The Girl With the Angel Wings (Hiatus)

 

Mango's stomach was killing her halfway through the shooting of the music video. Her own words haunted her as she bit her lip and tried to fight through the pain. What was the worst that could happen? Che, yeah right. Only this would happen to her. Going through pain at the worst possible time. She knew this medication was no good.

   "Mango? You feeling ok?" 

   Mango turned to see one of her assistants handing her a paper cup of cold water. The look on her face seemed worried. Mango nodded. "I feel fine. I just haven't really eaten today, so my stomach is acting up a bit."

   Her assistant nodded and gave a quick smile. "I, uh, like what you did to TOP-ssi's hair. I think natural looks better on him. I'm also in LOVE with the clothes. Such a good idea and theme." The red spikey haired, spunky young girl looked at Mango with an admiration that would only be given to someone they wish to soon become.

   Mango gave a convincing smile. "Thanks. The idea just came to me, ya' know? Sometimes you just imagine what something will look like and have a gut feeling that it'll look good. It's what all great artists have."

   The girl stared in awe. "Y-Yeah, totally! I feel that..." She continued to steal glances Mango's way throughout the shoot, thinking she wouldn't catch her and think her odd. But she did know, and she didn't find it that odd. She was flattered. She's always wanted an apprentice. 

   As Mango sat back and watched Big Bang shoot their music video- at the statue breaking part- she felt the nauseating gurgle of her stomach start to roll up her esophagus. In the middle of taking a drink of her water, the bile started rising, and she immediately coughed, making some water drip onto her chin. Her hand came to and sealed it tightly. 

   "Mango?" The spikey red head, Jin was her name, asked worrisome, sitting next to her. 

   Mango closed her eyes and shook her head, more bile rising and starting to flood . She rose and sprinted to the door that led outside. She fell on all fours in front of an area of grass surrounding the building and let her body expel the acidic waste.

   The door swung open, but Mango didn't look up to see who was standing there. She was too busy still puking. Once she thought she was done, she closed her eyes, panting, and waved the person away. "Jin, go. I'm fine, I promise." She said weakly. She sat back on her heels and wiped with her arm. She swallowed, the bitter, acidic taste would be hard to wash out. 

   "No you're not." 

   Mango opened her eyes and looked up. TOP stood there in his costume and looked down at her with concern. They both looked at each other in silence for awhile. 

   "I just...took something on an empty stomach." Mango confessed and stood up. TOP grabbed her arm and helped her onto her feet. Once she was balanced, she jerked away and wiped again just to be certain. 

   "You should go home. You aren't feeling good." TOP said, his lips pressing into a hard line.

   Mango shook her head rigidly. "No. No, I can't. This is my first day on a music video shoot, I'm not missing it just because of this. It'll pass once I get something in me." She thought about the next time she'll be able to eat, which would be after filming for the day. Which won't be until probably midnight. She moaned and doubled over, dry heaving, only a tablespoon amount of bile spilling out despite all of the effort. 

   TOP rubbed her back and held her hand. "I'm sure Jin would be happy to take over for the day for you. She's absolutely in love with you, she'd probably cry."

   Mango stood up straight, still panting a little. "I said no. Look, I don't tell you how to rap or act, so don't tell me how to do my job, alright? Jin is an assistant, she's not taking over my job yet." She said through her teeth, a little vomit droplet sitting on her chin.

   TOP sighed and wiped the excess bile from her chin with the sleeve of his trench coat. Mango blushed and furrowed her brow. "Don't do that, you'll ruin the coat that I carefully picked out!"

   TOP shook his head. "It'll be fine. You on the other hand..."

   "Will also be fine." Mango interrupted, walking past him and back into the cool building. "Go back  to filming. I'll be watching."

   TOP didn't argue. He went back to the set as Mango took her seat again, taking her cup from Jin and taking a long drink of water.

   Jin looked at her with wide eyes. "Mango-ah, where did you go?"

   Mango glared at Jin from the corner of her eye. "Don't ask." This made Jin swallow hard and think about whether talking to her more would be a good idea.

   After a couple of hours of filming, Mango running up to the members and touching up their hair and make up, she found herself feeling tired and weak from lack of sustenance. Every few minutes, Jin would steal glances her way, brows knitted with worry. 

   Maybe I should just tell her what's going on, Mango thought, rolling her eyes at her assistant. After all, she will be at my beck and call, and if I go down one day she'll probably need to know what's wrong with me. So she straightened up, breathed in deeply, and turned to Jin.

   "Jin," Mango spoke.

   The young woman turned with a little surprise that she actually called her. "Yes, Mango?"

   "I need to talk with you for a second. Come with me," Mango turned and walked over to a corner of the set that no one would hear them. Jin followed, her brows still knit with curiosity.

   "What do we need to talk about?" Jin asked with soft worry.

   Mango sighed and crossed her arms in front of her. "What I'm about to tell you is very serious. Nobody knows about it but YG, and I want to keep it that way. I'm entrusting with you a big secret. First you have to promise me that you won't tell a soul." 

   Jin's brows raised. "Yeah, of course, I promise."

   Mango swallowed and looked down for a bit. "I...I have this...disease. And it's very serious. It's called Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Cardiomyopathy, or just ARVC. It affects the way my heart works, making it hard for my heart to beat normally." Mango paused to see Jin's reaction to all of this. Her eyes were wide and her face was still. She listened very intently. "Anyway, this causes me to faint easily and become light headed most of the time. I take medication to help regulate my heart beat and help with the discomfort. 

   I need you to know this because we're going to be very close in working together. If by any chance I black out on the job, I need you to contact YG then take over the job. Don't contact anyone else. YG will know what to do." Mango stressed that last part. It was very important that Jin not try to contact anyone else. YG had the number to her doctor, and if somebody didn't get in contact with YG soon enough, she could die right there. "Jin," Mango repeated when her assistant didn't reply back.

   Jin nodded back finally. "Ok...ok. I understand. I will only contact YG by any chance you need medical help." Mango nodded and this assured Jin. But Jin still wasn't sure with all of this. "So...you have a life threatening disease...and you're just going to keep it from everyone? Just like that? But what if...you know..."

   Mango knew exactly what Jin was implying. "If I die suddenly in the near future?" Jin winced at Mango's very blasé way of putting it. But she was quite ok with saying it. Mango lived most of her life with people saying that she would die young. She knew she was going to die because of her disease, so why try and sugar coat it? Might as well accept it as it is. "If I die, I die. I suppose you'll take over my job and you'll get your own assistant. You'll all move on because Big Bang is a very famous idol group that can't be stopped just because someone from their crew dies." 

   Mango could see that Jin was on the verge of tears. She sighed inwardly. "And if I don't die, then I go on working with you guys and living to serve the lovely gentlemen of Big Bang and even the beautiful ladies of 2NE1. So, what do you say, Jin? Would you care to work alongside with a dying person, as my dying wish?"

   Jin's eyes welled up with tears that threatened to spill over any second. Oh God...Mango thought as Jin pulled her in for a tight hug. "Of course! We-ere g-going to b-be bestfrie-ends!" Jin choked out between sobs.

   "Cut it out, Jin! I don't want people to stare..."

 


 

To be honest I'm just getting lazy.

 

Oh, and for those of you wondering, here's just an idea of what Jin looks like:

 

(Yes, this is a boy in the picture, but I want Jin to be very tomboyish, and this boy just so happens to be pretty :P)