Chapter 5: He’s Back for Real

"IF HE COMES BACK"

 


I did not respond. I was still in shock.

“Ahnna… did you miss me?” He repeated.

“H-huh?” I uttered.

“I’m asking you if you miss me. Two years has been a long time, isn’t it?” He said casually.

“Onew ya!” I yelled.

“Hahaha. You’re still the same Ahnna..that’s why~”

“And who told you to fool me that way!” I sat beside him and hit him hardly on the arm.

“Hahaha. You’re so gullible baby. Haha. You’ve really thought that I totally forgot everything about you?” He said with a smirk developing on his face.

“Ya! You acted so well. I really thought you didn’t recognize me.”

“Haha. That’s why you also acted as if you don’t know me! Hahaha.”

“Oh yeah of course. I don’t wanna be embarrassed in front of them. Does Yina know about it? About uh..us?” I asked.

“No. She doesn’t have a single idea that we know each other. Unless you told her about your bestfriend who left you 2 years ago…”

“I thought..I thought you’re not gonna come back…”

“Well, I just did. And this time it’s for good.”

“B-but why?” I asked hesitantly.

“Are you not happy to see me?” He changed the topic.

“Answer me.” I said. Straight face.

“Okay..I’m back to study. I’ll be taking up Photography at Seoul University.” He said.

“Yina and I are studying there..”

“Yeah. Umma and appa told me that Yina studies there. It’s such a small world.”

“…” I did not know what to say. Things happened so fast. Just 2 days ago I was thinking about him and now he’s right in front of me. Am I dreaming? If I am, I don’t want this dream to end. But wait, why did he suddenly come back here? I know he would have a better opportunity in states if he studies there. And even if the cost for studying is much bigger, I know they could afford it. And he’s the only son after all.

“Ya..what are you thinking? You’re staring at me too much. I might melt sooner if you won’y stop that. Hahaha.” He said. I snapped out of those thoughts.

“I’m not looking at you.”

“You’re blushing. Haha.”

“I’m not.”

“Yes, you are.”

“Whatever dork!”

“Hahaha. That’s what I like about you. Haha.”

“Are you not leaving yet? It’s getting late.” I said.

“Aww. Don’t you want to stay with your bestfriend for a little more while?” He’s doing it again. His cute antics that makes me mesmerized ever since.

“Okay! Stay if you want!”

“Haha. I will sleep here.”

“Whaaaaaaaaaat?”

“I will sleep on Yina’s bed. She’s my cousin anyway and we’re close. I think it’s okay.”

“Noooooooooooooo! Did you not see those people outside? Gossips are always around. What will they think of me if they see you going out from here tomorrow?! They would definitely think we did something!” I shouted.

“I don’t care. In states, we don’t care if people are making out in a public place.”

“You’re not in states now. So you can’t make out here.” I said. And oh my what am I saying? Did he just mentioned about making out? Oh no! Erase. Erase. Erase. I don’t wanna remember what happened between us two years ago.

“You’re blushing again.” He smirked.

“Shut up dork! I’ll go to sleep now. Finish your tea and do whatever you want after.” I was a little embarrassed. I haven’t blushed since I got into college. I went to the room and lie down. I closed my eyes but I wasn’t sleeping. I was actually feeling if he’s already in the room.

“I know you’re awake.” He said.

“I’m not.” Oh . Stupid me!

“Hahaha. You really are.” He replied. I the other side of the bed facing Yina’s. he was already there. Believe it or not, we are on the same lying position, facing each other.

“So, what now?” I blurted.

“Tell me something about you. What changed? What happened to you after 2 years when I left?” He’s asking me this? If only he knows how I cried when he left. And now he’s back..for good..but will he still be the same Onew that I knew?

“Nothing much happened.” I said.

“It seems that way but are you not comfortable with me? Not like before?”

“Of course we’re a lot mature now..in a way. But, don’t expect me to act the same as before at this time. HELLO? You just arrived hours ago. Don’t you even have a jetlag?.” Then I closed my eyes. Even if my eyes were closed, I’ve waited for him to respond but I did not hear a word after minutes of waiting.


Onew’s POV


I just looked at her as she closed her eyes. It was still the same. Her face, her eyes, her nose, her hair just grew longer but it did not change a lot.

| After 5 minutes of staring |

“No. Not. Because I saw you.” It was unexpected to see her in the night of my arrival here in Seoul. I do have plans to go to her house where I used to go when we were in highschool. I also want to see her parents. Do they still know me? Now that I’m back, I will make sure that I would spend the most of my entire stay here. I closed my eyes. Then, I fell asleep.