Chapter 11: Together

"IF HE COMES BACK"

 

Many things happened after the night of the prom. Officially, Onew and I became together. When Taemin and Yina got home after they went to somewhere, we told them that we’re officially a couple now. Their reactions were really funny. Their jaw dropped. Haha. A month after that was our Team Building. It was really fun. Yeah. Except for this Victoria who kept on smiling and flirting with my Onew. Good thing Onew is not interested. Hahaha.

Because of busy schedules of Onew’s parents I wasn’t still able to meet them. I know them since highschool but I haven’t seen them since they arrived back here Seoul.

On our 3rd month of being together as a real couple, which is the 14th of December and Onew’s birthday, we went to their house. Taemin and Yina were also there as well as their other relatives. I met his parents again. They were so happy to see me. They treated me like a true member of their family…

“Ahnna, you want this? How about this one?” Auntie kept on entertaining and taking care of me. I felt like it was my birthday and not his.

On the other side of the house were Yina and Taemin. Yina’s parents were also there. They were talking to Taemin. It was her first time to introduce Taemin to her parents but it seems like they were already close and they accepted Taemin as Yina’s boyfriend. They were chatting with each other when Key, Yina’s bubbly cousin interrupted.

“Ya. Yina. Is he your boyfriend?” He asked. Taemin looked at him.

“Yeah. Any problem? By the way, he’s Taemin. And that’s Key, my abnormal cousin. Hahaha.” She introduced them. They shook hands and as they did, Key pulled Taemin up, making him get up from the sofa. What is he doing? Hahaha.

“Ya. Take off your shirt?” He ordered Taemin. CLOSE?

“Ya!!! KIBUM! What are you doing?” Yina yelled. Now, Key’s pulling Taemin’s shirt up.

“HAHAHA. He doesn’t have even a pair of abs! I won the bet! Hahaha!” He’s crazy. He still hasn’t forgotten about their bet. Hahaha.

“Whatever.” Yina said.

“Okay just get ready to be my photographer for a month! Hahaha.” He jumped for joy.

“WHAT! Can you lessen it for just 2 weeks?” She exclaimed.

“NO! Hahaha.” He chuckled.

“You’re such a bad cousin.” Then she chuckled too. Looking at them and listening to their foolish conversations made me smile. Wait what time is it? It’s already 11 pm but everyone’s still up. Singing, dancing, partying. I just watch them. Then Onew grabbed my hand and took me to somewhere. He took me to his room.

“It’s so noisy downstairs. Let’s just stay here until the end of my birthday.” He said. I sat on his bed as he opened the window. On his side table were lots of photo frames. Pictures of him, pictures of me, pictures of us together. Oh. I haven’t given him my gift. I think it’s time to give it to him now. After opening the window, he sat beside me. He smiled when he saw me looking at our pictures. I took out my gift from my bag and gave it to him.

“What’s this?” He smiled.

“My gift.” I smiled. I gave him a letter. I couldn’t think of anything material to give him. He can afford anything he wants so I decided to give him something from the heart. More important than material things. I gave him a letter. A poem I made expressing all my feelings for him.

He opened it and read it silently. I just looked at him while reading. My good-looking bestfriend, my boyfriend, I love him so much…

You are friendly, kind and caring
Sensitive, loyal and understanding
Humorous, fun, secure and true
Always there... yes that's you.

Special, accepting, exciting and wise
Truthful and helpful, with honest brown chinkyeyes
Confiding, forgiving, cheerful and bright
Yes that's you... not one bit of spite.
You're one of a kind, different from others
Generous, charming, but not one that smothers
Optimistic, thoughtful, happy and game
But not just another... in the long chain.
Appreciative, warm and precious like gold
Our friendship won't tarnish or ever grow old
You'll always be there, I know that is true
I'll always be here... always for you.

Hey, birthday love, I think of you
Even ifdaysareboth dark and sunny.
You bring me joy in every thought
My precious, loving honey!

So be my love for all our lives,
And I’ll be your love, too;
Each birthday is another chance
To say, "I love just you!"

Together we are one
A simple phrase to say
Hold me close is nice
And so is I love you
Or how about I'm yours?
Forever would add more depth
But does this even come close
To how I feel with you?
You've stolen my heart
and along with it, my breath
Did you know I can't stop
Ever thinking about you?
Take me, keep me, don't let go
I need you my only one
Listen to my heartbeat
when you're together with me 

I love you more than water,
Ilove you more than air.
And if Icould do anything,
it would be to kiss you.
I wished you believed me,
and wouldn't let us fall apart.
For you are my everything,
and Iwant to be with you 
FOREVER

After reading my gift, he looked at me. There was a long silence.

“Ahnna..” “Onew..”  We uttered at the same time. Funny.

“You go first.” He said.

“You first.” I said.

“Ladies first.” He said.

“Whatever. Haha.” There was a long silence again. My heart is pounding. I could feel it. It’s a bit awkward. The two of us in his room, with the lights out and the cold wind blowing from the open window. Then I could feel his little hands slowly holding mine. Then in just a matter of seconds, he held it up and kissed it. I feel more nervous now. My heart is pounding faster.

“I love you..” He whispered after kissing my hand.

“I love you too..” I replied. Again, we are just looking at each other in silence. I can’t resist it. It’s like my hand automatically cupped his face and when his eyes were completely shut, I kissed him…passionately.

*****

That happened a year ago. I can’t believe we’re together for more than a year now. Each days, weeks, and months that passes, I’m loving him more. He’s still the same Onew from  6 years ago. For more than a year, we had a good relationship. He’s still my bestfriend, my only love. We fight over little things sometimes but Onew is a perfect gentleman. He’s always the one apologizing even though it was my fault. Even though there are little fights and misunderstanding that came along, I’m glad that there are no big hindrances that came. And I hope nothing will come our way…