6th kiss

Kisses From Jiyong

 

It has been several months since Chaerin’s birthday. I haven’t talked to Ji yet, nor did he try anything more on me.

 

I actually feel relieved.

 

I don’t do well during confrontations and I don’t want to assume about him having feelings for me. He might not actually like me and I’d only embarrass myself.  It’s also not because I like him back as more than a friend. I know that he is too important for me to lose over some hormonal glitch, that being the reason why I must be feeling this way or maybe his case too. Damn these teenage hormones! But the most I am afraid of is that he does like me and I don’t know what to do after that.

 

I’m afraid I might hurt him.

 

 

 

 

It was the start of track season. By now, I have already accumulated medals from different events. But the 100 meter dash was still my favorite event.

 

I lined up with the rest of the runners, eyes fierce with determination, fixed on the finish line up ahead.

 

At the sound of the gun, we’re all off and it’s a blur of colors as I fly by. I was getting close but next thing I knew, I twisted my left ankle and felt immense pain as I landed on the field.

 

 

 

 

I know accidents happen but it that I had to lose.

 

I was last to leave the locker room, having spent my time crying in the shower. My eyes must look puffy and red.

 

I was stepping on my left foot gently after bandaging it, not really placing any weight on it. If I walked slowly enough, it’s bearable and would make me reach home before midnight. I was thinking of calling my parents to pick me up when I saw Ji waiting for me outside.

 

One look at me and he knows I’m sad, devastated even. He opens his arms and I walk into them. I’m reminded of the day I got sick and he took care of me.

He’s doing it again for me.

 

His arms were wrapped loosely around me, my hair. He kept on telling me that I was still amazing and there was always a next time. I pressed my face on his chest near his shoulder, relishing this comfort. By doing so, his face slipped between the junction of my shoulder and neck. This close I could feel his every breath fanning my neck. It tickled so I moved and felt his lips graze my neck.

 

It was fleeting but it was enough to unhinge me. A tingling sensation spread from my neck down to my fingers and toes. Ji didn’t seem to mind what just happened.

 

But I did.

 

Damn these teenage hormones!