2nd kiss

Kisses From Jiyong

 

It wasn’t until 4 years after that he did it again.

 

Ji and I have become such good friends especially as he was my next door neighbor. We were practically living in each others houses.

 

We helped each other and supported each other. We tell each other our secrets and dreams. We were bestfriends and we never let what other people say about us bother us.

 

They’ve been teasing us since that incident 4 years ago. 

 

Jiyong and Dara sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G.

 

Real mature I know but most kids in my class now dream of kissing.

 

I don’t.

 

Ever since that cooties incident, I have tried removing it from my mind. Especially as the rumor mill is spurning news that kissing makes you pregnant.

 

I have been hoping Ji wouldn’t get hold of that and try to disprove it. I wouldn’t know what I’d do if he did.

 

But things have a way of happening.

 

 

 

 

I was a member of the school track and field team. My favorite event was the 100 meter dash. I’ve been religiously training all year and I was all set to win the gold for this year.

 

I ran as fast as my legs would carry me, faster than all the girls present. My breath came in little puffs, my hair flying behind me in a pony tail and my feet carried me as if I were flying.

 

It was over in a matter of seconds. I won.

 

The applause was deafening and people came to me to congratulate me. I received lots of hugs and pats on my back for doing well and kisses on the cheek from my family. There was a flurry of people around me clamouring for my attention.

 

Then out of nowhere Ji was in front of me smiling this huge grin looking so proud of me he’d likely burst.

 

And then he kissed me.

 

It was short just like the first one only this time there was more pressure from his soft lips. He seemed surprised that he did so.

 

Did he just kiss me again?

 

I felt that pull in my tummy again and I was suddenly feeling weak.

 

We stood there rather awkwardly. I was still feeling a little weak in the knees and blamed it on all the running I did earlier.

 

He then smiled sheepishly and shrugged his shoulders.

 

“Congratulations. You were amazing!” he said.

 

“Thanks.” I replied, a little confused. I was waiting for him to apologize or explain but he has seemed to have forgotten what he did earlier and I am not one to pry.

 

“No need to thank me. It’s true.” he said.

 

Ji was not big on compliments. In fact, he has never thrown me a compliment before. So if he says I am than maybe I am.

 

“So see you at my house later?” I asked.

 

“Where else will I be?” he replied back, smiling back at me as if I were crazy to think otherwise before going ahead of me.

 

I smiled back at him. Maybe the kiss was just a fluke and it was best that we both ignore it. If he wouldn’t bring it up then neither will I.

 

We are friends. Things won’t change right? He was just very happy for me. There was nothing more to that.

 

But then friends don’t kiss or do they? Are we friends who kiss?

 

Eww. Even in my mind that sounded dirty.

 

Well, at least now, I’m smart enough to know that I wouldn’t get pregnant from a kiss.