To Impress Her

The Way to Winning Seo Joohyun's Heart

Chapter Two: To Impress Her

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Seohyun was confused.

Out of the blue, yesterday night after her schedules, she had gotten a call from Leeteuk, warning her to stay away from Kyuhyun, Yoona, and Yuri at all costs.

When she had asked why, he'd avoided the topic, and simply said that staying away from hem would be best for her.

"Our cute little maknae!"

Seohyun jumped in surprise as Yoona and Yuri  came from behind her and put their arms around her affectionately. The three of them were the only ones left in the dorm and the other members where nowhere to be seen. She pulled their arms off of her and turned around to stare at them suspiciously.

"Unnies...what are you planning?" She demanded. "I heard from Leeteuk-oppa that I should stay away from you two and Kyuhyun-oppa. What's going on?"

Yoona faked a shocked expression. "What? I don't know why Leeteuk-oppa would say something like that! We're not planning anything!"

Seohyun frowned. "Yoona-unnie, your acting doesn't work on me. Tell me the truth."

"Maknae!" Yuri quickly exclaimed. "Aren't you hungry? We'll buy you goguma ice cream!"

Seohyun blinked, completely forgetting about what Leeteuk had said. "Goguma ice cream? Did manager-oppa say it was okay?" 

"It's just the cafe in front of our dorm, so it's fine, he says," Yoona replied excitedly.

Seohyun's eyes lit up. "Okay! Let's go then!"

Yuri and Yoona exchanged a sly smile and put their arms around Seohyun's shoulders, taking her to where Super Junior's "evil" maknae was waiting.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

For the first time in his life, Cho Kyuhyun was genuinely nervous.

​He was fine during his audition at SM. He was fine when he had his first variety show appearance. He was fine when he performed his solo at Super Junior's concert.

​But right now, meeting SNSD's maknae, Seohyun on a date - that fact made him oh-so-very nervous.

​He went in the bathroom multiple times to check if his hair looked alright of if he had gotten anything on his face. The cafe was generally quite small and uncrowded, so no one would really notice them, even if they were from the top idol grops of Korea.

He heard the cafe's door open and turned around in anticipation. Surely enough, there was Seohyun, looking slightly confused.

She walked over to where he sat and took the seat across of him.

"Hi, Kyuhyun-oppa," She greeted him with that sweet smile of hers. "Yoona-unnie and Yuri-unnie say they'll be here in a few minutes."

He smiled back, hoping his heart wouldn't explode from how fast it was beating. "Alright. Is there anything you want to order?"

She cocked her head to the side cutely. "Um...well, I usually get the goguma ice-cream, but I want to try something different this time. What are you having, oppa?"

She stared up at him curiously, with her big, Keroro-like eyes. He swallowed. Dammit! How was it possible for her to be so cute without trying?

"I'm getting the strawberry juice," Kyuhyun answered quickly, avoiding her eyes.

She nodded thoughtfully. "Well, then I think I'll get that too."

Kyuhyun, who knew that Yuri and Yoona weren't going to come, suggested that they order their drinks first and soon, their strawberry juice came.

Seohyun took a gulp of it. "Mmm! It's delicious!"

He grinned in relief. "Really? I was worried that you wouldn't like it."

She took another drink of it, but this time, the strawberry juice got onto her upper lip. Suddenly, the famous scene from Secret Garden popped into Kyuhyun's head. The scene where Ha Jiwon had gotten cream on her upper lip and Hyun Bin, in return, had the cream off her lips with a sudden kiss.

He put a hand on his chest. Okay, me, calm down. What the hell am I thinking of!? I can't reenact that scene with Seohyun! She'd be shocked and think I'm some ert like Teukie-hyung!

He glanced up, his lips unconsciously when he saw that she was oblivious to the strawberry juice on her upper lip. He had to keep his self controlled. Something like this would just scare her away. He was not Hyun Bin and life was not a drama. 

She looked up at him. "Oppa, aren't you going to drink?"

AFDDKFJLSDFDS. Seo Joo Hyun, stop being so damn adorable! THIS is why I hate being alone with you. You're not even my girlfriend yet you do these kinds of things to me.

He thought back to Yoona and Yuri's words.

"You've gotta take action and try to win her over! At this rate, some other guy like Changmin-oppa will take her away."

He clenched his fists. Ugh. Just the thought of someone like Seohyun getting with Changmin mortified him. Sure, Changmin WAS one of his closest friends, but that didn't exactly mean he found him to be good boyfriend material, especially for someone as pure and beautiful as Seohyun.

He HAD to take action. He had to make himself memorable. He had to be the one in Seohyun's mind before she went to sleep.

"Close your eyes," He ordered.

Seohyun blinked. "Huh?"

"Close your eyes," He repeated.

With a slightly confused expression, she obeyed, squeezing her eyes shut.

Kyuhyun let out a nervous sigh, before rising from his seat quietly and reaching over. However, once he got a few inches away from her face, he hesitated. Kissing Seohyun was like corrupting her. Though she was "already" 25, it just felt wrong to steal her first kiss.

Her eyes shot open, shocking him. 

"Oppa, is something wrong? Why are you so close?"

He cleared his throat uncomfortably, quickly brushing a finger over her upper lip, wiping the strawberry juice off.

"You had something on your lip, so I got it off for you," He replied, trying to be calm.

"Oh...," She responded awkwardly. "I could've done it myself, but thank you anyway."

He let out a laugh, hoping to lighten the atmosphere. "Yeah, I was just wiping something off for you. What, did you think I'd steal your first kiss or something?"

She stifled a smile. "Oppa, that's not possible."

Her next words almost caused him to fall out of his seat.

"I've already had my first kiss."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

It was one in the morning when Seungri found his phone suddenly started ringing.

At this hour, he usually would have been out partying at a club or drinking, but these days, oddly enough, he felt somewhat tired of that lifestyle. He used to find it liberating and stress-relieving, but now, all he wanted was to have someone to stay at home with. Someone to talk to. Someone that didn't need to rely on substances to have fun. 

He vaguely remembered the words of his hyungs from a few years back: That he'd get tired of partying soon enough. He'd grow out of it, just like they had. At the time, he had laughed their words off, but now, he realized just how accurate they were. 

He didn't want anymore flings or one-night stands. He wanted sincerity.

It was just that it was too difficult to find. Especially considering his own reputation of fooling around.

"Hello?" He croaked, clearing his throat as he pressed his phone to his ear.

"Hello? Is this Seungri-ssi's cellphone?" 

He blinked, rubbing his eyes. "Yes...who is this?"

There was a deep breath on the other line, before the person - a woman, most likely - started talking again. "This is SNSD's Tiffany. I'm sorry for calling so late, but I got your number from Taecyeon-oppa and I had something I needed to talk to you about."

Well, that snapped him awake.

He quickly sat up. "Oh, er, it's really fine...Tiffany-ssi."

"Just call me noona. I'm older than you anyway," She replied.

He rubbed the back of his head. "Er, okay, Tiffany-noona. If you don't mind me asking, what did you need from me?"

There was a pause on the other end, before Tiffany spoke again. 

"I'll just be upfront and open about this. Are you interested in getting into a relationship right now?" 

He gaped at her blunt question, fumbling over his words as he struggled to find a suitable reply. The truth was yes, he was, but he didn't know her motives for asking a question like that.

"I'm asking because I want to introduce someone to Seohyun, our maknae," She said, as if reading his mind.

Seohyun. He'd met her once on Star Golden Bell, when SNSD were freshly debuted. Then, he'd seen glimpses of her throughout the years at broadcast stations. And his last clear meeting with her was at the 2013 MAMA awards, where he'd pushed her out to dance, more as an impulse to liven the atmosphere during their performance. 

She was undeniably pretty and polite, and he had to admit that, while he liked her plenty as a fan, he wasn't sure if they'd get along. None of his previous girlfriends were anything like her.

He couldn't judge without actually talking to her, but Seohyun truly seemed like a textbook example of a good girl. A girl who would never sneak out late at night or play around in clubs. 

She was too different from him.

"The offer is flattering, but I don't think we'd match," He finally said politely. 

"You wouldn't know without meeting her," Tiffany pointed out. "You're lying if you say that you're not interested."

God, she was perceptive. 

"I..." He paused, thinking that perhaps, meeting Seohyun once couldn't hurt. After all, if she wasn't interested, he'd back off immediately. 

If she did happen to be interested, then maybe, a relationship with her would influence him for the better. No more late night clubbing or drinking. No more fooling around.

Just him and her.

He realized, then, that this was the kind of relationship that he had desperately been aching for. That day after day of having one-night stands with girls he couldn't even remember, he finally wanted someone genuine. Someone he could imagine himself making dinner with and doing something as simple as shopping for groceries. 

The little things that he'd never gotten the chance to do before. 

"Your decision?" Tiffany asked from across the line, breaking him out of his thoughts.

He swallowed.

"I wouldn't mind meeting her once." 

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"You're going to wear this."

"Hyoyeon-noona, no!"

She narrowed her eyes, her hands on her hips. "Yah! You wanted to win Seohyun's heart, right? Then you've gotta make some effort! Wearing this would instantly make her captivated!"

"I wasn't the one that wanted this!" Luhan whimpered. "You did, noona!"

A venemous look entered her eyes. "What was that. Luhan? Did I hear some kind of whining from you?"

Immediately, he straightened up. "Nope! No nonsense at all, Hyoyeon-noona. I'll wear that costume any time, any day to win Seohyun's heart."

She smiled, returning to a happy, bubbly mood. "Good. Now go change into it so I can see."

He held the costume in his hands helplessly, at a loss for what to do. It was a Keroro costume, complete with the head and body, for freaking sakes! How the hell was this supposed to win Seohyun over? He would just look like a fool!

"Noona, it's like 90 degrees outside..."

"Go. Put. It. On."

"Okay..." He mumbled, walking into his room and closing the door behind him. With a sigh, he pulled the Keroro costume over his clothes and came out, his cheeks already burning in embarrassment.

Hyoyeon nodded in approval. "Seohyun would like it. Especially if you came with some goguma ice-cream too."

"I'm pretty sure she isn't dumb enough to fall for someone who goes around wearing a Keroro costume," Luhan said honestly.

"Do you sleep in the same room as her?" Hyoyeon reminded him. "Do you spend time with her just about every day, all day? Don't think so. I know her, Luhan."

"But..but I look like an idiot!" He stuttered. "What if the other members see me like this?" 

As if God were playing a joke on him, at that moment, Kris walked in. He gaped in pure shock for a second, before bursting out into hysterical laughter.

"Oh my god..." He managed out between laughs. "What..what the hell are you wearing!?"

Luhan turned even redder. "Shut up! Hyoyeon-noona is making me wear this! Don't you dare tell the other members!"

"Ha, why should I listen to you?" Kris snorted. "I'm gonna text them-"

"Kris Wu, you better not tell them or I will come after you," Hyoyeon warned, a threatening glint in her eyes. "I'm sure you remember what happened last time you didn't listen to me, right?"

He gulped. "Yes, noona...I won't tell a single soul about this."

Once again, she smiled warmly. "Good. Now, off you go."

The two boys shared a look, shivering at the same time.

Hyoyeon-noona is scary!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Yonghwa-sshi..."

"Changmin-sunbaenim..."

The two men stared at each other darkly. Though there was no "hateful" dialogue between them, both of them knew that they weren't exactly in a friendly relationship. Both of them were aiming to get Seohyun's heart and that wasn't exactly the best relationship to have.

"I enjoyed CN.Blue's comeback song," Changmin said, gritting his teeth. "I hope you guys win."

Yonghwa faked a smile. "Oh, thank you for that. I heard you're following in Yunho-sunbaenim's footsteps and enlisting soon. Good luck with that. I hope you stay healthy in the army."

"You must've heard wrong. I'm not going yet," Changmin answered, forcing a smile back.

"Oh, my mistake then. You wouldn't happen to know what Seohyun's doing, would you?" Yonghwa taunted bravely. "I wanted to have dinner with her and catch up on old times." 

Changmin swallowed back his anger. "I don't know what old times you'd have to catch up on. You filmed a variety show and that's it."

"Fake or not, we still went on more dates than you and her have," Yonghwa shot back. 

Changmin clenched his fists. The nerve of this guy...didn't he know that he was a senior in the music industry?

"You're crossing the line, aren't you, Yonghwa-sshi? I'm still a sunbae to you."

Yonghwa glared into his eyes.

"There are no sunbaes or hoobaes in love. Let's be honest. You like Seohyun and so do I. We're both competing for her heart, so we can't really get along with each other in a friendly manner. I'm serious about her. I don't know about you, but I really want to be by her side, being the man she loves. I will make her fall in love with me."

Changmin glared back. "Oh? Don't be full of yourself, Jung Yonghwa. Do you think you're the only guy that wants her affections? It's not just me and you. There's Jinwoon, Kyuhyun, Leeteuk, Seungri, Kwanghee, Key, Junsu, and Yoseob."

"Would you like to have a competition then?" Yonghwa challenged. "At 7 PM today, both of us will text her, asking her out on a date tomorrow. Whoever she decides to go with is the winner."

Changmin felt fired up. "I'm all for it, since I'm sure she'll agree to go with me. I'm her sunbae and I've been by her side longer than you."

Yonghwa smiled mysteriously.

"That's right. You're just her sunbae. But I can be her man."

Changmin smirked.

"We'll see, huh..."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A/N: Lol, I'm sorry that this update took so long to come out and it ended up being pretty short. xD Well, at least, a good chunk of stuff happens. Seohyun and Kyuhyun have a "date", Kyuhyun finds out that Seohyun HAS had her first kiss (Who will be the lucky guy??? xD), & Changmin and Yonghwa decide to have that competition. I wonder which one she'll go with~ (or if she'll go with either man at all, lol). 

I hope you guys read the author's note because I have a question for you guys this time: Would you mind if the guys that didn't end up with Seohyun, ended up with another SNSD girl? Like another pairing. For example, IF Leeteuk was a main character and Seohyun ended up with him, would you guys like it if I put Kris (if he was another guy) with another SNSD girl in a pairing?

I hope that wasn't too confusing to understand. I think it was, lol. Oh well. Anyway, answer in the comments! ^^ Thanks so much for reading and subscribing! It's amazing that so many people are enjoying this! :D