Unsteady Feelings

The Way to Winning Seo Joohyun's Heart

Chapter Three: Unsteady Feelings

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Y-You've had your first kiss? With who?" Kyuhyun asked in disbelief. He was horrified. Shocked. And just a little bit jealous as well.

Seohyun wasn't the maknae of SMTOWN, but she was always seen as innocent and pure. Every single guy in the company, regardless of whether they were older or younger than her, remained protective over her. Even on variety programs, the older people in the company, like Leeteuk or Yunho, stated that any man who wanted to get close to Seohyun had to get their approval first. People had laughed it off as a joke, but they were dead serious.

"With Kris-oppa," She answered calmly. "We were in a CF together. It wasn't something big. He just pecked me on the lips."

"What kind of stupid CF makes you kiss!?" Kyuhyun demanded. "And why are you so calm about it!?"

Seohyun laughed. "It was a Valentine's day chocolate CF, where I gave Kris-oppa a box of chocolate and he gave me a kiss in return. It's not like we're actually in love with each other. It was all for show, like how actresses kiss actors in dramas."

"You were afraid to kiss Yonghwa on the cheek in WGM!" Kyuhyun reminded her.

"That's...that's different," Seohyun replied timidly. "Kris-oppa and I are just like normal friends, but Yonghwa...I don't know...maybe because he feels more like an actual "man" and he's not from our company, I get awkward around him..."

It took a whole five seconds for this information to sink into Kyuhyun's mind.

"A man? Jung Yonghwa is not a man," Kyuhyun snapped. "Jung Yonghwa has stupidly big eyes, a weird Busan accent that randomly comes out, he can't dance, he seems like the jealous, possessive type, and he's only trying to take advantage of you! And what do you mean, because he's not from our company? There's nothing wrong with the men from SM! You should date from within the company! We have the best looking men in-"

She interrupted his rant with a small smile. "Oppa, calm down. I never said I was in love with him, I just felt my heart flutter a bit. I know I'm being silly because the show was scripted but I couldn't help it."

Kyuhyun swallowed. "Sorry, Seohyun-ah. I didn't mean to sound overbearing." 

Seohyun shook her head. "Oppa, don't apologize. I know you're just looking out for me, like Leeteuk-oppa." 

Ew. Do not compare me to that dirty old man.

At this time, Kyuhyun decided it would be good to ask about the other guys in her life as well. "So, Seohyun, have you been talking to Changmin these days?"

She raised an eyebrow. "Changmin-oppa? Sometimes, we text, but we haven't met since the SMTOWN concert. I've been busy with SNSD's comeback preparations."

"How about Yonghwa? Do you keep in contact with him?"

"Not really," Seohyun replied hesitantly. "After the program ended, he went on a bunch of programs and talked about me, but I think he just said it all for show. Besides, manager-oppa told me to avoid him, in case of scandals."

Kyuhyun smiled in delight. "Oh, I see. Are you close with any of the members of EXO? I mean, Taeyeon is dating one of the members..."

"Well, Kris-oppa is a good friend. Same with Luhan and Jongin," Seohyun replied, before asking. "Is there something wrong, oppa? Why do you keep asking these things?"

"I'm just curious. It's been a long time since I've hung out with you," Kyuhyun chuckled. "You're starting your comeback promotions for Lion Heart as soon as we end ours, so it'll be hard to see you again."

She laughed. "I guess that's true. It's a shame really. I haven't been able to talk with you or Changmin-oppa these days."

Changmin.

The enemy.

The goddamn, gigantic, stupidly muscular enemy.

Just when I thought I was getting an advantage over him for talking to her first...

Kyuhyun struggled to keep the smile on his face. "I thought you still texted him at times..."

"It's still not the same as seeing him in person though," Seohyun responded wistfully. "Changmin-oppa gave me a lot of advice about boys and life problems in general. It's unfortunate, really."

That sly fox. Watch what I do next, Shim Changmin.

"Don't listen to Changmin," Kyuhyun ordered her. "He's doing it because he's in love with you."

The words were out so quickly that he could see the shock register in Seohyun's expression.

"H-huh? What are you talking about? Oppa, that can't-"

"Not only is Changmin in love with you, but so am I."

Crapcrapcrap. Cho Kyuhyun, why did you say that? Are you nuts?

Seohyun only stared back, wide-eyed. "What...what...are you...I don't understand...slow down! You shouldn't joke around with stuff like this!"

"I know you're probably confused and you've only thought of us as normal oppas from before. But both of us have feelings for you. You don't have to reply to me yet. We want to take our times trying to win your heart, Seohyun. You can't determine whether you love us or not right now, without really knowing us. In your mind, we're just friendly oppas, but we want to be more than that," Kyuhyun said sincerely. "I'm begging you, Seohyun."

Cho Kyuhyun, this is the worst thing you've done.

In all honesty, Seohyun was flustered. She didn't know how to respond to an actual confession like this. Kyuhyun and Changmin had been precious, brother-like people to her. She had never really felt her heart beat faster because of them.

But then again, she had never really felt love at all. She knew what 'liking' someone felt like and contrary to what her members thought, she'd had her own crushes here and there, but she'd never understood the depth of 'love.' 

She took a nervous glance at Kyuhyun. "This is a lot for me to take in, oppa. I'm confused and flustered and shocked. I honestly can't respond to you and I'm not sure if I can treat you two the same way anymore..."

"I don't want you to treat me the same way. I'm not sure about Changmin, but I want you to forget all about Kyuhyun-oppa, and start to see me as Cho Kyuhyun, the man," He answered firmly.

Okay, Kyuhyun, that was pretty cool...good job.

Seohyun swallowed. "Oppa, I think I should leave for now. I'll talk to you soon...right now, my mind...isn't thinking straight."

With that, she got up from her seat and left the cafe. As soon as Seohyun was out of his sight, he let out a deep sigh, burying his face into his hands.

He may have acted all confident and whatnot, but in reality, he was scared too. At first, he had just wanted to get some petty revenge on Changmin, but then, it somehow ended up with him confessing his own feelings and trying to persuade her to give him and Changmin a chance.

"Aish, Cho Kyuhyun, at times like this, you really are stupid..." He mumbled to himself.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Meanwhile, outside, Seohyun reached for her phone in her purse, deciding to contact the one person that she thought would have the best advice for her situation.

The leader of her group, Kim Taeyeon.

Though most people believed that Tiffany or Sooyoung would have the best advice in the group, it was actually Taeyeon. Despite being quite introverted, she was very motherly and knew the best way to act in difficult situations. For example, when Hyoyeon had a crush on Wooyoung from 2PM, Taeyeon made sure to try and hook them up, and when it didn't work out, she was the one who comforted Hyoyeon.

"Hello?"

"Unnie, are you busy?" Seohyun asked tentatively.

"I'm...not, actually."

"Would it be alright for me to meet up with you? I kind of have a problem and...I need someone to talk to," Seohyun said shyly.

"You want to meet up? Sure! You know the bakery by the SBS building, right? I'm...buying some stuff there, so just come over!"

"Unnie...your voice sounds kind of nervous. Is there anything wrong?"

"Nothing! Just hurry up, Seohyun"

With those words, she hung up.

Despite being confused, Seohyun shrugged and decided to head over there immediately...

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"A-are you sure that I look fine?"

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "How many times do I have to tell you this, Yonghwa? You look fine!"

He sighed. "Sorry. I'm just making sure! It's been a while since I've actually spoken to her and met up with her like this! Besides, you didn't even tell her that I was going to be here!"

In the past few days, Yonghwa and Taeyeon had become closer friends. Being the same age, they started to speak informally and be more comfortable with each other. Taeyeon realized that Kyuhyun was hurriedly getting ahead of Yonghwa, so she had to think of some way to get him closer to Seohyun.

"I even made a bet with Changmin-sunbaenim!"

THAT caught Taeyeon's attention.

Breaking out of her usual character, she glared at him. "You did what?"

He gave her a sheepish smile. "I don't know why, but I acted like a complete jerk to him. I felt competitive and possessive over Seohyun, so we ended up having a bet. The two of us will text Seohyun at the same time tonight and whoever Seohyun wants to go on a date with, wins.

"Stupid men," Taeyeon muttered. "Them and their stupid competitive spirit..."

"It's not my fault! It's natural for any guy to get competitive with the guy that likes the girl he does!" Yonghwa defended himself.

"Just be glad she's coming here and that you have the chance to meet her. Luhan and Seungri haven't had the chance to see her yet," Taeyeon reminded him.

"Well, I do have her eldest unnie on my side!" Yonghwa remarked, his Busan accent coming out.

Taeyeon couldn't help but grin. She was about to speak again, when her cellphone beeped. She opened it curiously, seeing that there was a text from Seohyun.

Unnie! Hyoyeon-unnie and Sooyoung-unnie dragged me to the practice room! What's going on? :o

"Those two..," Taeyeon sighed tiredly, before bolting out of her seat. "Yonghwa, get up. We're going to SM's practice room. We've gotta hurry, before Luhan and Seohyun end up meeting."

"Wha-"

"Please don't ask! Just hurry!"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Unnies, can't you just tell me what's going on? I'm not going to run off."

"You'll find out soon enough, Seo," Hyoyeon replied, holding on tightly to one of Seohyun's arms, while Sooyoung was grabbing onto the other one.

"We've got a gift for you, Seohyun. It's very special and I'm sure you're going to love it!" Sooyoung said excitedly.

Seohyun grimaced. "Can you two let go of my arms? I promise to not run away. At least, not until you show me the gift that you've prepared."

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes. "Fine...If you run though, Sooyoung and I will pounce on you and throw away all the goguma related products we have at home!"

Sooyoung paused for a second, a frown appearing on her face. "Hey, Seohyun...by any chance, did you contact anyone before we dragged you in here?"

"I told Taeyeon-unnie about you two kidnapping me," Seohyun answered honestly. "Before you two dragged me in here, I was going to go meet her."

"Damn, that midget..."

Hyoyeon's gaze sharpened. "Well, we've gotta hurry up and get this over with, before Taeyeon comes. Keroro, come out!"

From the speakers in the room, TaeTiSeo's Adrenaline began to play and from the back door, Luhan, dressed in a Keroro costume, emerged. As embarrassed as he was, when he saw Seohyun's excited eyes (and Hyoyeon's warning glare), he started to dance to the song.

Seohyun clapped happily. She had no idea who was in that suit, but it was adorable and fun, since the Keroro man was dancing to their sub-group's song.

"Unnie, who is that guy?" Seohyun whispered to Hyoyeon.

Hyoyeon smiled. "I don't know~ All I'll say is, he's someone in our company~"

Confused, Seohyun tried to think of who the guy was. Leeteuk? No, today, he was filming a new episode for Masked Singer. Changmin? But he was supposed to have a schedule today. Kyuhyun? But she'd been with him just moments ago....so then who was it?

"I don't know anyone who would do this, unnie," Seohyun whispered.

"It's the man in your heart," Hyoyeon teased.

"Unnie, don't joke around," Seohyun reprimanded, before her eyes lit up. "Ah! I think I know who it is!"

The song started to fade out and Luhan stopped dancing, out of breath. If it weren't for their threats, he really wouldn't have done something as stupid and exhausting as this...he immediately regretted falling prey to their threats.

Seohyun got out of her seat and approached him with a smile. "Kris-oppa, right?"

His chest oddly ached at her words. It was stupid. He didn't know why he felt so hurt. 

He nodded, for what reason, he didn't know. He wasn't Kris, obviously.

Her smile widened. "So it was you! I was trying to think of who would do this in our company. That was really sweet of you, Kris-oppa. Hyoyeon-unnie probably threatened you, didn't she?"

He nodded once again, avoiding the gaze of the other two girls.

Seohyun giggled. "Thank you for this gift. It was very entertaining. But, aren't you hot with the Keroro costume on? You could at least take the head off..."

He violently shook his head and ran out of the room, nearly tripping from how fast he bolted out of there.

Seohyun was confused at the sudden departure. She turned around to face her unnies. "What's wrong with Kris-oppa?"

Sooyoung could only give her a small, uneasy smile. "I think you just unintentionally hurt someone, Seo..."

"He was actually trying really hard to learn the dance..." Hyoyeon said softly, under her breath. "Maybe this was a mistake on our part..."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Luhan ran.

He ran all the way to the male changing rooms. He nearly tore the Keroro head off and quickly pulled himself out of the body part of the costume.

He was angry. 

He did all of this for nothing. He dressed up as freaking Keroro, learned a ridiculous dance to a TTS song, and even braved the embarrassment of dancing in front of her, yet she thought he was Kris.

He hated himself the most. Why did he nod like an idiot? Why didn't he just tell her that he was not Kris? What was he afraid of? What made him so nervous?

"I don't even like her, dammit..." Luhan cursed under his breath.

He clutched his chest, a bitter look in his eyes. What the hell was wrong with him? He shouldn't be feeling sad about something like this. He wasn't in love with Seohyun and so what if she thought he was Kris? That was fine. Nothing would change, even if she knew that it was actually him in that costume. They were friends.

Would she magically fall in love with him? No.

Did he even want that to happen? No.

He banged his fist against the wall hard.

"Get yourself together..." He muttered. "You only did this because Hyoyeon-noona and Sooyoung-noona forced you to."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Sunny was usually never surprised.

She was not surprised when she found out Hyoyeon had a crush on Wooyoung from 2PM, which she eventually got over when he rejected her.

She was not surprised when Jessica had admitted to secretly liking Taecyeon a little. 

She was not surprised when Taeyeon had even confessed to being in a relationship with Baekhyun of their hoobae group, EXO. 

She was, however, surprised when Kris approached her with a determined look on his face in the MBC building.

"Hey, Kris, what's up? You rarely talk to me," She joked in a friendly tone.

He smiled shortly, before turning serious again. "I have a request of you, noona. I don't know if you'll agree to it, but I really hope you will because my feelings are genuine."

"Gosh, you're making me scared. Is there anything wrong?" She asked.

He shook his head. "Nothing wrong...just...I'm not sure you'll agree to my request..."

"Well, I've gotta hear it first. What is it, Kris?"

He let out a deep breath, staring up at her.

"I would like to be given the chance to pursue Seohyun."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

A/N: I'm not deadddd! Yay! :D Lol. Sorry for not updating recently, I've gone back to school and it's been horrible with the effed up sleeping schedule and load of homework. I've finally gotten around to updating this. Sorry for the long wait, guys. (Just realize, I kinda said the same thing twice. whatever, lol). 

So, lots of things (in my opinion) happened in this chapter. Kyuhyun kinda confesses his (and Changmin's) feelings to Seohyun, Luhan finally performs in the Keroro costume and is starting to get some kind of feeling for Seohyun, and lastly, Kris is also joining in! :D A lot of you guys wanted Kris to join, so I've decided to add him in!

I'm also not going to be making the rest of the SNSD girls end up with the guys that don't get with Seohyun. You guys didn't like it, haha. I WILL, however, have a SNSD girl develop a crush on one of the guys (this doesn't mean she'll end up with him!) Can you guys guess who it is? :3

Thanks for reading guys, and look forward to chapter four, which will be released, I don't know when! Hopefully soon!

UPDATE: all three chapters have been 'fixed'