Finding the Perfect Men

The Way to Winning Seo Joohyun's Heart

Chapter One: Finding the Perfect Men

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Taecyeon-oppa!"

Taecyeon gulped. He recognized that voice. Hastily, he sped up, taking quick glances behind his shoulder to see if she was still following him. Indeed, she was and she was catching up fast, even with her short legs. He started to full out sprint, hoping she would run out of energy and give up, but instead, she continued to run after him.

​He knew what she was after. Every time she approached him, she came with the intent of introducing him to another one of her members. First, it was Yoona, which didn't go too well. Their personalities didn't match very well and things only ended up awkward with a scandal breaking out between them. Then it was Sunny, who had already been dating someone at the time.

After Sunny, was the ice princess, Jessica. Unfortunately, she didn't seem to have much interest in him and the date was basically just her glaring at him. Lastly, he was set up on a date with Yuri, who failed to show up because of a radio broadcast.

Tiffany Hwang was the worst matchmaker on earth. Each time she decided to introduce him to someone new, it never went well.

Never.

​He was better off trying to find a girl on his own, than use her help.

"Tiffany, stop chasing after me!" He yelled in English.

"Oppa, I have something important to tell you!" Tiffany called after him. "I'm not introducing you to one of my members, I promise!"

"Don't lie!"

"It's about Seohyun! I don't want to introduce her to you! I want to hook her up Seungri!"

​That ​made Taecyeon stop running. He spun around, giving her a wide-eyed look. "Seungri? You mean, Big Bang's Seungri?"

"Who else? He seems experienced enough and like he'd know how to take care of her," Tiffany explained breathlessly, tired from the running. "Yuri told me he was a bit of a flirt, but I can fix that. He's experienced enough to help her ease into a relationship and as long as he likes her enough, then I plan on helping him out."

Taecyeon rolled his eyes. "Fany-ah, let Seohyun do what she wants. You can't force her to get a guy. Gradually, she'll mature-"

"She's 25! Not 15!" She snapped at him. "Will you take responsibility for her then?" 

"Okay, slow down there, I just - "

"Anyway, I thought you might have his number," Tiffany interrupted.

"I...I mean, I do," Taecyeon replied dumbly, vaguely recalling a memory of him getting the number at a party. "But are you sure he likes her? What if you're wrong about this?"

Tiffany waved her hand in irritation. "Seungri's not the only guy in the world. If he doesn't work out, I'll find another. Seohyun's attractive enough to get pretty much get any boy group member putty in her hands." 

"Yeah, well she has to like them too," Taecyeon mumbled under his breath.

"What was that?"

"Nothing," Taecyeon quickly said. "I mean...uh...so what do you want me to do? Talk to Seungri myself? Give him your number?"

"I'll talk about it with him, maybe in person if I'm able to," Tiffany answered smoothly. "I wanted to get his number from Yuri or Sooyoung, but they both refused to give it to me. You're my last resource, oppa." 

"Maybe in person? Are you crazy? Do you want another scandal?"  Taecyeon reminded her in worry, referring to her break-up with Nichkhun - who had frequently been meeting with a familiar f(x) member these days. 

"Well if I start a scandal with him, maybe Seohyun will get jealous," Tiffany said with a shrug, as if the mention of her break-up didn't faze her whatsoever. "Don't worry. I'll be sure to take the necessary precautions. I've been in this industry for almost nine years, oppa, I know that much."

"Tiffany, I don't think this is a good idea," Taecyeon said seriously. "What if Seohyun doesn't fall in love with Seungri? What if she just ends up uncomfortable and hurt?" 

"I want her to step out of her comfort zone for once," Tiffany answered, staring his dead in the eye. "Oppa, Seohyun is so incredibly precious to all eight of us, especially since she's our youngest member. We shower her in affection all the time. Because she's that precious to us, I want her to experience things like relationships, even if she can't meet anyone openly. She's been an idol since she was 17, so she was forced to give things like that up. This late in our career, I don't want her to spend the rest of her 20s continuing that pattern." 

After a long pause, Taecyeon let out a sigh. "I really can't win over you, can I? Fine. I'll text you his number later."

Immediately, the serious mood disappeared and Tiffany gave him one of her signature eye smiles.

"Thanks, oppa! As expected, you're the only one I can rely on!"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"You ​go talk to him!"

"No, you! Why should I?"

"You're the leader! And he used to like you best, remember?"

"What does that have to do with anything? You're the group's energy pill! Go, be social with him!"

Taeyeon and Sunny continued to argue, crouched down behind the stage at Music Bank. They were the special MCS for the day that SNSD had their comeback with Lion Heart and it just so happened that CN.Blue was having their rehearsal at the moment. Remembering Tiffany's proposal from the day before, they had decided to pick her former husband, Yonghwa. He was humorous, kind, and genuinely cared for Seohyun. Even after their WGM episodes were over, he still talked about Seohyun and asked about her when they met him in the hallway at music shows.

"Quick! He's coming down! Go Taeyeon!" Sunny hissed, pushing Taeyeon towards CN.Blue, who was walking down from the stage.

​Yonghwa gave her a surprised look. "T-Taeyeon-sshi?"

She laughed nervously. "Ahaha! Yonghwa-sshi! How have you been doing these days? It's been a long time since you and Seohyun have talked, huh..."

​She had meant for that to be a joke, in order to lighten the atmosphere, but instead, a bitter smile crossed Yonghwa's features.

"Yes, we haven't talked in a while," He answered quietly. "After all, we were only a couple for the show, right? That has nothing to do with our real feelings..."

Panicked and out of words to say, Taeyeon quickly gestured for Sunny to come over.

"Ah, Yonghwa-sshi! Nice to see you again! Taeyeon and I are the special MCS for this week so we decided to visit you!" Sunny exclaimed, attempting to be as bright and cheerful as possible.

​Taeyeon swallowed. "Actually, we wanted to speak with you privately for a moment. Do you have the time?"

​Before Yonghwa could reply, Jungshin jumped in. "Yeah, Yonghwa-hyung's free! Our actual performance is in an hour!"

Yonghwa was about to turn and give him a sharp glare, when Taeyeon and Sunny grabbed each of his arms and dragged him down the hallway, to their waiting room. As soon as they got in, the two short girls forced him to sit on the couch.

​Yonghwa put his hands on his chest protectively. "What...what are you trying to do!?"

​The two girls got down on their knees, bowing their heads. "Yonghwa-sshi! No, actually, Seohyunnie's husband! We have a favor to ask you, regarding Seohyun! As you know, the girl has no interest in men whatsoever. It isn't just to you, Yonghwa-sshi, it's to all the boys around her! So can you please try and win her heart, so that she can experience what love is like?"

​The words were blurted out so quickly that Yonghwa was stunned speechless.

​Sunny lifted her head, a pitiful expression on her face. "We want to find her a decent guy that would treat her well and make her happy! Taeyeon and I immediately thought of you as a good candidate! The eight of us were talking about it yesterday and Tiffany suggested Seungri, but he's known to be a flirt! You, on the other hand, actually care for her!" 

"Even after the show ended, I expressed my interest in Seohyun. However, she didn't and ignored all the 'public' confessions I made," Yonghwa reminded them.

"Because she's stupid and dense! That's why!" Sunny yelled. "You know how she is! She doesn't know anything about love! Tons of men around her are in love with her, but she doesn't notice at all. You can't just express interest in her on TV, but in private too. Be extra friendly and loving to her and don't be afraid of fans taking pictures or fancams. That's the only way you can move her heart, Yonghwa-sshi!"

"D-do you really think that?" Yonghwa asked timidly.

Taeyeon, who had been silent, was suddenly slapped on the back by Sunny, prompting her to reply. "Of course we do! Why else would we pick you as the best boyfriend candidate for Seohyun? We observed a lot of the men around us. Leeteuk-oppa, Kwanghee, Key, Jinwoon, and Seungri - but we still think you fit her the best."

​Yonghwa took a deep breath and looked up at both of them, a new, determined look in his eyes.

"Then I'll try my best, sister-in-laws! I will do my best and win Seohyun's heart, fair and square! I'll make her only look at me!"

​The three of them put their hands on top of each other's.

"YongSeo couple, fighting!"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Aigoo, our cute Luhan! Eat a lot!"

"We bought this especially for you! Your favorite, kimchi dumplings!"

"I never said I wanted-" Luhan was interrupted as Hyoyeon took a large dumpling and stuffed it in his mouth.

He reluctantly started to chew, still confused as to why Sooyoung and Hyoyeon were visiting him. EXO-M and EXO-K has been practicing their newest dance for their Japanese promotions in the practice room, when suddenly, the two girls barged in and ordered everyone except Luhan to go out.

​At first, he thought he had done something wrong, but was stunned when they greeted him with bright smiles, overly high-pitched voices, and food for him to eat.

​Most people said that it was TVXQ or Super Junior-sunbaenims that were scary, but they had no idea. The group of nine "angels", SNSD was the scariest. They were vicious, hot-tempered, and deadly strict. Even TVXQ and Super Junior-sunbaenims couldn't say a word in front of SNSD when they were upset.

As one of the newer groups in SM along with Red Velvet, EXO was naturally treated just the same. It wasn't that SNSD was mean or snobby, they were actually encouraging and cheerful. It was just when they got mad that it was scary. They had that venemous glare and fierce presence that you just couldn't ignore.

"Is it good?" Sooyoung asked.

​He nodded meekly. The food was good, but strangely, he found it hard to get it down his throat. Like he was accepting a bribe or something.

"Actually, we really came here to ask you for a favor. Of course, we came here to give you some delicious food to eat, but we also have something to ask of you," Hyoyeon said carefully.

Ah, there it was. The catch.

"You....You're in love with Seohyun, right?"

Luhan choked on his food, letting out a loud, shocked cough. He quickly pounded against his chest, gulping down the water that they had brought with them.

Sooyoung and Hyoyeon grinned at each other gleefully. "Judging by your reaction, it's true, huh?"

​He gave them a look of genuine disbelief, disregarding the fact that they were seniors to him. "What are you talking about!? I don't like her in that kind of way! Seohyun is just a dongsaeng to me! I like her in the way a brother would!"

​Sooyoung smacked him on the shoulder, smiling from ear to ear. "Aigoo, no need to be shy, Luhan! We understand your feelings! Don't you know? Denial is the first sign of love."

He rolled his eyes. Love, his . He really wasn't in love with Seohyun. He had no idea where they had gotten the weird idea that he was in love with Seohyun. The people who actually liked her were Changmin or Kyuhyun. His relationship with her was identical to the one she had with Leeteuk!

"Hyoyeon-noona, Sooyoung-ah, don't be ridiculous," Luhan pleaded. "I don't like Seohyun in that way, I'm telling you!"

​Hyoyeon gave him a threatening look. "And I'm telling you that you better stop denying your love for her or we're really going to get mad. And you know what happens when Sooyoung and I get mad, right?"

​His eyes widened in fear, a shiver running down his spine. He didn't want to experience the horror of Sooyoung and Hyoyeon's anger again. Just remembering how hard they hit made his sides ache.

"Yes, ma'am," He replied obediently. "I remember. What is it that you want me to do for you?"

"Seohyun, as you know, has no experience with men. I mean, we know she's innocent and all, but at the age of 25, expressing not even the tiniest bit of interest in anyone is unbelievable. Therefore, we, her eight unnies, have decided to take matters into our own hands and find her a boyfriend," Sooyoung declared.

​Luhan gasped. "You can't possibly mean...me?"

"Why else would we have come here to see you?" Hyoyeon snorted. "Yes, you. Sooyoung and I think that you're the best boyfriend candidate for Seohyun. Think about it! You're just a year older than her, handsome, well-mannered towards her, and popular!"

"She and I aren't interested in-"

"You guys can BECOME interested in each other! Love at first sight is a lie. You've gotta get to know someone to fall in love with them," Sooyoung snapped. "You think Kyungho-oppa and I just looked at each other and ended up in a relationship? Wrong." 

"So you're agreeing to this, right? You'll try to get to know her, right?"

​Luhan whimpered.

"Right..."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

​"For the last time, no."

"Kyuhyun-oppa, think about it one more time!" Yoona begged. "You can't always be the silent guy that watches Seohyun and loves her from afar! You've gotta take action and try to win her over! At this rate, some other guy like Changmin-oppa will take her away."

"Seohyun's smart, she wouldn't like someone like him," Kyuhyun pointed out.

​Yuri groaned. "The only person in this world that finds Changmin-oppa unattractive is you, Kyuhyun-oppa! Seohyun may have no interest in guys at the moment, but eventually, she will. She'll be conscious of Changmin-oppa and realize that he really is a man."

"That's right!" Yoona agreed, before punching Kyuhyun's arm. "Besides, your muscles have been lacking compared to Changmin-oppa's these days!"

"Ha! Don't joke around, Yoong! Kyuhyun-oppa's never had muscles anyway. Meanwhile, Changmin-oppa can flaunt his six-pack at all the TVXQ concerts," Yuri taunted.

"Yah! Oppa's been working out these days, don't you know? And besides, six-packs are useless! It's all about the brain and personality! Have you seen how funny I've been on Radio Star these days?" Kyuhyun retorted.

​Yoona grinned. "Then, oppa, with your brain and personality, why don't you try to seduce Seohyun?"

"IM YOONA!"

"Aigoo, fine. Yoona, let's just leave. It's Kyuhyun-oppa's loss anyway," Yuri decided. "There are other guys after Seohyun anyway. Not just Changmin-oppa, but Yonghwa-sshi, Seungri, Leeteuk-oppa, Junsu-sshi..."

Kyuhyun's eyes widened. "Leeteuk-hyung? That dirty old man!"

"I think Leeteuk-oppa and Changmin-oppa are best for Seohyun. C'mon, let's just go. Bye, Kyuhyun-oppa, sorry for bothering you," Yuri said cheerfully as she and Yoona rose from their seats.

​Just as the two were about to open the door, Kyuhyun bolted out of his own seat.

"Wait!" He exclaimed. "I'll...I'll do it. I'll actively pursue Seohyun."

​The two girls smirked, high-fiving each other.

"We're glad that you agreed, oppa."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"You mean...Cho Kyuhyun said he would do this!?" Changmin asked in disbelief. "That's impossible! He's not brave enough to do something like this! He's been watching her shyly since she was a trainee! Why would he now, suddenly get the urge to make her his?"

​Jessica shrugged. "I don't know. I just got the text from Yuri though. If Kyuhyun-oppa agreed, shouldn't you agree too?"

"Sica-yah-"

"Oppa, don't give me that bull that you only think of her as a dongsaeng. It's plainly obvious that you're in love with her. I've known since seeing that broadcast of Joo Byung Jin's talk concert," Jessica interrupted. "I don't really agree with this whole fiasco, but if I had to choose someone for Seohyun, it'd be you."

"I-I'm thankful and all, but I really don't like Seohyun that way..." Changmin stammered. "She's a dongsaeng! A little sister to me!"

"Should a big brother start blushing when he sees his little sister greet him? Should a big brother stutter when he's around his little sister? Should a big brother stare in mesmerized awe as she performs on stage?" Jessica mocked him. "I don't think so."

​Changmin turned a bright shade of red. "Jessica!"

"Aish, even Kyuhyun-oppa is better than you. At least he's able to admit his feelings," Jessica growled. "Can't you just be a man and honestly say that you like Seohyun?"

"My feelings would make her feel burdened," Changmin explained.

"Oppa, you're not some 14 year old school girl! If you beat around the bush like this, Seohyun will never notice your feelings! Someone will steal her away and you'll be left in the dark," Jessica persuaded him.

Changmin leaned back in his seat. "There's no guarantee she'd like me." 

Jessica shrugged. "You're right, but if you give up without even giving it a shot, then you'll regret it."

"You..you really think so?"

Jessica banged her fist onto his arm, eliciting a yelp of pain from the older man.

"I know so!"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

​A/N: I apologize for this chapter being pretty short and boring. But it was needed, to show how the five boys get lured into SNSD's scheme. Our leading lady, Seobaby, hasn't even come out yet, lol. She will come out in the next chapter as the boys start to try and "seduce" her. Sorry for making Yonghwa's part with Taeyeon and Sunny so short. I kid of lacked an idea for that part. ^^" Hope you guys liked some parts of the chapter though.Second chapter will be here in a few days!