Maybe

Ideal

How many days has it been since we last spoke? 

 

 

It doesn't really matter now.

 

 

Himchan didn't even bother numbering the days anymore, because the digits couldn't fit in his palms. They've never been like this before. Sure they argued all the time, and sure they ignored each other whenever that happened, but not like this. The tension would only last for an hour or so. Beyond that and yongguk would cave in completely and apologize to himchan, often pulling him in for more skinship than they ever did, combined. Yongguk does the apologizing mostly coz himchan's a stubborn idiot who wouldn't back down to anything. Except maybe zelo and jongup. He had a thing for the maknaes. Himchan sighed as he tucked his legs closer to him, hugging on to the cushion that was placed on his lap. "H-hyung? Do you want one?" jongup asked meekly, holding up a bag of chips in front of himchan. "No... Thank you jonguppie..." jongup turned back to face zelo who sat beside him on the couch, both looking at each other in defeat. The maknaes have been trying to talk to him all afternoon but all they got were short answers, worse still, sometimes the answer came as slight nods and faint smiles. They knew himchan was too distracted to talk to them. Not by the TV that had been playing music stages all afternoon, but by the soft scraping of pen on paper coming from the inside of himchan and Yongguk's shared room. Yongguk was writing music again. And himchan didn't know if it was because he had a sudden rush of inspiration or if it was a deliberate attempt to avoid him. Technically speaking, the dorm was small, and the only places you could be was the kitchen, the living area and the rooms, and Yongguk wasn't a kitchen sort of person. The other members were concerned at the rate at which their hyungs' relationship was going downhill and they decided they should take turns to convince yongguk to apologize and comfort himchan. Right now daehyun and youngjae were in the room with yongguk and it didn't help that their unintelligible whispers were escaping into the living area. Himchan drew out another quiet sigh, one that he hoped the maknaes wouldn't hear. He'd been trying not to show his unhappiness to the rest of the members. It broke his heart seeing how much they've tried to cheer him up, especially his babies. Jongup and zelo just sat quietly beside him. No touching, no feeding each other, they kept talking to the minimum as well. They didn't want to remind himchan of what he was missing with yongguk. But himchan couldn't help it. Yongguk would always sit himchan beside him when he wrote lyrics. He said it helped somehow. But not this time. Himchan wondered if the new song was about what a stubborn he was being, but he really couldn't be bothered. It also didn't help that yongguk left the dorm more often than usual. He would even leave in the middle of the night only to return past daybreak. Although it worried himchan, he was too afraid of the answer to ask. Where could he possibly go that late at night, returning to their room with the faint smell of- flowers. Himchan never smelt like flowers. He liked smelling manly. Himchan wished yongguk wouldn't return to the bedroom, so he wouldn't have to have that faint trickle of a scent invade his senses and plague him for the rest of the day. Probably he was seeing someone else. Himchan wanted to confront yongguk about it, but he knew he wouldn't be able to take the truth. But he knew it was going to happen soon. Very soon.

 

 

Just then their performance came on. Great. Now I'll have to see his face. "Oh oh oh hyung! You look great!" Zelo climbed over jongup to sit beside himchan, hugging the older man. Zelo usually disliked himchan touching him, because he felt overly babified but this time was different. "You too junhong-ah!" himchan hugged zelo back. He was smiling but secretly he knew that only Yongguk's arms could take away the empty feeling inside. "You look awesome too, jonguppie hyung!" zelo whispered. Jongup glanced nervously at himchan before giving zelo a quick peck, one that he thought himchan wouldn't see. Himchan wished that they'd stop hiding it from him. It just made him feel like a burden on everyone's relationship, even his own. Himchan tried to hide behind his fingers as the camera zoomed in on yongguk. Charisma spilled from the tv screen and he could almost feel the maknaes' nervous glances on him. 

 

 

Maybe it's my fault. Himchan pondered from his corner of the couch. Maybe I was being too sensitive. Maybe Yongguk's right... I'm just not his type... 

 

 

Shuffling from three pairs of feet could be heard and himchan winced. He's here. Yongguk sat down at the other end of the couch, despite the disapproving looks he was getting from the other members. Himchan sunk deeper into his spot, wanting nothing more than for the couch to swallow him whole. He tried to focus his attention on the television, but pretending wasn't really himchan's thing. The maknaes could tell that he was jittery. His breathing was erratic and he was peering at yongguk from the corners of his eyes. Yongguk eyes were glued to the tv. Himchan focused his attention on the screen to see what on earth could possibly so interesting. Ah great. Other boy groups. The ones with the prettier boys. Himchan looked at his own reflection from the glossy borders of the television. He was plain. That's what he thought. Plain and average. Sure he was the most popular back in high school, but in this fast moving industry, he was easily forgettable. The group that was on the tv however, was not. One of the boys stepped out and introduced himself as the visual. Sure he was. It was obvious enough. He had gorgeous eyes. Himchan looked at his own. He thought they looked squinty. What's worse, he was a derp. In other groups it was always pretty easy to pick the visual out. But not in B.A.P. In various interviews, people picked daehyun, and more recently, youngjae as the visual. But it was never him. Because he was plain. He had agreed when daehyun was voted the handsomest. Daehyun was pretty darned good looking. Even yongguk ranked daehyun the best looking in B.A.P. Himchan's heart gave a painful squeeze. Although yongguk was quiet, he could tell that the older man was admiring the pretty faces on television. They were definitely less embarrassing than he was. Heck embarrassing, they probably even held out their hands when they crossed the roads. Himchan personally liked jay walking, it saved him time although he wasn't good at it. 

 

 

They were most definitely Yongguk's ideal type- the opposite of Kim himchan. 

 

 

Himchan scolded himself for lingering on that sentence for so long. He usually wasn't so petty, wouldn't dwell on things for so long. But this time it just stuck to him like a cheap label. He couldn't shake it off. And every time he thought about it, the rusty nail in his heart dove a centimeter deeper. Maybe yongguk was seeing someone like that. Someone who was prettier. Someone who smelt like flowers. 

 

 

Tears welled in himchan's eyes. They pooled until his burdened eyelids couldn't hold them in anymore. They slid down his cheeks, leaving trails down to his neck. He wiped at them discreetly. He knew he was going to have to make an excuse to leave the room soon. His vision blurred and the dorm became a whirl of colors and cloudy shapes. Himchan knew he'd have to confront yongguk soon. But not today. Probably not the day after tomorrow either. He knew he wouldn't be able to handle to truth. 

 

 

"S-sorry I need to use the bathroom..." his voice was unstable. The bathroom door was shut. 

 

 

                                                                                                          ☛page break

 

 

"Jello-ah, jongup-ah! We need to ta-" daehyun and youngjae flung the door of the maknae-line's room open. Only to see that they've been interrupting something as junhong stealthily slid the iPad under the covers. Both he and jongup were sitting on the bed, smiles slowly fading, faces tinted with slight blushes. "H-hyungs you could've at least knocked!" jongup stuttered nervously, pulling the sheets higher over the lump that was the iPad. "Says the one who barges in on us every time!" daehyun retorted.

 

"Anyways... Here's an update..." at youngjae's words, the maknaes perked and sat closer to the edge of the bed to listen. "We're scrapping the old plan. The new plan is to distract himchan hyung and somehow make sure that he doesn't suspect yongguk hyung of anything." youngjae pulled his voice to a whisper. "B-but I thought yongguk hyung's the bad guy here?" zelo asked, not really liking the change of plans. Daehyun pulled both of them closer and whispered something to them, after which, shushed "ohhh"s were heard around the room. "So that's why... We were thinking it wrong all this time!" Zelo chuckled and slapped at his thighs. "Mmhmm... So our new plan requires us to watch Himchannie hyung 24/7. Minus sleeping time of course. So daehyunnie and I will watch him from after dinner till himchannie hyung goes to sleep and you two will watch him from when he wakes up till dinner time. Fair enough?" youngjae and daehyun crossed their fingers, hoping that the maknaes wouldn't realize the inequality of the guarding hours. "Hey... That isn't fair!" the two hyungs winced. "Yeah! We're all there for dinner and lunch and breakfast! Shouldn't we watch him together?" zelo and jongup chimed out, proud that they managed to point the discrepancy out.

 

They really are idiots. Youngjae thought to himself. "Yeah fine whatever. So remember the plan got it? Now you can go back to doing whatever gross things you were doing and please... Please clear your viewing history once you're done with my iPad!" daehyun was grossed out at the idea that his dongsaengs were actually watching on his iPad. Then again they weren't the babies himchan thought them to be. But they could've at least borrowed youngjae's iPad. "N-no! It's not what you think hyung-" but they didn't stay to hear the rest. They were already in their own room.

 

"They were watching pororo..." youngjae started. "H-huh?" daehyun was lost. "The maknaes. They weren't watching . I saw the screen. It was pororo..." youngjae giggled. "No wonder they're hiding it... At their age that's more embarrassing than ..." daehyun chuckled, pulling youngjae closer to him. "And that explains the twenty pororo apps on my iPad when I lent it to them..." then silence engulfed them while they thought. "Do you think himchan hyung likes pororo? Maybe we could use that to distract him..." Youngjae hugged daehyun tight. "I was thinking the same thing, Daehyunnie..."

 

"But no... I don't think he does..."

 

 


Hey guys! I still have one paper to go coz my exams got postponed and stuff... So uhm... Yup! Putting this up coz I've completed this for a while now ^^ I honestly liked writing this chapter! /sick in the mind

Oh btw I have a new Jonglo fic called Little Things! If you wanna see it, you can click on the GIF below! It's a Jonglo oneshot angst thingy that I'll be updating ASAP! (someone take this endless promoting away from me before i hurt myself)

 

(gif not mine/credits to sunqjaes)

 

Comment replies-

@newbie23: Yongguk didn't apologize in this chapter T.T He's a terrible thing... I LOVE THEM TOO T.T OMG! They are perfect in every way possible! I honestly don't know why on earth BAP's so damn shippable!

@ally-chan: IS. THAT. AN. EYK. REFERENCE? :O

@Miharu: Yeaupp I'm waiting for Yongguk to resolve it too! Soon maybe... Maybe never... One may never know the mind of Bang Yong Guk...

@ToneHarmonic: IT'S OK BABY DONGSAENG! It's perfectly fine! *pats you* everything will be alright now! I READ YOUR AND HERE'S THE UPDATE! Sorry i found out about the so late... Exams fried your Unnie's brains... BUT YOUR OMFG... OMNOMNOMNOMS!

@firefly3: OMG YOU GET WHAT I WAS REFERRING TO? I thought no one get it! the shorts over the pants thing<3 OMG<3 ILY soulmate<3 I- I did? (this is fic isn't all that angsty *cough* *cough*)

@check_mate99: Awwwww thanks<3 Says the person with awesome fluff drabbles<3

@Kacichan: Channie totally died inside T.T Poor bby...

@Asakusahime: WTF! Yongguk didn't do anything in this chapter? Oh god he really is incorrigible!

@aznmusiklife: It's ok... The whole world screamed bull when Yongguk said that in real life... It's all lies! LOL daejae knows nothing of sadness xD

@Jojokim: I believe the word that was censored off was a.s.s? HAHAHA If it is, then yes he should! He should be sentenced and punished!

@secretuser23: Yongguk's mind is falala... His sense of humour... Sigh...

@forever_alone_lol: Nope! I like your comments! They're funny! Hahaha! *thinking whether i'm that mean to my friends*... Hmmmm...

@fluffcloud: OMG I LOVE THAT SONG! SING MORE PLEASE<3 HAHAHAHAHA!!! Screaming at my computer is something i'm doing increasingly often thanks to BAP T.T Embarrassing feels... OMG AND THE TWO SURPRISE ODD COUPLES DURING CRASH WAS OMG HAHAHAHAHAH<3 it was awkward and so adorbs! No problem<3 Thank you too<3 *squishes*

@witchy: Awwwww thanks so much :') *sniffles* I love you! And yes... They're all idiots sometimes... But it makes them all the more squishy<3

@Jinkiphoo: HAHAHAHAHA you made me laugh<3 Yes himchan would! I think he'd make an awesome daughter in law... And an even better Mother in law! Make sure you send yongguk to the naughty corner!

@untinnu: Helloooo new reader! OMO. Thanks so much :') I don't deserve that complement T.T I'm still pretty awkward with writing Banghim though...! I hope I'll get better! Haha but thanks :')

@haely13: Awwww thanks! Here's an update! AND YES HIMCHAN HWAITING!