Sticky notes, love and more ramen.

Ideal

Himchan woke up from an unpleasant sleep. His attempt to open his eyes was hindered by his burdened lids. His eyes were swollen from all that crying and he was sure he looked extremely unattractive now. The dorm seemed unusually quiet, considering how late it already was. And it smelt faintly of... Ramen? Himchan steadied himself but decided against knocking on his dongsaeng's doors, thinking a little extra sleep wouldn't hurt them. He was surprised however, to find the door of Yongguk's room open with the sheets shabbily made. He sighed wearily. 

 

 

Whatever.

 

 

Himchan never looks in the mirror before he brushes his teeth and washes his face. He could never live with how he looked in the morning, when the effects of sleep hasn't washed off from his eyes. He splashed water over his face and glanced up at the mirror. A sticky note disrupted his reflection in the mirror. Himchan squinted at the words on the sticky note. 

 

 

 

"Good morning beautiful. Your hunt begins. Find the other sticky note in the dorm." 

 

 

It was written in Yongguk's handwriting. Himchan knew because no one wrote like yongguk did. A small confused smile crept up his face. As he scrambled out of the toilet, eyes darting everywhere for the next sticky note. He found it on the door of the dorm. 

 

 

"You found it! Now follow the trail of sticky notes. Remember to take your sweater before going out."

 

 

Himchan grabbed his cardigan and headed out with no sense of direction or any clear aim. He really didn't know where all this was going. Himchan shut the door behind him and laughed at the sight before him. There really was a sticky note trail! He bent down and began picking them off the floor as he went along. Himchan scoffed. For a guy who was a little too civic-minded, yongguk really took littering a bit too far. Then again, his ideal type was someone who could pick trash up well. Himchan rolled his eyes. Wow, this guy's unbelievable.

 

 

The trail ended in the lift where a single sticky note was pasted on the button that had the number 1 on it. 

 

 

"Press 1!" 

 

 

He took the note and peered behind it, "If you see this note please do not remove!" 

 

 

Himchan laughed when he saw that yongguk had written his name but thought it better to have it striked out.

 

 

The sticky note trail continued outside the elevator, leading to that small forest thing near their dorm. The six of them have always referred to that area as "the small forest thing" because... Just because that's what it is and they had no clue why it was there. But anyways, himchan found himself climbing up the moss-lined steps leading deeper into the small forest thing, picking up the sticky notes that were lined up on the floor. There were more notes stuck to the tree trunks and himchan didn't know whether to grumble or to laugh at Yongguk's attempt at suspense. And there it was. The end of the sticky note trail. With a large "stop" written on a note and tacked to a tree. 

 

 

 

He looked around, slightly panicked only to feel two arms snaking around him from behind. He didn't have to turn around to figure out who that was, because he'd been waiting for this for weeks now. And it felt like heaven. 

 

 

 

"Himchan-ah..." Yongguk's deep voice ghosted past himchan's ear and left him shivering. 

 

 

 

"Y-yongguk-" himchan was silenced by a pair of lips on his, but it didn't matter anyways coz he wouldn't have known how to complete his sentence. The kiss was short and chaste, but that was all himchan needed to feel safe again. They smiled into the kiss and pulled away, resting their foreheads together. Yongguk traced himchan's lips with his fingers. Gently brushing against them as that big smile plastered across his face. 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry himchan-ah..." yongguk began, separating himself from himchan just so he could take a better look at his boyfriend, but they remained close enough to feel the warmth radiating off each others' bodies. "I'm sorry for all the I've put you through for the last couple of weeks... And for all the time that we've been together..." himchan nodded, urging for yongguk to continue. 

 

 

 

"And I'm sorry for making that comment about you being the opposite of what my ideal type is... I didn't know it would hurt you... But I just wanna say that it's true you're not my ideal type..." at this himchan wanted to cry because suddenly this sounds too much like a breakup scene, but thankfully yongguk noticed it so he hurried along with his explanation. 

 

 

 

"You run manically across roads even when I tell you not to. You hate watching documentaries, not to mention the news. You cling onto me in public, you tell other people inappropriate things about me... But you know what Channie? That's why I love you... Who cares about ideal types when you're ing perfect for me." yongguk smiled his gummy smile and waited for it to be reciprocated on himchan's face. 

 

 

 

"Kim himchan... Will you forgive possibly the worst boyfriend in the world?" He looked sullen this time, extremely serious and yes, sincere too. Himchan pulled him into a tight hug and rested his chin on his shoulder, "You idiot..." He chuckled and he was sure as hell he was crying, considering how wet Yongguk's shoulder was getting. 

 

 

 

Yongguk wiped at himchan's tears rather clumsily but himchan didn't mind. Everything was back to normal again. Yongguk was the clumsy, stumbling boyfriend and he was the prissy one. "Oh I almost forgot! I have something to show you. Wait you have to close your eyes and follow me!" himchan was about to protest but it was too late. Yongguk covered his eyes and started pushing him off deeper into the small forest thing. 

 

 

 

"We're here! You can open your eyes now!" 

 

 

 

Himchan found himself facing a small clearing. Two chairs were placed across each other with a table seperating them. there were flowers surrounding the woodwork, littering the clearing with lovely splotches of purple, pink and white (and yellowish-brown of course, considering how some had already wilted).  So this was what yongguk had been up to? Yongguk lead him towards the table, taking care not to trample on the already fragile looking flowers. Himchan was stunned, apparent from his lack of words and the numbness of his movements, he didn't really know what to do or say or what was going on. Everything was pretty and unreal. He just knew there was a certain lump in his throat and his heart was beating out of control but his mind just couldn't register what exactly it was that he felt. Happy? Loved? Probably overwhelmed. 

 

 

 

"Ok... Channie... Sit... Yup... Sit here... Ok wait... No... Take this chair... It seems more... Uhm... Stable..." 

 

 

 

"Wait... Yongguk... You b-built these things?" himchan watched as yongguk nodded sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. "B-but..." before himchan could continue, he watched as yongguk fill the bowls in front of them with... Ramen? 

 

 

 

"Sorry... I'm only good with cooking ramen... But yup... Happy anniversary!" 

 

 

 

Himchan slapped himself on the head. How could he let himself forget their 1 year anniversary? "I-" 

 

 

 

"Don't say anything... It's my fault to begin with..." yongguk held himchan's hand across the table. 

 

 

 

"Happy anniversary, Gukkie..." himchan smiled, his eyes curving and he leaned across the table to peck yongguk on the cheek. "I'm sorry I forgot..." yongguk chuckled and shook his head which translated into an unspoken "it's alright".

 

 

 

"Don't get me wrong... This is lovely and sweet and all... But why are we eating in the small forest thing?" 

 

 

 

Yongguk chuckled. He always found the term "small forest thing" pretty funny. Especially when his dongsaengs or himchan used it. "Remember when you got drunk like a month ago after the party we had?" himchan raised his brow in a weak attempt to seem like he had forgotten all about the embarrassing things that happened the night he got drunk. "Besides all the weird things you did, you said some stuff too..." 

 

 

 

"I did?" himchan sighed, looking like he wanted to bury his head in a hole forever.

 

 

 

"Yes you did," yongguk laughed before continuing, "You said for our first anniversary you wanted to have a meal in a field of flowers and have a Mexican guy with a sombrero to play a guitar while we ate... I left out the Mexican guy coz I figured you weren't being serious about him..." yongguk chuckled. 

 

 

 

"B-but I was drunk..."

 

 

 

"People tell the truth when they're drunk...  And you also said I was the worst boyfriend in the world... And that's the truth..." yongguk dropped his smile and looked apologetically at himchan. 

 

 

 

"You know I don't mean that... I-" 

 

 

 

"Even if you didn't... I know it's true. So thank you for sticking with me even though I'm terrible at this... I love you, himchan-ah..." 

 

 

 

At that Himchan's ears perked. Huh... Did Yongguk just say that? Really? Huh... And that was all it took for tears to slip past his lids again. "I... I love you too... Gukkie... You're so sweet... I'm sorry" Himchan didn't know what he was apologizing for and he sobbed rather uglily plus he was sure all the woodland creatures were going to shun him from now on but who gives a damn.

 

 

 

"Now you're doing it again..." Yongguk said, annoyance obvious in his voice.

 

 

 

"Doing what?" Himchan bawled.

 

 

 

"Exaggerating... Since when was I not sweet to you? O-ok.... Wait... Don't answer that..." Yongguk smiled sheepishly as he pulled Himchan's hand towards his lips and pressed them against the back of his hand. "Ok now eat... Before your ramen gets colder than it already is..."

 

 

 

Himchan smiled and began eating, tears still sliding stealthily down his face. The ramen was salty. And one would think by now after all that unhealthy amount of ramen yongguk ate, he'd be good at making these, but no. It was salty. Not to mention it was made saltier by HImchan's tears. But that ramen, salty, slightly soggy and cold, was the best that HImchan had ever tasted. The bestest ever. Period. Because his boyfriend was the best ramen maker in the world, no question about that. Himchan dropped his utensils on the table and crossed over to where yongguk was, sitting on his lap, facing him. And HImchan leaned in to kiss him. It starts off slowly and chaste, he wanted Yongguk to know that all he wanted was a kiss and nothing more. But everything got a lot well... more-ish... Because, well because it wasn't easy to not kiss your boyfriend for a few weeks. Yongguk trailed Himchan's bottom lip with his tongue, gaining entrance to his wet cavern. Yongguk notes how he likes the feeling of Himchan's tongue against his own, gently kneading, . Lips moulding to fit. Arms wrapped around Yongguk's shoulders. They smiled and pulled apart, hugging yongguk close to him. "Kim Himchan... I love you... And I promise I won't be the worst boyfriend in the world anymore..." Yongguk planted a soft kiss on Himchan's temple and Himchan could've sworn he was about to faint from all the butterflies in his stomach and that woozy feeling in his head.

 

 

"And I promise to raise my hand when crossing the road..." Himchan blurted and he heard Yongguk giggle. Yes his boyfriend does giggle sometimes and Himchan thinks it's the cutest thing in the world, but Yongguk hates it. It's not the most manly thing to be doing. But it was alright, since it was only the two of them around.

 

 

Himchan smiled and gazed into Yongguk's eyes. He wanted to pour all the "i love you"s in the world on Yongguk at that point of time, but he knew that that wouldn't be necessary. This silence made him feel comfortable. Yes it did annoy the hell out of Himchan. Since silence was always so- ambiguous. But sometimes silence shouldn't be broken with constant reminders of the same thing. Because sometimes silence made the words that came after even more worth the wait. And at that, the world was-

 

 

Ideal

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                      ☛pagebreak

 

 

"I say we did a great job... Let's clap..." Daehyun thought it necessary to do some after-action evaluation since he was the oldest at the table and his dongsaengs clapped along while chewing intently on their food. They were at a sushi restaurant far far away from their dorm, ordering insane amounts of food with the money that Yongguk hyung had dumped on them to get rid of them... And to thank them for their help with the Himchan thing.

 

 

 

"You know daehyun hyung... I wouldn't say we did a great job..." Zelo dipped his sushi in soy sauce thoughtfully.

 

 

 

"Yeah... Himchan hyung almost found out a few times... Not to mention you let him walk in on us... you know... And-" Jongup was about to continue when he was cut off by Daehyun waving chopsticks in front of his face.

 

 

 

"Ok! Ok! So we did screw up a few times... But the plan's still intact, right?" Jongup was thinking a little too much for Daehyun's liking so Daehyun looked towards Youngjae for assurance and Youngjae smiled and nodded, rather contented with the spread in front of them.

 

 

 

Everyone nodded along and with raw fish and rice in their mouths and a cups of warm green tea by their sides, they started clapping again. Mostly because of the glorious amount of sushi on the table, but also because things were going to be alright with their hyungs and everything was, as it is, ideal.

 

 

 


Hello! This fic is finally done! Yup it's complete! I'm not entirely satisfied with the ending but I have no idea how to continue with it and yup... I hope it wasn't too bad... I at ending things... So yes! Thank you for subscribing and leaving me lovely comments and for even reading this fic. You have no idea how much I wanna squish all of you! This fic was honestly not my personal favourite to write and yes I'm terrible at BangHim but thank you for sticking with it regardless! So i guess this is goodbye for now! Thank you again! God i feel so sappy now... So do we get a group hug? *squid squishes for all you lovelies*

 

Comment replies-

@--inspiritic: Agreed. Himchan's such a qtpie. It's ok! But it's fine, Himchan's happy now<3 *hug*

@JojoKim: HAHAHAHA! Himchan has yongguk now! So can I get the love that was meant for himchan? ^^ *hug*

@irumi-chan: OTL Himchan looks cute alone on the couch omg you're adorable xD *hug*

@ally-chan: Updated! I hope this ending's fine! *hug*

@LKyellow: And i feel bad for you guys, having to read my crappy banghim writing... *hug*

@forever_alone_lol: Ahhhh i see... HAHAHA! CHANNIE NOOOOOO~ *screams out to the distance* *hug*

@Jmemoriae: *hands you tissues* don't tear up! I hope this fits the definition of them making everything right ^^ *hug*

@megumi543: Thank you ^^ *hug*

@Yumi11: Thank you, you lovely person! You're too kind! I really hope this doesn't disappoint! *hug*

@shikkeuro-: Now we all know yongguk's plan ;) *hug*

@babyseung: HAHAHAHA<3 thank you<3 and I love you *hug*

@haely13: I HOPE WHAT YONGGUK DID WAS GOOD ENOUGH! IF IT ISN'T I'LL BEAR FULL RESPONSIBILITY! yes agreed. Maknae line has tendencies too... just not too much... and thank you<3 *hug*

@newbie23: Yesh he does! ^^ HAHAHA! Pororo > making out to be honest... Ok no wait... I take that back... *hug*

@Kacichan: *nods* I admire him too! Wait... I'm the one who's writing this story... HAHA! I HOPE YOU THINK IT'S WORTH IT! OR ELSE I'LL BEAR FULL RESPONSIBILITY! *hug*

@haefany4eva: haha yes yongguk has a plan, my lovely! And yes, Himchan's a in 98% of all BAP fics... *hug*

@Truelove96: Yes yongguk does! Heehee<3 *hug*

@choding_7: Yes thankfully so! ^^ Jonglo was weird? Like uncomfortable maknae-line touchy feely kind of weird or like out of place weird? *hug*

@jeiisuuie: It's ok<3 *glomps* Thanks for reading this even though you're busy ;_; Dae lost his ninja skills coz he's a fattie now... On behalf of yongguk... "yes i will end himchan's sadness and misery so please don't castrate me" Oh god fluffcloud/jeiisuuie-sshi... I love you so much... Thanks for leaving me lovely comments and stuff and I really hope this doesn't disappoint you<3 I'll definitely miss you<3 *hug*

@ashleyhyung: Dongsaeng! where have you been :_; and sorry for the angst! It just came naturally OTL *hug*

@jpd0824: Heehee that was chapter 1 wasn't it... I hope you liked the rest of the fic ^^ *hug*

@BanaxChan: Awww i updated<3 Hope it didn't disappoint! *hug*

 

                                                                                                                                ヽ(´▽`)/ 안녕~