Back To The Routine

Standing By You, Unfortunately

"Aren't you guys starving? Man, all this dancing makes me so hungry." 

Amber groaned and rubbed her tummy in a circular motion. The girls sluggishly nodded their heads in sync as they slumped against any potential corner of the practice room where they could rest their worn-out bodies at. Victoria quickly sat up from her laying position with an idea in mind.

"How about we all go back home for some dinner? I bought enough tofu for the five of us. High quality tofu, high quality!" Victoria grinned, nodding her head enthusiastically as she gave her members a big thumbs-up.

The girls gave their leader a strained smile while trying hard not to cringe at the thought of having another round of tofu once again.

After some recent research, Victoria decided to have the whole group go on a strict vegetarian diet in order to maintain everyone's health for the comeback. For Victoria, she had no problem enjoying healthy tofu fried rice and asparagus juice for a whole week  but for the girls, it was more like a living hell having to go through a meal without any meat on their plates.

"That sounds great and all, but don't you have dinner with Changmin tonight?" Amber gave Victoria a sweet grin while hastily gesturing Luna to pack up her bags who responded with a quick nod. 

"But, what are you girls going to eat then?" Victoria pouted. The girls gave each other cautious stares, then responded to Victoria with hesitant laughter. 

"Unni!.." Luna exclaimed as she playfully slapped Victoria on the shoulder. "Don't worry about us too much. We love vegetables and other good, delicious food that's good for us, so we'll make sure to eat them even when you're gone."

Krystal and Sulli raised their eyebrows as they watched Amber and Luna scurry towards the door. 

"See you guys, we're going out to eat tonight!"

"Yes, delicious and healthy food! Bye!" 

And with the speed of light, the girls left the room. Victoria scoffed as she picked up her bag and stood up.

"Those two act like I don't know what they're doing when they go out every dinner. Psh, if they don't want to eat healthy then that's their problem." Before she left, Victoria turned to face Krystal and Sulli. "I'm going to dinner with Changmin. There are still leftovers in the fridge from last night. If you want, help yourselves. I'm leaving." She smiled and waved, then disappeared out the door, leaving the two smiling alone in the room that was only filled with the awkward atmosphere between them.

 

It had been a week since the last time Sulli and Taemin met at the dinner party. For the most part, the pernicious chaos revolving around the scandal between the two seemed to have died down a bit and their normal routines eventually came back to order and, to her relief, the company finally released Sulli from her hiatus to continue practicing for f(x)'s upcoming comeback. 

Krystal had been hesitant on whether or not to have the conversation that she wanted to have with Sulli, but what she feared was the aftermath of it. Yet, figuring she should at least go for it, Krystal sighed.

 

As Sulli was about to head towards the door, a hand grabbed her arm.

"Wait, Sulli." 

Sulli turned her head over to face an edgy-looking Krystal smiling faintly at her. 

"What I wanted to talk to you a few weeks before, can I talk to you now?" 

Intrigued by Krystal's question, Sulli turned her full attention towards her with interest and nodded.  

"Sure." She smiled. Krystal bit her bottom lip.

"Kai confessed to me a few weeks ago. Did you know about that?" 

The question gave Sulli a good twist in the stomach and her smile faltered. 

"Um.."

Krystal disrupted her response with a grin.

"I'm trusting you enough to tell you this.. since I feel like someone already knows about it. If any questions go around, I just want to let you know that there's nothing between me and Kai."

".. Oh?" Sulli tilted her head, completely caught by surprise with the turn of events that she had expected. Quick enough to change the subject, Krystal cheerfully grinned as she slid her arms through Sulli's and pulled her out towards the door.

"Are you going anywhere for dinner tonight? Me and Suzy are going out for some sushi. You want to come?" 

Though she was still wary about the recent talk, Sulli responded to Krystal's offer with a smile.

"Ah, no. I feel like staying home tonight."

"Are you sure?" Krystal looked at Sulli a concerned frown. Sulli laughed and nodded. 

Once they opened the door, they were immediately greeted by a young girl that stood smiling at them back.

"Aigoo." Sulli jumped at the sudden sight of the girl and clutched the cloth over her chest.

"Hello! I'm Kim Juree. You're Krystal and Sulli.. from f(x), right?" 

Krystal and Sulli answered the girl with slow nods. The girl returned their nods with a smile, but her bright grin directed to Sulli.

"Oh! I'm a big fan of yours Sulli. I hope we can see each other more often."

"Oh, thank you." Sulli laughed. The girl smiled as she picked up her boombox.

"I'm going to use the practice room, if you guys don't mind. It was nice meeting you two!" 

Krystal and Sulli watched the girl run pass them towards the practice room.

"Who was that?" Sulli asked Krystal as they continued walking out the building.

"A trainee that Mr. Lee Soo Man just recruited from an audition. She's supposed to be joining SM's newest girl group or something."

"Really? I didn't know." 

 

As they finally stepped out of the SM building, Sulli gave Krystal a wide smile as she waved to her goodbye.

"I'm going now. See you soon." 

Krystal waved back as she watched Sulli skip down the steps and walk off down the sidewalks which lead to their dorm.

Should I have asked? Krystal scrunched her eyebrows.

Krystal figured it would be best to not bother asking about the bag of chicken that night or how she noticed Sulli running off behind the SM building at the night of the confession. It was silly of her to think that Sulli had feelings for Kai from the start anyways. Krystal laughed at the thought.

She has Taemin after all, right?


I'll be updating more in the summer. Please wait for me! Taelli = next chapter most definitely. Also, should I write shorter chapters like this or longer chapters? you , please leave a comment below!