Taking Notes

Standing By You, Unfortunately

"Dinner is served!" 

By the time everyone had settled into their seats, a large variety of mouth-watering seafood dishes were placed onto the trays in the middle of each dining table. A plate of tender stir-fried squid, a pot of boiling soft tofu stew, seemingly never-ending servings of sashimis, and so on.. you name it.

Of course, Xiumin was the first to frantically pick up his eating utensils.

"Look at all those steamed buns! Guys, I think this is heaven."  He gaped at the steaming foods across his eyes in awe, as if he never saw a sight so beautiful in his life.

It was indeed heaven for Krystal as well as her eyes sparkled at the undeniably delightful array of food in front of her. She bit her bottom lip, holding herself back from embarrassingly her lips in a table consisting entirely of boys.

Krystal had refused to eat since breakfast, her excuse being that she needed to be absolutely flawless for f(x)'s upcoming comeback. For Krystal, that meant keeping her flawless body in shape, practicing long hours until she would manage to hit the right notes to each song, and dancing the right steps to their choreography without a single mistake. Overall, just being a hundred percent perfect.

She was suddenly roused by the sound of a familiar, low voice along with the continuous clanking of a spoon. Krystal turned her head to find MInho smiling at her as he retreived his spoon which he had clinked on her glass of water once he finally caught her attention.

"Go ahead. Dig in." Minho chuckled.

Krystal was too caught up in her reverie that she was completely unaware that Minho had been watching her amusedly the whole time. Slightly embarrassed by that fact, she blushed as she sheepishly picked up her chopsticks.

From across the table, a clearly jealous Kai scrunched his nose while watching the couple's interaction, paying no attention to his own friends as they had their conversation around him.

"Geez, Jongdae, stop taking so much pictures of the food. You act as if your phone as a camera." Suho laughed. Chen looked at his friend indifferently as he put his phone back in his pocket.

"Why not? Be right back. Got to go wash my hands real quick." Chen exclaimed before jumping out of his seat to head towards the men's room.

"Hey, what's wrong with Sehun?" Minho knitted his eyebrows at Sehun who glumly stared at his bowl of rice.

"Ah, Sehun? He's just upset that Luhan couldn't come." Chanyeol answered with his mouth full whilst devouring his own bowl of rice in a matter of seconds. Krystal wrinkled her nose in disgust from watching the tall boy spit small chunks of his food out from his mouth. Oh my god.. She put her hands over her eyes to avoid seeing any more before continuing her dinner. 

"Luhan can't eat seafood anyways." Kris added heedlessly. 

"Wait guys.. where did Kai go? He was here just seconds ago." Baekhyun frowned in confusion at the empty seat next to him. Baekhyun's mentioning of Kai's sudden disappearance had everyone in the table lifting their heads to find the boy. 

"DId anyone see him go to the restroom with Chen?" Chanyeol tilted his head. 

All of a sudden, a loud thump was heard under the table causing everyone to flinch in surprise.

"What the hell was that?" Kris widened his eyes as he tried to look under the table. But, before he could, their questions were all answered as all their eyes laid on Kai in bewilderment who peeked out of the table under Chen's seat.

"Jongin.. what are you doing?" Baekhyun asked as he watched Kai take the seat next to Krystal who gave him a bizarre look as well.

"What?" Kai blinked innocently as if nothing had really happened at all. Baekhyun groaned.

"Nevermind." He muttered and went back to eating his dinner. 

 

Krystal frowned as she eyed the delicious kimchi on the other side of the tray that she had been desperately trying to get for the past minute, but the boys across her were already hogging the whole plate to themselves. Gradually, the plate began to slowly empty while Krystal became more frustrated. Much to her dismay, the last kimchi was taken and she groaned in defeat.

Minho noticed the disappointment in her Krystal's face to the empty plate of kimchi that she had been keeping her eye on for a while now and pursued his lips.

While Krystal heaved a sigh, she lifted her eyebrows in surprise at the serving of kimchi on her plate. How did this get here?

"You can have it. Don't worry, I didn't touch it." Minho grinned at her in a cordial manner. With that, her cheeks turned red once again.

"Oh.. thanks." She murmured her thanks shyly with a nod.

Upon seeing the scene next to him, Jongin pouted as he made a note to himself. Hmm.. Krystal-ssi seems to like gentlemen.

Before she could get the kimchi into , she furrowed her eyebrows as a bowl of seaweed soup was placed right in front of her eyes.

"Here Krystal, you can have my seaweed soup! It's supposed to be good for you! The seaweed can help keep your skin nice" He grinned brightly as he further slid the bowl to her side. "Not like your skin isn't perfect already! I wish I had skin as beautiful as yours. I mean, you're kind of perfect already." Kai gushed about Krystal unintentionally and coyly rubbed the nape of his neck.

The EXO members' jaws dropped as they tried to catch what Kai was trying to say.

"Yeah.. thanks."  Krystal eyed him weirdly, forcing herself to smile at him, trying not to mind the creepy remarks he had to just say to her. From her hearing simple thanks to him, Kai's eyes lit up and he bit his lips while trying to contain the big smile on his face.

Chanyeol laughed watching Kai.

"Anyone would be blind if they can't see that Kai obviously has a thing for Krystal."

His friends nodded in agreement.

"Yeah. Poor guy." Baekhyun laughed.

 

"Hey guys, I'm back!"

Chen danced back to the table, but stopped in his tracks once he noticed that Kai had replaced him in his seat.

"Yah.. what is this? Why is he in my seat?" He pointed his finger at Kai who stuck his bottom lip out at him and shrugged.

"What are you talking about? I was here all along." Kai blinked.

Chen scrunched his eyebrows and looked at his friends who just shrugged and shook their heads. Chen heaved a sigh and decided to give in to Kai's chilidishness.

"Whatever." He mumbled as he went over to sit in Kai's old seat.


Just a light-hearted little chapter for you guys while I'm writing the next one which should be done soon. Nothing much. Taelli isn't until next chapter! But,  youplease encourage me with a comment anyways? :D That would be great.