Ninety-Nine Days

Standing By You, Unfortunately

"You tell her."

"No way! You tell her."

"How about we settle this with rock, paper, and scissor!"

"How about no."

"Oh my god Luna we can't just handle every situation with that game."

"But wouldn't that waste less time thou-"

"Who wants to volunteer?"

"I nominate Amber!"

"Uhh...."

"How about... we just let them tell her instead?"

The familiar voices of Sulli's group members slurred around her head. She frowned as her eyelids slowly opened and the figures of her four still bickering friends appeared right next to her. Where am I? She frowned and grabbed the cloth beneath her. Sulli figured she was at home in bed with that perception, but her mind couldn't seem to comprehend how on earth she had woken up back at the dorm. She found it strange since she had last remembered spotting Kai and Krystal behind the SM building, but that was it. She frowned even more upon the realization of witnessing Kai's confession to Krystal that night, but she forced herself to quickly erase that thought before it could occupate her entire mind even more, because right now, she needed to find out and recollect the puzzle pieces of what had occurred in the previous night right away. As she tried to lift herself up, a sharp pain jolted the back of her head, causing her to fall back from the sudden affliction. 

"Ah..." She winced as she let out a short, painful groan and rubbed the back of her head. Wait... could I have really had a hangover?

Her friends turned their attentions towards her with an expression of shock that gradually turned into looks of concern.

"Oh crap she's awake now what do we do?" Luna widened her eyes in horror at the awakening Sulli and scurried over to the spot behind the rest. 

"What are all of you talking about?" Sulli furrowed her eyebrows. The girls all turned their heads at the leader who bit her lip as she stepped closer to Sulli with her phone in her hands.

"While you were asleep, the manager sent us a message.. and he says the CEO wants to see you immediately." Victoria gave her a nervous smile as she held out her phone in front of Sulli and sat down at the side of her bed.

"Just me?" The girls nodded and chuckled quietly.

"By the way, you should probably get out their as fast as you can." Victoria informed her while lightly patting Sulli's shoulder. Sulli stared at all of them, then at the phone in Victoria's handin confusion. Why would the CEO want to see just her specifically? Her curiosity grew from this peculiar situation as she got up to dress in a hurry.

 

Sulli put her hoodie over her head and peeked outside the door to check to see what was going on, but apparently she didn't see anyone. She had remembered the girls instructing her on getting their as fast as she could, but she didn't know why. She cautiously stepped out the door to get towards the sidewalk with that warning. As she got there, she heard the footsteps coming along the sidewalk. She instantly froze as a young teenage girl jumped in front of her path and into her view with her friends. The girl put on a scowl as their eyes met and furiously pointed her finger at her.

"THERE SHE IS. SHE'S THE GIRL WHO STOLE OPPA AWAY FROM US. GET HEERRR." The teenager cried in fury that was shortly followed by what seemed like more of an army of huns rather than a mob of angry sixteen year old fan girls. The girls dashed forward as their arms extended right towards her with hands held out that looked as though they were made and intended to choke her. 

Sulli let out a high pitched scream of fear in response and let her feet run as fast as they could towards the most vacant path of the sidewalk. She grabbed the sides of her hoodie and covered the bottom half of her face with them once she noticed people starting to take notice of the scene. Why why why why. She winced while quickening her pace to avoid the girls screaching and rampaging behind her. 

A honk of a car caught her attention and her face lit up at the familiar face as she found her manager waiting for her in front of a van, holding the door out for her. He prompted her to move faster by urgently waving his hands. She darted inside the car and gasped a sigh of relief as she was finally able to rest and breath again.

"You were supposed to wait for us to accompany you on your way out. Are you feeling okay?" The manager turned his head around to face her, waiting for her response. Sulli smiled and nodded her head at him. 

"Anyways, go ahead and take your time to rest until you meet with the CEO." Her manager's face grew stern as he mentioned that to her and turned to face the front. Sulli let her head fall against the window from exhaustion as she tried to slow down the pace of her breathing.  Strangely, a part of her couldn't help but wonder if her situation now was connected to the missing pieces of her forgotten memory of last night. What is going on? ...

 

Sulli blew her hair away from her eyes as she carried her worn off legs to the front of the CEO's room. She looked around at the empty hallway. Security guards were blocking the entrances, so there was sure to be no further papparazis jumping on her like the crazy fan girls just this morning. Her eyes were complete stunned because of the many flashes of the photography on her face. A couple of people including her manager had to her through a large crowd of photographers that had waited for her entrance in front of the building. All she heard was the sound of her name repeated so many times demanding for some sort of answer. She still felt angry that no one dared to explain why so much strange scenarios were happening to her. They merely told her to wait until her conference with the CEO to find out. Since she was already there, she figured her wait of finding the answer was finally over anyway to be so impatient about it.

As she flung the door open, she held her breath as her eyes met him who was already seated across the CEO. Lee Taemin... that babo, too? Sulli thought as she greeted the CEO with a bow. 

"Annyeeeoong." Taemin whispered and waved his hand at her. The CEO simply gave her a nod.

"Choi Jinri, please have a seat." He said and appointed her to the seat next to Taemin.

Taemin welcomed her with a fake, innocent smile. She struggled not to return his stupid smile with a scowl and gave him a rather cringed grin instead as she proceeded to sit down on the seat next to Taemin, yet moved it further away from him. Taemin noticed and quietly chuckled to himself.

"Are you two both aware of the reason behind your situation leading to this current meeting right now?" The CEO gave them both a serious look in the eye as he clasped his hands together on the table. Sulli quietly shook her head while Taemin only answered with a small smile. The CEO gave them a cold glare from the corner of his eyes while his fingers were busy typing rapidly on the keyboards of the laptop in front of him.

"The staff happened to have found these photos already leaked and wildly spreading across the web just this morning. Can any of you recognize and give me your explanations of these?" He calmly spoke as he swiftly flipped the laptop around so that the screen could face the both of them.

Sulli gasped and cupped her gaping mouth with one of her hands once her eyes were able to grasp the images on the screen. 

Each picture focused on the figures of Taemin and Sulli in the midst of the night in what looked like an alley, lips completely locked against each other. Apparently, the bright light of the flash was able to capture the identity of both their faces. 

Sulli bit her bottom lip, trying very hard to hold in her scream. Taemin, on the other hand, reacted to the images with a blank stare, unimpressed.

"We need to confirm this now. Are you two... dating?"

"N-NO no we're not." Sulli quickly responded, her lips slightly trembling from appall. Taemin lifted an eyebrow at her answer and eyed her with amusement.

"Taemin?" 

"No. It was just an accident. That's all." Taemin bluntly replied.

"That's all? Just an accident?" The furious CEO emphasized those words with anger and gritted his teeth. He slammed the table with his fists, causing both of them to slightly jump in their seats in surprise.

"How do you think we are able to fix this accident now? Do you think it's so easy to handle every situation so easily that all of you carelessly make such childish acts?" He raised his voice at them. Sulli gulped as she noticed his flesh transitioning into a bright red color while the veins on his neck was becoming more noticeable by the second. What do I do? At this point, she could almost feel her career flashing away before her eyes. Curious of his reaction, she glanced at Taemin whose expression remained distinctly blank. Aigo- how can he be so calm about this?

"Both of your identities are too obvious in these photos. The best way we have thought to fix this situation needs more time and it isn't easy, but we need you two to cooperate... We want you to continue the act." 

Right at that moment, Sulli's heart dropped and her eyes widened in shock. To be frank, she didn't know whether to scream or cry at the spot. Horrible reruns of Taemin annoyingly teasing her continuously flashed through her mind. From the times he would incessantly attempt to trip her onstage to the time she woke up on the couch of her dressing room with a moustache drawn with a permanant marker on her upper lip right before her group's performance. The thought of having to actually spend more time with him without her free will would just be her absolute worst nightmare. Oh no.. this can't be happening. WHAT KIND OF PLAN IS THIS? SERIOUSLY. 

"I-is there anyway else we can fix this?" Sulli stammered, hoping for another alternative. The CEO only looked at them dumfoundedly and said nothing. Sulli eyes bulged as she eyed Taemin who immediately caught her stare. He reacted to her terrified stare by simply curling an end of his lip into a cute half-smile as he casually shrugged his shoulders. Ugh. Sulli cringed.

 

Taemin promptly took out his phone from his pocket and flipped through his song list once he exited the room. Right behind him, Sulli took slow, small steps still astounded by the unexpected news. She narrowed her eyes at the figure in front of her, cheerfully humming an upbeat tune, with doubt. But really.. how can he so calm and cool about this? Unless... Sulli scoffed as she thought of some theories to his calmness and quickened her pace, so that she could catch up to him.

As Taemin was about to insert his earphones into his ears, he felt a hand grasp his wrist. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he felt himself pulled into a closet, then his back roughly pushed against its wall. 

In front of his eyes was an enraged Sulli busy locking the door to which he greeted with a cocky grin. 

"Aigoo we've only been dating for less than a day. Don't you think this is too soon? Let's wait.. Ahh. Unless you really want to then.." 

Taemin by leaning his head closer to hers, but Sulli pushed him back against the wall by the wrists.

"Yah.. you intended all of this to happen didn't you? That's why you did all of this to me last night didn't you?" Sulli screamed at him. Taemin stared at her, not taking her very seriously.

"What? Are you crazy?" He shrugged her grip off of his wrists and stuffed his hand into his pocket to hold out a couple of crumpled photos that was of the two of them from last night.

"What the- where did you get those?" Sulli frowned at them. Taemin smiled as he scoffed at her obliviousness.

"I printed them. Didn't you hear? They're all over the internet now." 

Taemin kept his face stern as he held the photos closer to her face. 

"Look closely. Who's the one holding the bottle of soju looking obviously drunk? You. Who's the one that's pushed against the wall, looking forcefully pulled by the scarf into the kiss? Me. See? It's quite clear with just a glance of these photos to quickly assume that you're the cause of this mess."

Sulli observed the photos.

"... I tried to catch the photographer who took them, but he was too fast for me and disappeared before I could consult him. So, you can blame me as well. But, what can we do now? Both of our careers are at risk. Everything can only come back to normal after he gives us a signal to stop the act, but I highly doubt that it actually well." Taemin mumbled as he rubbed the back of his neck.

Sulli didn't give him a response and continued to give him a cold stare. Taemin stifled a laugh at her stubborn character and stuffed the photos back into his pocket.

"What? You still don't believe me? Then how would I know that you have a major crush on Kai op-pa." He mocked her by emphasizing his best friend's name with a smug smile. Sulli widened her eyes at the mentioning of his name.

"How did you know?" Sulli softened her tone, bewildered at his knowledge of her crush. 

"You were too drunk to even function your brain properly, so somehow, I became Kai. Oh.. if you still don't believe me, then let me reenact last night for you."

He gave her a sly smile as he pulled his body away from the wall and took a step closer to her while Sulli cautiously quickly took a step back.

"What are you doing?" Sulli frowned at him. Taemin stopped to clear his throat once before proceeding his act.

"Kai oppppaaaa." Taemin squirmed his body in a very feminine way as he mimicked her in a high-pitched girlish voice. Sulli looked at him with disgust. 

"Get away from m-" Before she could finish her sentence, Taemin took a big step forward, making her stumble over a bucket on the floor that caused her to fall back against the wall on the other side. She felt her cheeks burning as he coolly leaned his lips closer to hers and gasped as she felt his moist, hot breath against her lips. Taemin stopped right before his lips could touch hers. He looked at her rather frightened expression and smirked with pleasure.

"Don't worry. I'm not going to give away your secret to anyone nor will I do anything to you, but you have to know.. sometimes I can't keep my promises when I find things too.. irresistable." He gave her a small smirk as his eyes fell at her soft, luscious lips. Sulli noticed and tightly pursed them together until they were no longer visible. Taemin chuckled at her reaction and sighed as he leaned back.

"Give me some time. I'm going to try my best until you will eventually fall for me and I won't stop till then." Taemin crossed his arms above his chest. Sulli laughed at this.

"What? Don't I fit your ideal type? Looky. Don't I look similar to Kai-oppa? It shouldn't be too hard. We almost have the same facial structures." He circled his head with his index finger and shrugged. "So give me up to 100 days."

"Forget i-"

"99 days if you think that's too long." Taemin curled his lips into a wide smile. Sulli gave him a long, cold yet doubtful stare.

"What makes you think I'm going to fall for a choding like you who likes to toy with others feelings." Taemin grinned at her response.

"Of course. I'm a professional. Did you forget? As an idol, shouldn't that be my job?" Sulli scoffed at his answer. Taemin glanced at her hand and smiled cockily as he took it and intertwined his fingers with hers. Once Sulli noticed his cold skin against hers, she gave him a frown. 

"What are you doing now?"

"Let's go." Taemin sweetly grinned at her as he tugged her towards the door. After he unlocked the door, he flung it open and dragged her towards the nearest elevator.

Once they stepped inside, he flung her in with him. He kept quiet as he pressed the button leading to the ground floor. Sulli stared at their hands clasped together and tried to yank hers away, but his grip on her was too strong. 

"Yah... let go." Sulli growled at him. Taemin turned to her and lifted an eyebrow.

"Jinri-ssi, aren't you forgetting? We're dating now." He said and with his playful smirk. Sulli winced as she stared at his hands tightly grasping onto hers. Sulli-ah.. what did you get yourself into?


If you actually read this whole entire chapter, then I sincerely applaud and thank you. Since it's Thanksgiving, I should probably give my thanks to all of you a billion times more for reading my story, including some of you who are also reading my other story, Day by Day, which I shall mostly likely be updating next. Anyways, if you are celebrating it, I hope you have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING with lots of good food. ;D 

P.S. Minstal moments are going to come soon, so please wait for that. c:

P.S.S. you , please don't forget to leave some comments below. Even those silent readers out there. I really look forward to reading it~ ^^ Now here's a lovely Onew for all of you.