Not Everything You See On TV Is True

Standing By You, Unfortunately

"Key Key Key come look at this." Jonghyun gestured Key to come sit next to him on the couch with a huge smile on his face as he kept his eyes glued on his laptop's screen. Onew, who was sitting on the floor, leaned back to get a glimpse of the screen. He began to fall back on the floor and broke into a hysterical laughter as soon as he saw the image Jonghyun was referring to. Key quickly came out of the kitchen as if an emergency had occured.

"WHAT IS IT? WHAT IS IT?" Key then pointed his finger at Onew. "WHY ARE YOU SMILING?" WHAT DID THEY SEE?" Key shouted at the two with bulging eyes from fear of the possible embarassing flaws that the paparazzi could have catched of him that would be able to ruin his perfect image as he ran over to sit down next to Jonghyun. His lifted eyebrows began to crease as he finally made out what the image was and angrily pushed Jonghyun by the shoulder.

"WHAT THE HELL. I TOLD YOU TO STOP SHOWING ME THESE THINGS." Key yelled at Jonghyun through gritted teeth as he pushed Jonghyun's shoulder again even harder.

"You didn't have to come over if you didn't want to see it." Jonghyun snickered. Key turned to stare at him with menacing eyes. 

"Do you want to die?" Key threatened him as he wavered his fist up to Jonghyun. Jonghyun ignored Key and continued to admire the image in front of him with his mouth open in awe.

"Twitter.. this place is really interesting. One of our fans sent this to me on there and told me to show this to you." Jonghyun shook his head and clicked his tongue in amazement. "This one has to be the best one I've seen yet. Wahh.. The way she shaded the tone of my muscular arm is really amazing.." Key leaned over to see the image again and clicked his tongue, too, but instead from frustration.

"But why are you always on top?" Key whined and frowned. 

"Because you're Key." Onew answered Key's question as he remained focus on the TV screen with a smug smile, then took a handful of popcorn into his mouth. Key sneered at him in return.

Out of nowhere, Taemin came out from the bathroom and casually slammed Jonghyun's laptop shut and turned off the TV as well. While Taemin was busy doing that, Jonghyun witnessed the whole scene open mouthed in horror, Onew stared blankly at the TV screen as he continued to munch on his popcorn, and Key looked as though he was oblivious to what was going on.

"What are you doing? You know my laptop usually freezes when it isn't properly shut down." Jonghyun groaned, then set his laptop on the coffee table in front of them and sat back on the couch with a pout with crossed arms. "Yah Taemin-ah, if my laptop breaks and explodes one day you're going to have pay for my new one." Taemin stopped and smirked, then playfully gave Jonghyun the are you serious face.

"Forget it." Taemin chuckled and threw the remote on the couch.

"Aish." Jonghyun pretended to act angry and slammed a pillow on his lap with rage.

"Get ready we're going to visit Minho at the set of To The Beautiful You today." Taemin spoke and put his hands in the pockets of his jacket.

"I thought we weren't going." Onew looked back at Taemin with a questionable frown. Everyone in the whole room except Taemin nodded in unison. Jonghyun nodded with a rather unsure look himself.

"Yeah you said so yourself. You didn't want to see he-." Taemin closed his eyes and let out a heavy sigh.

"I CHANGED MY MIND." Taemin snarled in annoyance. There was an awkward silence in the room after his angry refute. Taemin realized his disrespectful contradiction against his hyungs and cleared his throat from embarassment.

"Jonghyun, can you drive?" Taemin mumured softly. Jonghyun stood up and put his hand on Taemin's shoulder with a small and friendly smile.

"Alright, but if you do something like this again then you're going to have a time out next time." Jonghyun teased the maknae causing the whole room to fill with laughter once again, leaving the uncomfortable aura in the room just a while ago behind. Taemin laughed with them.

"Alright." Taemin grinned.

 


Minho's P.O.V.

"CUT. Break time everyone!" The director claps his hands together, signaling everyone to stop filming and finally rest. The staff members all begin to clap their hands for the actors for their good work. I clap, too, then went over to the staff members along with Sulli to give them each a ninety degrees bow of respect in return for pats in the backs of assent that we had worked hard. 

I grab a wet towel and jog to the nearest bench outside the 'Genie Athletic High School', and sit down on it immediately to claim it as my seat in the meantime so that I can rest on this hot weather. I wipe the sweat off of my forehead. The heavy school uniform doesn't really help, but the cool sensation on the skin of my face is incredibly relaxing enough and I sigh in relief as I rested my hands on the back of the bench. Sulli slumps down on the bench across the side of mines and promptly takes out her script and begins to skim through it right away. I laugh.

"It's called break time for a reason. You should rest." Sulli gives me a big smile, still focusing on the script.

"Just a minute, I need to get this down first." I puff my cheeks.

"If that's so, then can I read it with you?" I turn my head to give her a warm smile.

"Go ahead." I slide next to Sulli to read the script with her. The script was full of bright highlights and side notes. I lifted an eyebrow in astonishment, impressed on how organized she is. It's no surprise that she makes less mistakes when filming than I do.

My mind gets lost from all the reading and my eyes gradually starts to wander to Sulli's face. She doesn't seem to notice me staring at her as she seems to be really into it anyways. Her head leans to the side. Her eyebrows start to furrow. One of her cheeks begin to puff up just slightly.  I lift a corner of my lips into a slight smile as I observe her pondering facial expressions that I had always found strikingly cute of hers. 

Just as I begin to get lost in her attracting features, I am shaken as I am woken up by the sound of a honk of a vehicle approaching near us. Both of us lift our heads and stand up to investigate who the person behind it was.

"Aren't those your friends?" Hyun Woo pointed out to me from the far benches.

The vehicle stopped in its track along the sidewalk in front of us and my smile ear to ear as I recognize who the people in it are.

"MINHO-YAH!" The short and ferocious yet friendly dinosaur joyfully approached and locked me into a tight and suffocating hug with his bulky arms and his signature smile which displayed his bright and perfect teeth that would often steal most girls', and even the noonas', hearts. 

"JONGHYUN-YAH." I chuckle and return his hug by patting on his back. He suddenly grabs and pushes the back of my head down so that my head is not able to budge and I can feel his head turning to face Sulli.

"How many mistakes had he made so far? How did you deal with him? Was he a bad kisser?.." Jonghyun's chatters on. I can hear Sulli laughing in the back and I can feel my ears and cheeks begin to burn from embarassment. You can always count on Jonghyun to humiliate me.. always. He tells me and everyone that it's his hobby and his absolute talent, but I beg to differ for the fact that his true hobby is showing off his good looks and impressive skills to almost everyone he meets once he opens his mouth, especially girls, and most of the time, succeeding.  I pull his arms off of me before he can even attempt to go on.

"Be quiet!" I jokingly yell at him. 

"I only ask because I care." He tries to reassure me softly as he places his hand above his heart with a grin. "Minhoo come here." Jonghyun comes at me with open arms and I playfully push him away and scoff.

"Go away!" Jonghyun wrinkles his nose at me in response and goes in Sulli's direction instead to pull her into a hug.

"Forget you." Jonghyun sticks his tongue out at me. 

A door opens in the front of the car where Key comes out first followed by the one in the back which Onew steps out of later.

"SULLI! MINHO!" Key came over to Sulli to give her a hug. Sulli pulls away from the hug.

"KEY-OPPA.. did he come along with you guys this time?" Sulli asks him frantically with the eagerness as of a child.

"No. He's too busy practicing with them for the next concert." Key tells her softly. My smile slowly starts to fade as I notice disappointment in her eyes and slumped shoulders and because I know who she is referring to. He then walks up to me and puts a hand on my shoulder with a serious expression planted on his face.

"Minho please come back. Jjong won't shut up on how much he misses you." Key nodded his head at Jonghyun who only shrugged his shoulders up and down with a stupid smile. Onew nods in agreement.

"It's true. SHINee doesn't feel the same without you around most of the time." Onew let out a soft chuckle.

"Really? I thought you guys enjoyed talking behind my back while I was gone." I turn to Jonghyun. "Especially you." I push him by the side of his head with the tip of my finger and he snickers. 

"It got boring. It's more fun doing it in front of you anyways." 

"So that's why you miss me didn't you?" He laughs even harder. 

The slam of a door of the vehicle can be heard in the background and I turn to see who that last person is, although I already know who. He steps out of the car door and takes the large sunglasses off of his face to reveal his unusual, austere stare that came towards our way.

Taemin. Lee Taemin. The cute and polite maknae that every Shawol would love to keep in their pocket, but behind the scenes, he is most known as the insensitive and childish maknae amongst those who know him personally. Yet I am the one who knows him the most.

Hm. How should I start to explain?

 

 

Some fans will assume that every member of a group would quickly get along with each other like how children would make friends.

"Let's be friends!"

"Sure!"

Well, that wasn't always true. There were situations like that, but that would be rare. Not everyone got along at first glance or even the thousandth one. I had known some and SHINee was one of them. 

Our first meeting face to face with one another started off with an awkward and quiet atmosphere. The further meetings were full of small talks and short conversations about things like schedules or where the next destination for dinner would be, Jonghyun being the Jonghyun he was would usually be the one to start them off.

One day during the usual break time after practice, I took out a wrapped sandwich and began searching for a place to eat. The other three had gone to nearby restaurants to eat themselves so that left only two. From the corner of my eyes I notice a skinny looking kid with a funny mushroom haircut in the corner of the practice room eating a sloppy looking bologna sandwich by himself. He was always quiet and shy around us and almost spoke nothing when he didn't have to. Seeing him alone, it was the first time I had felt sorry for him. And so I went over and sat by him.

"Hey. Your name is Taemin, right?"

Taemin stared at me from the corner of his eyes and nodded, then resumed eating his sandwich. 

"And your name is Minho?" I smiled and nodded. Then there was another awkward silence. In an attempt to keep the conversation going, I spoke up.

"Did you make that yourself?" My head gestured towards his sandwich. He looked at it and nodded.

"Yeah.. My mom would usually make my sandwiches so.." He pursued his lips and we both broke into laughter.

"Next time, you can always ask me to help you make one, alright?" I give him a warm smile. He paused for a while.

"Sure." He gave me a smile back.

And that how was our friendship had started, with a deformed sandwich. Afterwards, we became the closest among the rest as we got to learn more about each other than we knew about ourselves. While the others continued to go out to eat, we made our lunch to eat together. Without my older brother, Minhyuk, and his older brother, Taesun, we became each other's own siblings.

There were also arguments, but there was a significant one including Key and myself that would change the atmosphere around us as a group. That argument had made us realize that we needed to support each other as a group. 

We slowly became closer with one another after that incident. Our short conversations about simple things became non-stop conversations about random things like interesting fanart we would recieve from our fans that we would show one another, jokes about Key's obsession over shopping and his closet, or even girls. Jonghyun didn't have to always start it anymore. We all started to walk Taemin to school, too, and made snacks for each other from time to time. Just like that, not only two of us, but all of us became brothers. We've all become a family of five.

I would like to acknowledge what Jonghyun and Key had once said on an episode of SHINee's Hello Baby.

"Everything you see on TV is a lie."

And it is true. Not everything you may see on TV is absolutely true. A person's relationships or life off screen can not just be assumed by the glimpse of it on screen. There are those who act sincerely off screen as they do in front of the camera, but they also have secrets.

Me? I also have a secret and not even Taemin knows about it. Mines is that I like Sulli.  I never intended to or expected to. It just happened. 

Our relationship really started off as a brother and sister relationship. We would help each other with our lines and that was it. It was simply when we had to flim our first kiss scene that I had started to gain feelings for her. Butterflies. Crimson red cheeks. Pounding heart beats. I thought it was ordinary to feel that way kissing a girl for the first time, but I was wrong. 

I started to admire her determination and observe every little thing she did. Unfortunately, my feelings for her had grown stronger as we continued fliming and I was forced to get to know her more even up until today. 

I also know that she likes someone else and I am facing a one-sided love myself.

I didn't mean to know about it that day when I had found out nor did I want to. I had accidently peeked into her diary.

Let me just say that it isn't entirely my fault. I only thought that she was reading her script, but instead, I had caught a glimpse of the three lettered nickname that we had all given him scribbled everywhere on that page that was completely surrounded by tiny drawn hearts. 

My heart felt like it was completely broken when I realized who that person she had fallen for was, yes it was and is devastating, but for now, I guess I'm okay with this one-sided love story.

 

 

"TAE BABO Why does it take so long for you to just walk over here. Walk faster!" Key came over and dragged an unwilling Taemin by the arm over to us. I can see Sulli holding her breath at the sight of him.

"Hey Minho." Taemin gave me a big smile.

"Taemin-ah It's nice to see you again." I chuckle and gave him a warm hug.

"I missed you too, hyung." Taemin chuckles back. We let go of the short hug and once Taemin's and Sulli's eyes met, there is an immediate sense of strong hatred and despise in each other's eyes.

"Annyeong Sulli-oppa. It looks like you've gotten manlier over the past months." Taemin teases and smirks at her. Sulli grits her teeth into a fake smile.

"Oh really?" Sulli begins to clench her fist even tight. It seems Taemin notices that as glances down at her fists and scoffs.

"What are you waiting for? Hit me. HIT ME!" Taemin lifts his eyebrows up while slapping his chest with both of his hands and pounces closer to her as if daring Sulli with his stupid pride.

"You just wait." Sulli simply tells him and scrunches her nose. Taemin sticks his tongue out at her.

"Bleh."

"Bleh!" She sticks her tongue out back at him. It's true. If it wasn't for our elders surrounding the film set right now, Taemin would've easily earned himself a good beating by Sulli right at the spot. She really isn't the innocent girl that she seems. Well, it looks like he's lucky today. Jonghyun, still clueless of the previous quarrel, quickly interrupts the heat building between the two as he begins to take out his camera and they both let out a sigh.

"Since everyone's all here now let's take a picture together hurry hurry hurry. I'll go get someone to take it for us!" He flaps his hand at us to go position ourselves and get ready for it as he runs off to one of the staff members.

We begin to start positioning ourselves.

Sulli and Key both stand by my side and everyone seems to have positioned themselves, except for Taemin who is still walking around to find a spot. He attempts to come in between Onew and Sulli, but Sulli nudges him away.

"Yah... move." Taemin widens his eyes at her. Sulli looks back at him.

"No way." Sulli scoffs and turns back. Taemin lets out a sarcastic laugh and narrows his eyes at her with a mocking smile.

"That's not very gentlemen-like isn't it?" Sulli scowls at him and blows her hair away from her eyes.

"Pppbbbfffftt-." Taemin mimicks her by puckering his lips to blow his own hair away from his eyes into a raspberry sound while Sulli gives him a death glare until Key decides to cut them off.

"You two shut up they're back." Key shakes his head and rolls his eyes.

"Go go go go go." Jonghyun runs up next to us in a hurry followed by a staff member holding his camera.

"Ready everyone?" The staff member held up the camera, signaling Taemin and Sulli to stop fighting and to put on their fake smiles as if nothing had happened at all. Taemin pokes his head over Jonghyun and Sulli's shoulders and Sulli's head is clearly leaning over to my side, obvious to that she was trying to avoid Taemin as much as possible, and I can't help but smile and feel myself blush.

Yeah.. about Taemin and Sulli's relationship, I don't know much about it myself. They've always avoided each other like nocuous diseases; expressing their apparent hatred towards each other even with a single glance... Do I know why? Well.. no, I've never known why. I guess I'll have to find out about that later.

We all give the camera our biggest smiles as we hold up our V-signs.

"3...

2...

1!"

 

 


I finally decided to update today lol. The next chapter will take place one year later. I know this chapter doesn't have much Taelli moments since it was only intended to show you guys a little look into the personalities of each SHINee member first. The real plot of the story will begin in the next chapter! In the meantime, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE leave some comments about anything such as things I need to fix or... just comments and subscribe if interested. :D THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!