chapter 5

Hope

Lee Soo Man and Kangta manager, Ben, stay quiet for a moment before a nurse came out. She walk towards them and smile at them.

"The patient has come around. You can visit him but please don't make any noise." The nurse inform them.

Both man quickly went inside and saw Kangta lay on the bed. He was using the life oxygen and it hurt both men to see Kangta in that state. He was so vulnerable and Ben turn around as he felt his tears fall down his cheeks. Lee Soo Man clench his fist, digging his nails on his skin. He wanted to cry but he know Kangta will hate it.

"Seongsaengnim....."

Both men look up at Kangta. Ben quickly wipe his tears and forces a smile on his face. Lee Soo Man smile at Kangta.

"You are here?" Kangta asked, surprise by Lee Soo Man appearance. Kangta look at Ben who lowered his head down.

"I am sorry, hyung. But Boss found out when the doctor told me. I couldn't do..."

"It's alright. Sooner or later, he will know right?" Kangta said, smiling at Ben.

"Why didn't you tell me of your illness? Look at you, you are pale." Lee Soo Man scolded Kangta but Kangta just smiled.

He hold out his hand and Lee Soo Man take it. Kangta look at Lee Soo Man and he bit his lips. For some reason, memories during his debuts days till now, flashes infront of him. A tear fall down his cheeks as he remember those memories. Kangta look at Lee Soo Man with through his tears, a smile on his face.

"Thank you, Seongsaengnim. Thank you so much for everything that you have done for me and for H.O.T. Thank you for still letting me stay in this company eventhough I am not that useful as before. Thank you. Thank you for letting me experience this wonderful journey. I won't forget it and your gratitude too. Thank you. I can't express my gratitude well, Seongsaengnim.... but I want you to know that I really appreciate everything you have done to me and Ben. For still letting me in the family, thank you so much..."

Kangta coughed and Ben went to him, softly patting his back. While Kangta was talking, Lee Soo Man was nodding his head.

"Don't say such thing, Kangta. You will be fine... I should be the one who thank you..."

"If I were to go, please let the others know that I was very grateful to be able to help them in many ways. And Ben, I hope that you will the others like I did, ok? Promise me that..."

Kangta held out his trembling pinky and Ben link it with his pink, making the promise.

"You will be fine, hyung. You will be fine. I know you will...." Ben said, trying to comfort himself. Kangta chuckled, shaking his head.

"I am tired, Ben. Very tired...... I ... want...... to..... sleep........"

Ben eyes widen as he saw Kangta pink fall onto the bed. He began to scream Kangta name. Calling the doctor. Lee Soo Man froze at his spot.

"Kangta..." Lee Soo Man called and look at the life meter. It stop. It was a long horizontal line.

"He's gone..." Lee Soo Man whisper.

"Hyung! Hyung! Wake up! Wake up, hyung!" Ben scream, shaking Kangta body. Lee Soo Man pulled Ben away from Kangta as the doctor went in.

Outside the room, Lee Soo Man called Kim Youngmin.

" Gather all the family members at my room in half an hour time." And ended his call.

The doctor went out with his head laid low and Lee Soo Man knew what it means. Kangta is gone, for good. The doctor went to Lee Soo Man and gave a CD to him.

"We found this CD on the patient jeans." The doctor said and hand the CD.

"The body?" The doctor asked.

"I will arranged with my staff about it. We will collect the body tomorrow." Lee Soo Man said and left the hospital to the concert venue.

 

 

 

In Lee Soo Man room, all SM family had gathered, waiting for their boss to arrive. It was noisy as usual.

"I wonder what does Lee Soo Man want to talk to us?" Yunho asked.

"No idea. Maybe something, something?" Donghae replied.

The door open and Lee Soo Man walk in with Ben. Ben was still crying and as he enter the room, he quickly wipe his tears.

"Are you crying, hyung? What happen? Who beat you? Tell us, we will kill them..." Eunhyuk joke around and the others laugh.

"Are you ok, Oppa?" Liyin asked and Ben nodded his head. BoA stood up suddenly.

"Ben-oppa, where is Kangta-oppa?" BoA asked and this make Ben cried again.

"Why are you crying? Where is he, oppa?" BoA asked again.

"Silence." Lee Soo Man said and everyone look at him.

"Kangta..." He took a deep breathe.

"Kangta is gone." Lee Soo Man said and everyone eyes widen.

"Don't joke around, Seongsaengnim." Leeteuk said, trying to laugh but it came out as a squeak.

"He's not joking, Teukie." Ben said.

"Wha... what happen? He can't be dead? Why is he dead? Hyung?!" Changmin yelled, grabbing Ben collar.

"Brain tumor.... I am sorry guys, but it's Hyung request. I can't tell anyone." Ben explain and Changmin let his collar go.

Victoria stood up and slap Ben face.

"How could you not tell us something this serious even if Oppa said so. It's a serious matter. How could you?!" Victoria scream.

She tried to slap him again but her members pulled her away from the man. Lee Soo Man clear his throat and everyone look at him.

"Don't blame the man. He is just doing what Kangta wanted. There is something that Kangta wanted all of you to see. This CD."

Lee Soo Man held out the CD. He had watch it in his car while coming to the concert and Kangta clearly wanted them to watch this. It's is his last words to them.