Chapter 3

Hope

 

 

 

At night, everybody went out for BBQ near the pool. They were having fun together for the first time. Half of them were singing and swimming in the pool. Whereas the others were at the small bar that Tiffany make, drinking. The underage group stare at the adults in envy. They were relaxing themselves, trying to forget about their upcoming stressful concert tomorrow.

The next day, everyone gather at the lobby, waiting for their buses. As the bus reached, the went in. Kangta had pulled Boa, Yunho and Leeteuk together, sitting with him. The three of them were curious by the sudden act but they ignore it. They sat in the seats in silence. Kangta was talking with his manager on the phone but ended the call soon. He turn to them and smile brightly, causing Boa to be uneasy. She doesn't like the way he's smiling.

"Boa-ah, Yunho-ah and Teukie-ah...." Kangta paused.

"You three had done a great job in leading the KPOP music industry. I'm very proud of you three and also the others. You guys really live up to your name. That's very hard for an idol group to do but you guys did a wonderful job and I am really proud. If there's something might happen in the future, I could always trust the three of you along with Dana, Jay, J-Min Taeyeon, Onew, Victoria, Suho and Kris to lead SM and the music industry." Kangta spoke, staring at the floor with a smile on his face.

"I don't like the way you talk, Oppa. What's going on? Are you retiring? Oppa?" Boa asked, panic.

"Teukie-ah, Yunho-ah, I could trust you to lead the company along with Boa right?" Kangta continue, ignoring Boa question.

"Neh, hyung." Both answer.

"But why are you telling us this? Are you retiring, hyung?" Leeteuk asked.

"Ani. Just wanted to tell you guys that. To think ahead of the future." Kangta answer.

"Hyung..."

"Remember I used to say that I start my life in SM and I'm going to end my life in SM too. I'm not leaving SM, so don't worry. I can't always be here forever. Someday, I will pass on and you three have to lead this company along with the others like how I do. Being the role model and all."

"Stop it, Oppa! You're saying as if you're leaving us. You are NOT leaving us alright! I don't want to listen anymore of this conversation. You're scaring me." Boa scream, she was about to cry when she heard Kangta weird words. Kangta was never like this.

Kangta look at Boa and chuckled. He reach out for Boa hair and messes her hair.

"I was just joking, Boa. I'm not going any where. Even if I am, I will always be in your heart and memory." Kangta replied. Boa nodded her head.

Boa wipe her tears and hug Kangta tightly. Muttering something in his ear. As they broke the hug, Kangta began to cough badly. His tan face turn pale, making the trio scared.

"Oppa, what's wrong?" Boa asked, panic.

"Ani, just alittle tired. The weather it's not to my liking." Kangta replied.

"There's blood on your lip, hyung." Yunho pointed out, taking a tissue to wipe the blood.

"It always happen when I'm not comfortable with the weather. Normal thing."

"I'll take you to the doctor." Boa said.

"No, I will go with my manager. Don't worry, ok. I'm fine. Really. You should go now, we have arrive." Kangta said.

"But..."

"I'll be fine. I'll meet you guys at the concert. Don't worry."

The trio walk out last after the others left. But before they left, Kangta called them.

"If anything happens to me, lead SM. The others look up on you so don't disappoint them." Kangta said, Leeteuk open his mouth to talk but the bus door close quickly.

The trio look at each other, they have a heavy feeling about Kangta words.

 

 

In the hotel room, Kangta were packing his clothes in his bag. He didn't go to the doctor but instead he went straight to his hotel room. His manager were waiting for him in the living room.

"Hyung!" The manager called. "Did Lee Soo Man know about you leaving the family concert?" He asked.

"Yeah. I told him a few hours ago. Saying I was not well and got a high fever" Kangta replied in the room.

Kangta grab his passport and belonging and place it in his bag but before leaving the room, he took a CD and slip it in his jeans.

"Mianhe." He mumble to himself.

Kangta went to the bathroom to switch off the light. He stop walking when his vision is blurry. He took a deep breathe and walk again but slip on the wet floor, making him fall and hit his head hard on the sink and on the floor. The manager rush to the room when he heard the noise. He gasped as he saw blood flow from Kangta head. The manager, grab Kangta and shook him but he couldn't wake up. He began to panic. Screaming at Kangta name continuously before calling the ambulance.