chapter 1

Hope

Noises were heard in the meeting room. Laughing, shouting and giggling were everywhere. Anyone who will walk by will truly be annoyed by the high level noise created but... this is SM Family Artists, these kind of noise is normal in SM Building especially during the midst of preparing for SM TOWN LA. All of them were waiting for the chairman and their director to arrive, namely, Lee Soo Man and Kangta.

 

 

Lee Soo Man look up as his door open slowly revealing his oldest artist, Kangta. He stop his paperwork and watch as Kangta stood infront of him, bowing in respect. The elder man smile and entwine his fingers together while resting on his chin. He knew whatever Kangta here for it's had to be important.

"Seongsaengnim...." Kangta called, avoiding eye-contact. Seeing the latter reaction, Lee Soo Man began to wonder his intentions.

"Neh, is there something you wanted to tell me, Kangta? Something important or something, something?"

"I had never ask anything from you nor complain too but if you could do me a huge favour...." Kangta pause his words and look straight in the elder man eyes with confidence. "For the upcoming concert in LA, I had discuss with Mr Kim that the finale song will still be HOPE."

"May I ask why? I thought that we will be doing We Are The Future? Is there a reason to why you wanted that song to remain as the finale?"

Kangta kept his silence as Lee Soo Man question him. He began to stammer his words before regaining himself back.

"I don't want them to easily lose hope like me." Kangta voice up. "I don't want them to experience like what I experience. I don't want history to repeat itself again but this time it's on them." He whisper softly, as his eyes shifted to the soft carpet on the floor.

Upon hearing Kangta words, Lee Soo Man smile and patted the boy head. "Family bond, spirit and care are important to you and I will respect that."

With that Lee Soo Man order the managers to gather the artists in the meeting room for an urgent meeting in the company.

 

 

The room became silence as the two man walk in. All level of noise drop like a temperature and if a pin would fall you could hear it. Kangta chuckled as his hoobaes pretend to be innocent reminding it of him during his days as an idol group members where H.O.T., S.E.S., Shinhwa and Fly To The Sky members would make wild noise in the room and will immediately turn from little devil helpers to sweet angels lovers.

"Apparently guys, we are going to stick to the same finale song." Kangta voiced, going straight to the point. Many groans were heard but it died when Lee Soo Man clear his throat, glaring at the older boys.

"I thought we are going to sing We Are The Future. I even learn the steps." Jonghyun protest, while dancing to the song, showing them his hardwork.

"Hope is a very special song. We Are The Future is special too but HOPE, had a greater meaning. You guys are the future but tell me, if you felt that you had no choice, you are at the edge of the cliff, all of your trust and faith are gone within seconds and there's nothing for you to do, what can you do?"

Everyone kept quiet as Kangta ask them a questions. The are baffled by the sudden question.

"I know some of you don't understand what I'm trying to say but remember guys... we are one family. If there is any kind of trouble we are in, I want you guys to NEVER forget to keep hoping. When you felt you lost your will to live or became an idol, never ever forget to Hope because that's the only thing that will keep you alive. Keep on hoping till the end."

"Oppa, why are you saying all of this suddenly?" Jessica ask from the corner. Kangta smile.

"Ani. It's just that this song means alot to me and I want everyone as in everyone in the world to know this song. Hope is a powerful thing just like love." Kangta added. They nodded their head eventhough nobody understand him fully.

"Right then." Kangta clap his hand in glee. Everyone attention were on him. "Let do some bargin ok?"

"What kind of bargin?" Sungmin ask his vocal teacher.

"IF~~~~" Kangta pause as he giggle softly. "I had a serious talk with our Chairman and he agree that IF this concert in LA is a huge success..."

Kangta pause purposely, examining the hyper expression on each artists.

"You guys will get a week holiday." Kangta answer.

"A week holiday?"
"Hey, I know where they will bring us.... the countryside."

Everyone groan at Amber words. Kangta laugh loudly as they began to protest about being in the countryside for their holiday. He clear his throat catching everyone attention.

"Hyung... you won't shift us to the countryside right? I mean, there's nothing wrong there but I was hoping maybe... somewhere out of Korea...." Yunho ask, showing his puppy dog eyes.

"Who said about you staying at Korea for holidays. I meant..." Kangta pause his words purposely again.

"OPPA!!!!!!"
"HYUNGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!"

The artist groan at Kangta suspense.

"I book a flight for all of you on a holiday to Paris, France." Kangta said seriously.

Nobody cheer. Nobody believe their sunbae words.

"Oppa, seriously? You're not joking right?" Boa ask. Kangta nodded.

"Us actress too?" Ara ask, Kangta nodded.

"We, new rookies who just debuted few months ago too?" Kris ask and Kangta nodded.

Upon receiving the news, everybody began to cheer happily. Kangta smile as he saw his family smiles. He turn to his boss and smile at him before he was fall backwards on the floor by Super Junior hug followed by the rest on the family.

"You know... suddenly I can't wait to perform at LA." Shindong said from the corner he was standing. Kangta smile from below his hoobaes as the squishing him from below.

"Hyung..." Shindong called.

"Neh, Shindong-ah." Kangta answer as he can't see the light.

"I love you." Shindong spoke before throwing himself above the pile of people squishing ontop of Kangta.

"My bones.... My old and pitiful bones... it's broken." Leeteuk cried from below, feeling the impact. along with Kangta.