CHAPTER 9

Best Friends

Three days before my birthday... Changjo kept apologizing to me because he freaking forgot my birthday. We've been celebrating each others birthday since we were young. I'm so pissed right now. I just hate him. How dare he to forgot his best friend's birthday. 

Me and Hayoung - his girlfriend - share the same birth date (unfortunately). I may sound so mean now, but eversince he meddle to me and Changjo's friendship everything just sank. I mean, we had lesser time to spend with each other. Okay, I'm jealous. I admit it. Who wouldn't be? If you saw your crush walked by the hallway holding his girlfriend's hands, wouldn't you react? C'mon, everyone of us have feelings. I'm sure you'd ever thought of pulling that girl's hair. Good thing, we just thought of that kind of scenarios. As for me, Hayoung is my girl best friend and Changjo is my forever best friend. So basically, my two best friends were dating each other, and the worst part was I like Changjo. But, he doesn't know it. 

 

It was lunch time and as usual I am sitting beside Zelo. He has been a really good friend to me and I'm currently thinking of making him as my new best friend. Nah! I'm joking. I like Zelo, not that kind like like Changjo. I like him as a friend. He always make me laugh when I was depressed, sad, and worried. 

"So," Zelo said while eating his sandwich. "How was the preparation?"

I sipped on my juice and the thoughts of Changjo not being there occupied my mind. I quickly shooked them off. "Pretty fine. Junho oppa and Jia unnie were actually the ones who's facilitating the party." I answered. "They were actually more excited than me."

He chuckled and grabbed my juice. He put his lips in to the straw and sipped. "What the ...?" Are the words I could only utter.

"Sorry, I didn't bought any juice." He gave me that boyish grin. If I was one of his fangirls I would probably dead by now. Zelo is cute without even trying it.  

"Thief." I scoffed. "So yeah, about the party. You're coming right?" 

Zelo gave me an apologetic look and I started to panic. "Don't tell me you're not coming. Zelo I've been telling you about my party last 2 weeks. Oh my gosh." I stood up and about to leave when Zelo grabbed my wrist and made me sat again.

He gave me a serious look. I was about to cry. "Who says I'm not going?" Zelo smiled.

"You bastard." I gave him a light punch on his stomach and bowed my head down the table. I started to sob. 

He pinched my waist and I jerked back. I am ticklish. "I'm sorry, baby girl." He ruffled my hair and stood up. 

Does he just called me baby girl? Junho oppa and Changjo were actually the ones who calls me baby girl. But Zelo saying it was just unreasonable. I felt so happy when he addressed me baby girl. It gives me that warm feeling and tingling sensation on my stomach. It was the same feeling every time Changjo calls me baby girl. I don't know I just felt so happy that I didn't noticed that I was grinning like an ahjumma. I MIGHT fall for Zelo but my feelings for Changjo is so strong that I literally cried when I saw him and Hayoung kissing in the hallway looking so happy. I quickly wiped my tears and rubbed my eyes because Zelo saw me.

I looked up to him and tried to smile as I say, "I'm alright. Don't worry." This was the second time I saw Changjo and Hayoung kissed. I felt broken again. Why? Let me rephrase what I just said earlier. I don't like Changjo, I LOVE HIM. I love him although I'm already hurting myself.

 

When I got home I saw Junho oppa and Jia unnie being lovey dovey with each other. I smiled and plunged between them. I grabbed the remote and changed the channel. 

"OMO! INFINITE!" I squealed. Their "The Chaser" music video was being played and I started to fangirl... with Jia unnie. My brother frowned and shoved me away the sofa. I landed on the floor not caring how my sore. 

"Honey." I heard Junho oppa's consoling voice.

"Junho, later... Oh my freaking gosh. HOYA, WHY ARE YOU SO HOT?" Jia unnie screamed. She's a Hoya fan. We love INFINITE. They were just so hot, cute, adorable, dork, funny, honest, talented, good-looking, and TOO MANY TO MENTION. 

It was the chorus part sung by Woohyun. Me and unnie were singing with him.

Geunyoreul jikyora

Naritji mothage

Nae nimi gyesin got

Kkeutkkaji garyonda

Nae mami geu ...

The TV suddenly blacken and I started to panic. I was watching the awesome INFINITE when the TV - the freaking television screen - turned black. I stood up and grabbed my brother's collar not caring whoever he was. Or what's my relationship with him. Do not ever messed with me when I am watching K-Pop music videos, variety shows or whatever. Do not disturbed me when I was in the middle of spazzing.

"YAH! WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?" I shouted at my brother. "ARE YOU EVEN AWARE OF YOUR ACTIONS? YOU JUST FREAKING PRESSED THE RED BUTTON ON THE REMOTE AND THAT'S THE REASON WHY THE TV TURNED OFF. THAT WAS WOOHYUN OPPA'S PART. DO YOU EVEN KNOW HOW IMPORTANT HIS PART WAS? DO YOU EVEN KNOW INFINITE? HUH? WHY DID YOU DO THAT? ANSWER ME." I kept on shaking his collar which made him dizzy.

"Yah! I didn't do it." He denied. Jia unnie grabbed my hands and shooked them off oppa's collar. I was startled with her next action.

"WHAT IS YOUR FREAKING PROBLEM, LEE JUNHO? DO YOU WANT ME TO BREAK UP WITH YOU?" Jia unnie questioned and that left Junho oppa stunned.

"I did it." We heard a voice coming from the back and we quickly turned around.

"Changjo?" I whispered. And that feelings again. Ugh! I have an emotional problem. A serious one. One minute I was so happy and one minute I'd be so sad. I need a psychiatrist.

He shrugged. "I kept on getting your attention but you were to focused to your L oppa that you didn't even noticed me." 

"Why are you here?" Junho oppa asked. 

"I want to hang out with Hye Mi."

"Why?" I suddenly heard my own voice echoed in the house.

"I just feel hanging out with you." His voice sounds so bored.

"You just suddenly feel?" I whispered.

"Yeah!" He nonchalantly answered and strided towards my bedroom. 

"I'm sorry." Jia unnie spoke. "Junho-yah!"

Oppa crossed his arms and pouted. "No." Unnie kissed oppa's lips. Junho oppa tried not to gave in but unfortunately Jia unnie's charm was more powerful than his pride. "I won't ever disturbed you again." And oppa started to cuddle Jia unnie.

 

I walked through my bedroom and when I entered I saw Changjo lying on my bed making himself comfortable. His hands were above his head covering his eyes. I stared at him for a moment, cherishing his features. Even though with his eyes were covered he looked like a man who just sent down to heaven. Was he an angel? Because for me, he's my angel.

"Hye Mi" He bore his eyes to me tiredly.

"Hm?" 

"What if we end our friendship?" He blurted.

A hot liquid escaped on my eyes. What does he just said? 

 

A/N: Hello there! I am really really sorry for my grammatical errors. I am seriously working hard with my grammars and vocabulary. I'm starting to read a lot of books now so that I could get some ideas. I just finished "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" and it was really good. I was amazed about the way how he wrote the book. It was so different than the other books out there. So yeah, I'm really sorry about the redundancy of the words and grammatical errors.