CHAPTER 3

Best Friends

 

“Okay, I’ll help you.”

I’m. An. Idiot. Why did I agree? Ugh. I can’t resist Changjo’s cuteness. You see, he did a very rare action awhile ago. What kind of action? Well, he ONLY just did that ‘bbuing bbuing’ stuffs. Aegyo overload. For the past 9 years that Changjo and I knew each other, this is the first time I saw him so desperate and did that kind of cute actions. I admit it; it gives me a little tingling sensation inside my stomach, because he’s just TOO CUTE. But after realizing why he did that I suddenly turned my back at him which made him wailed like a whale and that’s the time I said that most hurtful phrase that I ever said in my whole life, “Okay, I’ll help you.”

We’re at Myeong Dong right now. I said to Changjo that he can go home now because I can manage myself. He said no because our date are not still over.

We will enter a store and will get out after a few minutes. We did it like 20 times? I don’t know. And then finally I saw this necklace and immediately buy it. I’m sure Eun Gyo unnie will like this. I smiled at myself.

“Is that for Eun Gyo noona?” Changjo asked.

I nodded.

 

I asked Changjo to drive me home now because I’m so tired, sleepy, hungry and at the same time heartbroken. How can I think properly when I’m hungry? How can I start a conversation when I’m sleepy? How can I open my mouth when I’m tired? And how can I have the guts to speak to Changjo when he is the reason why am I heartbroken? Ugh. I. Need. To. Go. Home. Like seriously.

After 1 hour of driving. Dammit, heavy traffic. We reached my home.

“Wow! That was a record.” Changjo said out of the blue. I just looked at him, dumbfounded.

“1 hour without talking, ranting, shouting, or screaming. That was indeed a record, Mimi-ah.” I was also shocked when he said that. What does he called me? Mimi? Mimi? MIMI!

“YAH! DON’T CALL ME THAT!” I furrowed my eyebrows. I hate that nickname, it’s so childish.

He chuckled. “That’s it. I just feel uncomfortable awhile ago. I’m not used to the quiet Hye Mi.” He said and caressed my cheeks. Thousands of fireworks have been exploded in my brain. My pituitary gland isn’t working well. I slapped his hands, unconsciously.

“Don’t touch me, Hyunnie!” I exclaimed

“I love that nickname.” He giggled girlishly. Pfft. This jerk. Stop doing that kind of things. It keeps me falling for you. “Okay, go now.” He hugged me. Asdfghjkl. Changjo hugged me. “Don’t forget your promise, arasseo?” He whispered to my ear. He nuzzled to my hair before he finally freed me.

“What kind of promise?” Okay, what promise? Did I promise him something?

He frowned. “You’ll set a date for me and Hayoung.”

Oh yeah. I forget it. The moment Changjo caressed my face, hugged my body, and nuzzled my hair I totally forgot what had happened earlier. “Of course. I was just kidding you.” I faked a smile, but what I had just said, he’s too naive to know that.

 

I removed my shoes, untied my ponytail, dropped my bag, and settled myself on the floor.

“AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!” I screamed really loud that after a few seconds you can hear several knocks on my door.

I stood up and twisted the knob. And a shock face can be seen in my face. A handsome man is standing outside my door.

“OPPA!” I threw my arms in his neck and a pair of hands is now resting on my waist.

“How are you little sister?”

“I’m fine!” I sounded like a totally fine person when I’m not.

He removed my arms in his neck and faced me. I pouted and then he suddenly pecked my lips. “YAH!” I punched his chest. Why did he freaking kiss me?

“Why? Is that lips now taken? Who own that lips? Tell me!” A playful eyebrow is can be seen in his annoying face. “IS IT CHANGJO?!” He shouted unreasonably and made me gasp.

“NO!” I shouted back but not as loud as him. That voice had a little tinge of sadness on it. “Junho oppa, you’re so annoying.” I marched towards my bed like an angry kid.

“So it’s not Changjo? Then who is the unlucky guy?” Ugh. He’s seriously annoying. This morning I was like ‘wow! What a nice day.’ and now I was like ‘what a bad day.’ First, Changjo’s sudden confession, second, my annoying handsome brother is now home and he’s seriously doing his job.

He snapped his finger and smiled to himself. “Ah right. Who will like you anyways? You’re weird, nerd, fashion terrorist...” Stop it you poop. “Talkative, smart , talentless, loud...” He continued. And then a single teardrop rolled into my cheeks. I was about to wiped it when Junho oppa holds my wrist. “I forgot to tell you that I was a big fat liar.” He hugged me tightly. “You’re perfect! You’re smart, pretty, talented person.” He cooed. “But the talkative and loud part is true.” I know to myself that I’m a talkative and loud person.

“You will find your prince charming soon, li’l sis. You’re too young to experience heart break. There are lots of good-looking guys out there. Stop revolving your world around Changjo.” I freed myself from his hug and looked at him.

“I know! I can read your eyes. Although, how happy your eyes look I know that behind those is a hurting heart.” My oppa knows me really well. I smiled at him forcedly.

Junho oppa knew that I have feelings towards Changjo. He knew it from the very start. I don’t know how, but I’m grateful that he did. I sometimes share some of my moments with Changjo. It’s a little awkward because he’s a guy, but who cares he’s my brother anyways. I love my brother so much.

“How’s Busan?” He had a vacation in Busan which made me really jealous because I also want to go home in our hometown.

“Beautiful. I’ll take you there in winter vacation, okay?” I nodded like a kid. “Where are Mom and Dad?”

“Macau.” I simply said. It’s nothing new. Even though they’re not always with us they always make sure to keep in touch, that’s why our family is an example of happy family. And every time they have a vacant time, they always used it with us.

My stomach starts to grumble. Ah. I’m hungry!

“Haven’t you eaten yet?” He asked.

I shook my head.

“Aigoo.”

 

Did I tell you that my brother is a really good cook? He’s a perfect husband. If he’s not my brother, he’ll be my boyfriend. Kidding. I really loved he’s cooking. Yumyumyum.

“How is it?”

“Good. Very Good.” I raised my two thumbs. This food is really delicious.

“Hey hey hey. Calm down. No one will steal that from you.” He patted my back.

I gulped down the soup and wiped my lips. “Your ramen is the best.”

 

 

Sunday is just as fast like flash. We go to church, after that we eat in a luxurious restaurant. Mom and dad already arrived in Seoul.

 

It’s Monday again. Days are so fast. Why is Friday so close to Monday, while Monday is soooo far to Friday. Life.

It’s Biology and our ulzzang teacher Mr. Kim Jaejoong is inside our room.

“Class, you have a new classmate.” He announced. “Please come in now.” And a blonde hair-ed guy walks into our classroom. He looks familiar. Wait, is it that...

“Hello everyone, I’m Choi Joon Hong you can call me Zelo. Nice to meet you.” He introduced himself.

Zelo, my long-time suitor, he is my suitor in middle school. Mid-January he already stopped courting me. Zelo, is Changjo’s cousin, closest cousin.

“You can sit beside Lee Hye Mi. Hye Mi-ssi please raise your...” Zelo cuts Mr. Kim.

“No need. I already know her.” He said and smiled at me.

 

He sits beside me. “Hi!” I greeted

“Hi!” He greeted back. “How are you?”

“I’m fine. You?”

“I’m fine too.”

AWKWARD! How can you not be awkward to the person who liked you before?

 

Biology, Math, Music and Arts is finally finished. Break time!

I sling my bag to my shoulder and was about to go out when someone grabs my wrist. Why everyone does like grabbing my wrist? I looked back and saw Zelo.

“Hey, can you look me around?”

“Sure. Come let’s go to the Cafeteria.” During break Changjo usually practice in the gym. So, I don’t mind touring Zelo around the campus.

We reached the cafeteria. I ordered some sandwich and milk while Zelo ordered the same. We sit down and started to eat.

AWKWARD!

“It’s awkward isn’t it?” Zelo asked. Thank you Zelo for speaking up, you know I’m not used to quiet people.

“Yeah!”

And the chair beside me suddenly pulled and a sweaty Changjo can be seen. OMG! He’s freaking hot. “Why are you here?” I asked.

“Am I not allowed to be here?” He grabbed my milk and drinks from it. “Hey man!” He greeted Changjo and they did their infamous handshake. I scoffed.

Hayoung suddenly pops out besides Zelo. “How dare you to ditch me, Hye Mi.” She faked cries.

“Huh?” I asked dumfounded.

“Kidding. Hey you are Zelo, right?” Right, the ‘kidding’ is for me and the question is for Zelo. Zelo nodded. “I’m Oh Hayoung.” She said. “Hi there, Changjo.” Changjo flinched. He’s blushing, oh my goodness.

“You’re too obvious.” I whispered in to his ear. And then he coughed.

“Why are you so red Changjo-ssi? Are you sick?” Hayoung asked. Yes, he’s totally sick. Sick of you.

 

The four of us, I, Changjo, Zelo, and Hayoung was totally in an awkward atmosphere. Thanks for Hayoung to all the talking I managed to cope up. I’m thankful that were talkative.

I just hate seeing Changjo drooling all over Hayoung. Every time Hayoung laugh, he will laugh. She will giggle, he’ll giggle too. Pfft. What's so good about Hayoung? Okay, I'm jealous. Bitterness explosion.

I caught Zelo’s eyes and he's staring at me. We stared for a bit. Oh yeah. Staring contest. He finally broke it and looks oh his left.

"You're such a fool, Hye Mi-ah." He whispered. Since I have a big and clean ears, I heard it properly. I know! I'm such a pitiful fool.

 

Author's note.

Annyeong~! *bbuing bbuing*

Yeah. Update. 

Kim Jaejoong made a cameo. Asdfghjkl.

Lee Junho is Hye Mi's friggin handsome brother. Don't take their kiss too seriously. It's a brother-sister kiss. I just love Junho. Junho's eyes is just usflafhisfafjs. Eye smile. :">. I almost fell in love with Junho after writing that part. Hyemi and Junho? No no no! Although I loved too, but the plot will be destroyed. Kekeke ^^

And, BAP's maknae in the house. ZELO! The next chapters will be flooded of dramas (I think).

Zelo is still my oppa. He's a 96-er and I'm 97-er. Yey!

Keep subscribing. XOXO ♥♥♥