CHAPTER 8

Best Friends

Days passed by quickly and next week is now my birthday.

Everything changed. Zelo was now the one who always picked me up at home and drive me to school. He was always beside me during lunch. And we walked each other during dismissal. As time passed by, I grew closer to Zelo. I learned about how he loves to skateboard and eat cherry tomato while he's studying. He was also planning to change his hair to blue. I don't know why he was in to hair dye, even though, he still have a bouncy and soft hair. I sometimes envy his hair. As a girl, how could he have a softer hair than mine? And if you're asking how I know he have a soft hair, he let me touch his hair. He said that no one was allowed to touch his hair except for me. I don't know the reason but I feel so important. In comparison of Zelo and Changjo's hair, I will pick Changjo because his hair was less bright. And speaking of him, we never talked this whole week. I'm not avoiding him. He was always with his girlfriend and I don't want to be the third wheel. I'm still broken but what can I do, he was madly in love with her.

I was at home together with my brother. We were planning for my upcoming birthday. The theme is neon. My brother picked it for me, he said that it was a rare theme. My fashion designer which was my brother's girlfriend were the one who is making my dress.

Soon, she pushed me into my room and let me wear a neon dress.

"Unnie, isn't this too short." I shouted as I fix the dress trying to make it longer.

"Just come out, okay? And don't stretch the fabric." She warned.

I slowly walked my way from the door. I opened it slowly and poked my head outside first. Unnie pulled my wrist impatiently. I pouted. Her eyes glittered and her lips formed a smile. "You look pretty, dongsaeng."

"Thanks. I guess." I murmured and made a face.

"You don't like it? I mean, I could make you another one." She smiled. Well, apparently, it's no big deal for her if I asked her to make another one since she really like to make dresses. 

I shooked my head and said, "No, I like it." I smiled.

"You sure? It doesn't matter to me if I make you another one." 

"Why are you guys taking up so... WOAH!" Junsu oppa gasped as he was striding the stairs he stumbled and almost slipped backwards, good thing he managed to balance himself. "Baby sis, You look pretty amazing." He shrieked and hugged the waist of his girlfriend. "You're the best Jia."

"I know right." She giggled.

I was actually wearing a blue top and a yellow skirt. It wasn't really that fashionable when I first saw it. Although, this might be embarassing I cannot deny the fact that it really suites me well.

Mr. Yong came to the living room where we were currently decorating my invitation. "Annyeong Haseyo. Ms. Hye Mi, you have a visitor."

"Me? Who?" I looked up to him. He's really old now. I'm glad that he stayed with us. Actually, Mr. Yong doesn't have a wife nor children. We were with him since I was born. He was really like a 2nd father for me and oppa.

"Mr. Jonghyun." He smiled.

"Changjo?" I asked in disbelief. Why is he here?

"Yo." I heard Changjo's voice from behind and Mr. Yong bowed down and take his leave.

"Why are you here?" I asked him.

"Why? I can't be here?" He pouted. Oh my gosh, he was so cute. "Annyeong Haseyo, Junho hyung and Jia noona." He made his way to the entertainment room, I followed him. Don't he dare to touch my PS3.

Okay. I play Tekken. I'm currently customizing Lili and trying to learn all the moves of Allissa. Don't he just dare to reset it again. Changjo have this attitude of pissing someone off and resetting all my customized players because he says that it will lose the true character of the player. He doesn't make any sense.

"Don't reset it." I sternly warned him as he grabbed the controller from the floor.

He smirked. "Too bad then." And that's it he freaking pressed reset.

"CHANGJO!" I whined. Okay, I'm having a serious mental breakdown.

He was playing Tekken while I was there sitting at the corner of the room. I am seriously pissed off now. I stood up and propped myself beside him and grabbed the second controller.

"Okay. Game on." He said.

I chose Lili since I mastered all her moves, and Changjo chose Heihachi. And the game begins. Lili made a low kick and successfully hit Heihachi and fell down. Heihachi quickly recovered and make a high kick but Lili quickly dodged it. One last hit and Heihachi will lose. And, YES, I won.

"Huh! I won. Weak. Gosh are you a guy? How can a girl beat you?" I stucked my tongue out. Changjo continued to curse.

"I lost in purpose, you know, I'm such a gentleman." He patted his own shoulder and smiled to himself.

"Jerk."

And there was an awkward atmosphere in the room. Since last week, me and Changjo never met. "So, why are you here?"

"I missed my best friend." He smiled softly. I looked deeply in his eyes and all I can see was sincerity. "I was kinda jealous when you and Zelo always hang out. I mean, I'm your best friend right? You should only hang out with me."

"Pfft. You were always with Hayoung that's why I don't have a choice but to be with Zelo." I said truthfully. "But, Zelo was really nice to me. And I'm currently thinking of replacing my best friend." I teasingly said. He frowned.

"Not funny." He crossed his arm over his chest and looked away like a child. "Oh yeah. Hye Mi."

"What?"

"Hayoung invited me on her birthday." His cheeks reddened. "It's next Friday."

"Huh? But it's the same as my birthday." I said sadly. I looked up to him and he seems shocked by my announcement. "Don't tell me you forgot it."

There was a long paused. "Hye Mi."

"Oh my god, Choi Jonghyun." I walked to my room and locked it. Totally pissed off. It's kinda okay for me when he reset my game, but now he freaking forgot my birthday. He said that he was jealous of my closeness with Zelo but he was actually the one scooting off. 

"Hye Mi-ah" Changjo knocked on my door. "I could still come to your birthday." He said trying to make up to me. 

"Go away for now. I seriously hate you today." For the first time, I showed my true feelings.