CHAPTER 7

Best Friends

So.... It's just me and him.

We're walking slowly. Changjo who is ahead of me. My earphones were still stucked on my ears but I already turned off the music. The atmosphere was quiet but not awkward. I was fiddling my fingers - it's a mannerism. Not paying attention to the road, I hit Changjo's back.

"Stupid." He chuckled. I pouted still fiddling with my fingers. "You still have that mannerism. Stop it." He grabbed my wrist. I stayed quiet, afraid to talk.

It seems like time has stopped, Changjo was staring deeply at me. I stared back at him, not knowing what to do or what to say. I'm scared that I might say something wrong. Changjo my best friend, my unrequited love. 

"I'm sorry." He softly whispered. "It's just that, I love Hayoung." I shift my gaze and my inner cheeks to prevent my tears for rolling. "Hye Mi, you could understand, right? I want to be by her side every seconds of my life. I mean, I'm just so deeply in love. I'm sorry that I forgot you earlier." He continued.

"I understand." It's the only phrase I managed to say. "I understand, Jonghyun-ah. You know that I'm happy for the both of you, right? I'm happy to see you smile when you're around her." I lied. The sounds of my heart crashing can be heard every time I spoke a word. 

"I'm grateful that I have a best friend like you."

 

Ignoring the greetings of our maids, I ran to my room and locked my door. I scrambled to the floor and start sobbing. I couldn't take this anymore. Why my best friend? Why? In all of the guys in South Korea, why him? My phone rang indicating a text message. I swipe it, and saw Zelo's name. 

To: Hye Mi

Good evening! How was the walk? Are you okay?

- Zelo.

I liked how Zelo was still my friend even though I rejected him in middle school. Actually, I'm very thankful that he came to my life when Changjo and Hayoung started dating. Zelo was always there every time I needed my best friend.

To: Zelo

It went fine. I'm okay. And it wasn't awkward. I'm tired, let's talk at school, arasso?

- Hye Mi

Once again, I lied. Lying wasn't actually my thing but that's the only way to say that 'don't worry, I'm definitely fine.' when I am honestly not. I hope someone would knock at my door and ask what happened. 

*knock knock

"Hye Mi-ah, are you there?" A voice of a man said behind my door. "It's Junho oppa. Open up." I hurriedly open my door and slung my arms on his neck. He entered my room and closed the door. "What happened?" He whispered into my ear.

I looked to him and said, "Changjo." I muffled a cry. I can't bear saying his name properly. A grenade was stocked on my throat. 

"Again?" I nodded.

He untangled my arms and hold my shoulders, "Baby girl..." he sighed. "I know how hard it is to have this kind of love. I know how much you love Jonghyun-nie but I hope that you will realize that he just only sees you as his best friend." I started to cry again. Was it a comforting words? "Shhh. I know, but be realistic. You're strong and I know you could handle this situation. You're smart, beautiful, caring, lovable Hye Mi-ah, there's so many guys out there and in fact you're only 17. You're too young to be like this."

"Oppa. Me and Jonghyun can still be best friends, right? I mean, even though he have a girlfriend he's still my best friend. I hope our friendship would stay forever as we promised." I sniffed. But I don't want to be just best friends. It hurts me badly.

"Of course, baby girl." Junho oppa smiled and kissed my forehead. "Are you hungry? Oppa will cook for you."

"No thanks. I don't want ramen anymore. My cheeks swell." I frowned. "I'm going to wash up and sleep right away."

"Without eating?"

"Just get me an ice cream oppa." My stress food reliever. 

I want to get over from this, as soon as possible.

 

A/N: Hi guys. Chapter 7. /confettis. Bad news, I lost my freaking USB. That's the reason why I updated only now. I didn't saved this story on my laptop that's why I had a hard time re-typing this again. So yeah, hope you guys like this. :) ZELO or CHANGJO? =)))