In The Summer

Fixed Star (Hiatus)

It was one in the afternoon when I heard a knock on the door. I must have stood up quickly because everything seemed dark for a minute and my head suddenly started to hurt. I made my way to the door and opened it. I found a boy, standing in front of me, with a smile on his face. It took me a while to smile back at him. 

"Lets go out today." He offered. "The weather is nice."

Without hesitating or thinking twice I replied, "Okay."

"Let's forget about everything that happened and just enjoy today, okay?"

I nodded.

"Promise?"

"Promise" I answered as I smiled and held my right pinky up. 

He gave me a statisfied look and offered me his hands. Without caring, I accepted it and held it tightly. We walked along the path, neither one of us talking. I looked at him and realised that he gelled his hair back, exposing his forehead. I noticed that his hair was lighter than the last time I've seen him and he grew taller. He looked different now, when he wasn't smiling. He looked like my childhood friend with cheessy smile on his face but with that neutral look, his expression looked cold just like his brother's.

"When you don't smile, you really look a lot like your brother" I informed him.

He smiled straight away after hearing those words. "I know."

We continued walking, in silence again. My heart was suddenly thumping faster than it usually does when I was with him. He started to swing his arms, swinging my arms too as our hands were locked together. This made my ears go red and I could feel my face burning. Our pace slowed and the wind was blowing against us, giving me a refreshing feeling. 

He stopped and looked at me as he said "I like you. More than a friend.

Shocked and amazed by his confession, blood started to rush towards my face and ears. "Shin, I---"

"Think about it before you answer. I'm not in a rush and I want you to think for a while before giving me your answer." He started to walked again, tugging me along with him. 

I never really thought about Shin being my boyfriend. It was also quite an interesting timing to say it. I only found out yesterday that his brother was Myungsoo oppa. Well, one things for sure, he really knows when to say things. I really didn't know what to say to him later nor did I know what I felt towards him. I like him as a friend but another part of me like him more than a friend. Is that even possible? 

He brought me to a cafe I've never been to before. The smell of coffee danced it's way inside my nose, leaving me breathless. We took a sit and I was still looking at the cake and still enjoying the scent of coffee when he asked "What do you want to eat and drink?"

"Surprise me" I said as I grinned at him. 

After a few moments, he came back with a slice of strwaberry cake and hot chocolate topped with whipped cream and cocoa powder. I looked at it and I'm pretty sure my eyes were shining. I gave him a thumbs up and he chuckled at my reaction. 

"I didn't forget your love for strawberries" He said looking at the strwaberry cake. All I could do was give him a smile  as I scoffed it all up. 

"Where do you want to go next?" I asked, my mouth still full of strawberry cake. He took his phone out and took a picture of me. 

"To the park." He seemed satistfied as he looked at the picture. I was enjoying the cake and hot chocolate too much to even care about the picture. 

He stared at me while grinning as I drank the last bit of my hot chocolate leaving a stain of whipped cream above my upper lip. He leaned towards me as I shut my eyes really tight only to be embarrased as he laughed and wiped the cream off with his finger. 

"I wasn't going to reenact one of the famous kiss scene from a drama." He gigled again, making me blush. 

"Looks like you were tempted too" I teased. A smile appeared on his face as he stood up. 

"Lets go!

Once again, he took my hand and held it tightly. I didn't let go because it felt like my hand belonged in his. It seems like the other half of my heart won. I guess, I do feel something towards him. I smiled as I walked next to him, hand and hand. 

He stopped suddenly as he answered his phone. "Hyung.." His expression darkened. "I'm with Suzy at th---" He looked annoyed as he handed me the phone. 

"Hello?"

"Suzy-ah, it's Myungsoo oppa.." My heart started to beat faster. "I need to talk to you tonight. I'll be outside you're house at 12. It's really important. You can't tell Shin about this.

"Okay, oppa" Unaware of the words that I said, I handed the phone back to Shin. 

"Yes, hyung" Shin said before he hung up. "What did he say?"

"He just told me not to be hard on you and to obey mum." I lied, as I looked somewhere else. Luckily he didn't ask me anymore questions and we continued walking.

Things started to pop in my head, thinking about what Myungsoo oppa was going to tell me. What was it that was important? It made my heart beat faster just thinking about it. I didn't know, whether because I was nervous or excited. I wanted to know what he needed to tell me. It made me more curious and nervous as the time dragged.

We finally arrived at the park. The park where the cherry blossom tree lives. The park where I heard Myungsoo oppa sing his song. The park where everything went wrong. 

"What are doing here?" I asked as I frowned. 

"I know this park made bad memories for us but it was still you're favourite park. It's such a waste to aviod it just because something bad happened here." He said looking at the trees ahead. "I wanted to remind you that the things that happened here is the past. We don't need to remember what happened in the past whenever we walk in this path. I want to create a happy memory with you in this park so you could forget all the bad ones."

My heart was suddenly beating really fast and words couldn't come out from my mouth. Instead, I looked at him in the eyes when it all happened. He leaned towards me and kissed my lips softly. I didn't move away nor did I push him away. I stood here as I slowly close my eyes, waiting for our lips to separate. 

 

What a day. Who knew today, unexpected things would happen? Who knew today, my feelings would change? Who knew today, everything was going to change? I surely didn't.

I checked the time on my phone and it was midnight. I went down the stairs slowly and quietly, making sure there was no noise to wake my mum up. I opened the door and outside, sitting on a seat, was a boy who wore black clothes. He looked at me and stood up, smiling. 

"Ready to go?" Myungsoo oppa asked. 

"Go where?" I whispered. "I'm wearing my pajamas"

He looked at my clothes and laughed. He could be Shin's brother but their laugh was totally different. His laughter was funnier and it sounded silly while Shin's laughter was cute and adorable. He took  my hand and lead me out. 

"Where are we going?" I asked. 

"You'll wait and see."

"You're not kidnapping me, right?" I teased as he chuckled. 

"Not yet" He smiled as he looked at me.

He suddenly tripped which made me laugh so hard for quite a long time until my tummy started to hurt. He stopped and looked at me. I looked around and it was the park Shin brought me to earlier on today. It looked so different in the dark. The sight was still beautiful.

"This park..." He said looking around. "..where everything changed." He looked at me in the eyes. His look was so strong, I had to look away. "I'll make sure that after we've been here, this park will be full of happy memories.

I would have been less amazed if they were twins but they weren't. I'd be stunned if he did the same thing Shin did before. 

"When you were little, you said to me that you wanted to have your first kiss in this park where the cherry blossom tree lives.You said you wanted it to happen in the summer." He pasued before he added "It's summer." He stopped as he grabbed my face gently. "I like you." It was so quick that I didn't realise it. His lips touched mine. His lips were soft against mine and it felt like the world stopped spinning.