Can U Smile

Fixed Star (Hiatus)

"Ready?" Shin asks as he knocks on the door for the hundreth time. I opened the door and he lost his balance as he was leaning against the door staring at his phone. He looks up and grinned at me. "You look...." He trails off as he started to mkae his way down the stairs. 

"I LOOK WHAT?" I shouted after him waiting for a few more moments before I chased after him. As I was about to catch up with him, a voice echoed in my head. I can't really work out what's the voice is trying to say but something about that voice gives me the chills. I try to forget about it and continue to walk the down stairs. As I reached the bottom, I could see Shin eating pancakes with whip cream. It's 5pm and he's eating pancakes. Not weird at all. Neither of us said a word and I sat down next to him and stole some of his pancake. As I was about to put it in my mouth, a black converse caught my eye. Somehow, that black conversed seemed important. It seemed like it was trying to tell me something. Trying to make me remember something. Something in the past that I can't remember. I got a shock when Shin patted me really hard in the back. I looked at him and he looked surprise when he met my gaze.

"Are you okay? Is that shoe bothering you?" He said with a grin on his face.

"Who's shoe is that?" I asked not even bothered about his joke. He replied with silence and he kept staring at me like I've done something wrong. He knows something that I don't. "Spill it before I kill you" I threatened him. 

"Aren't you going? The concert is starting in an hour" My mum interrupted, realising the situation. I knew something was wrong and that something weird was going on. Something tells me that Shin and my mum knows something that I don't.

"Come on. We better go" He said pushing me. I didn't ask again and left it for the sake of the concert. This already put me in a bad mood and I didn't want to be furious when we were in the concert. 

His dad offered to drive us to the concert. We didn't reject the offer since we couldn't be bothered to wait for the train or the bus. In the car, Shin was silent as he kept staring out the window. I caught his gaze when I looked at his reflection in the window. Instead of turning round to look at me, he kept staring at him through the window.His gaze was threathing me. It gave me a feeling that Shin would never let me feel. The feeling of being hurt. After a few moments, I was the first one to look away. As I was about to say something, the voice echoed in my head again. This time it was clearer than the mumble it made before yet I still couldn't understand what it was saying. Before I couldn't tell if the voice belonged to a girl or a boy but now I can. It belonged to a boy's. The voice gave me a chill and it frightened me a little. There was something mysterious about this voice and I have a feeling I'm going to find out sooner or later. 

"Are you okay?" Shin asked looking worried. Did I looked worried? How could he tell that there was something wrong? My hand felt sweaty and as I looked down, I realise that I was holding his hand tightly. I looked at his eyes and something about his look warned me not to tell him about the voice. I could see my reflection in his eyes and he was waiting for me to say something. 

"I'm fine." I said coldly as I let go of his hand. He looks at me for a while then turns back his to the window. We arrived at the concert, Shin and I waited in the line. Not long after, the door opened. Every inspirit piled in one after the other. Some psuhing other and shouting because of their excitement. I feel nucious suddenly. I grabbed on Shin's arm to keep my blance. Luckily, he didn't ask nor say anything. As we took our place inside, the lights turned off suddenly and a video played. The video was Infinite playing with each other in the practice room and making fun of Sungyu and Sungjong. I could hear the voice again. The voice souned familiar and it was cold. I still didn't understand what it was saying. Am I going insane? Hearing voices all of a sudden? What's wrong with me? The video stopped and it was dark. A spotlight lit one by one until there was seven. Standing in those spotlight was Infinite. 

                                                                                                                                   

 

"That wasn't bad at all. I thought it would drag and it would be boring. It was really entertaining. I'm glad I came to watch with you." Shin said happily as we walked out of the building. I was sad that it was over but also quite pleased that it was. I never thought I would think that. 

"Me too. Told you they were amazing!" I said as we headed into his dad's car. I leaned my head against his shoulder and drifted of to sleep. 

 

 

I woke up the next morning with a headache. I looked at the clock and it was 10am. I lazed around and stayed in my bed till 12 and got ready. My mum was at work so I'm guessing there wasn't any food for me to eat. Right now, food will only make me happy. I went to the supermarket to buy ramen since it's the easiest food to cook. As I went to the drink section, I couldn't believe my eyes at the figure stood in front of me. Kim Myungsoo. Infinite's L. I walked slowly towards him, my hand shaking and my mouth open. He turned to look at me with a blank expression. This is weird. This expression... It reminds me of someone. Shin. Shin looks exactly like L with that blank expression. I started to think it was Shin for a second there. They really look alike. L smiled at me and said one word that nearly gave me a heart attack. That one word that I thought I would hear never him say. 

"Suzy?" L said warmly. How does he know my name? This was the second time I've seen him and I haven't even spoken to him yet nor did I say my name to him. I thought of all the websites that could have my picture with my name on it. Nothing. I don't have facebook and my twitter account doesn't have my real name or a picture of me but instead a picture of hello kitty under the name 'Inspirit2010'. So how does L know my name. I stood frozen and he looked shocked. His expression became darker like the cold L.

"How... how do you... know my...name?" I said still in shocked, my face still frozen. He kept starring at me like what Shin did the other night. I slowly stepped back when I heard the voice echo in my head again. The voice sounded familiar but I still couldn't figure who or where I heard it from before. Please, remember. The cold voice pleaded. 

 

"Don't go too far away! Always follow oppa okay?" My mum said as I left with oppa. We were on the way to the park where cherry blossoms live. At this time, people weren't at the park, I dind't know why and I always wondered about it. We walked slowly and oppa started to sing a song. I didn't know what the song was but it was soothing and the song suits oppa's voice really well.

"Oppa, when the song finishes, sing it again. The song is really nice!" I said smiling. Oppa gave me a nod who didn't stop singing. I was too excited and went ahead while oppa was still singing. I didn't go very far so that I could still hear him sing. The wind was strong and the cherry blossoms flew in the air. That was the prettiest thing I've ever seen. I stopped to catch one petal on my hand but before I could catch it, oppa started to shout. Before I could turn around to look at him and ask him what he said, a large impact hit my right side and I fell to the floor before I could even look at what it was. My right side started to feel numb and I tried to get up until oppa stopped me and told me that everything was going to be fine. Suddenly, everything became blurry and I couldn't see properly. Oppa grabbed my left hand and held it tightly. I looked up at his blurry figure and gave me him a smile. 

"It's okay, Suzy-ah. They're coming. They're on their way. Just hold on." He said and he sounded like he was crying.

"It's okay, I'm fine. I'll be fine." I said reassuring him. I felt sleepy and I felt like I was going to sleep any time soon. "Myungsoo oppa, can you smile for me?" I croaked. It seemed like my was going. I felt his kiss on my skin and everything out. 

 

I was brought back to reality and I didn't realise that I was crying. L started to walk slowly, looking worried. He froze and his hand started shaking when he heard me say the 2 words. "Myungsoo oppa....." my voice trailed off. I couldn't finish my sentence because I could see that in his eyes, water started to form. Just like the one word that made me froze, the 2 words made him froze. The voice echoed in my head again. You're starting to remember bit by bit. It's going to hurt you but it's better to know. The voice gave me strength to finish my sentence. I was still crying and his figure became blurry. Exactly what he looked like in the flashback. "Myungsoo oppa, can you smile for me?" I croaked.