Chapter 9

Amnesia [Currently Editing]

 

Why did I ever agree to something so childish?’ I thought to myself as Suho bounded towards me, resembling an excited little girl. Suho was the least of my problems right now. A few nights I did something, really stupid.

 “I’m so stupid,” I muttered. Suho greeted me with a smile and slung an arm around my shoulder, steering me down the road.

 “Shall we go eat?” He asked me, his eyes creased together as he smiled widely.  I nodded weakly, only half registering what he’d said. I shivered a little, the cold seemed to completely bypass the many layers I’d piled on and nipped into my skin. It was currently January 3rd 2013. Christmas and New years seemed to have passed by in a breath. I’d spent Christmas alone in my apartment; my only company was a bottle of wine and a box of chocolates that really didn’t taste like chocolate. Sad, aren’t I? Suho had offered to come round but I declined, knowing his family would rather him stay with them.

New years was eventful and not in a particularly good way. I was hoping just to spend it with Chanyeol, Suho and maybe Sehun if he’d finished getting depressed over Luhan, but Chanyeol found out there was a party at the office so he insisted that we all went. A small part of me hoped that for once they’d keep me sane and not get drunk and make complete fools out of themselves. Hoped.

I lost Suho almost straight away. He hung around for a while then left saying he wanted to go speak to a friend. I only saw him a couple of times after that, but he was with someone I remembered was called Kyuhyun and a boy that seemed to be overflowing with natural aegyo.

Chanyeol stayed with me for a while, but I kind of wish that he hadn’t. He got drunk. Since Chanyeol appears to be drunk even without consuming a drop of alcohol, you can probably see how that went. After a while he some how managed to escape from my sight and met Baekhyun out the front. The two of them managed to get up to one of the office floors without anyone seeing and…well…lets just say that they made a mess.

Sehun also got drunk. He spent a good hour crying on my shoulder before he spotted Jongin with ‘his precious little bambi’ - or Luhan, who he is more widely known as. Then, he attacked. I didn’t make out what he was saying, but I fled as soon as I heard my name and realised all eyes where on me. I quickly made my way out of the room and managed to get up to one of the top floors.

 

-Flashback-

I settled myself down on a seat and stared out the large glass window, watching the glowing city below me. I wasn’t entirely sure what room I was in, I’d never needed to come up this high before. I’m guessing it was someone’s office. Hopefully I wouldn’t get caught, but that was the last thing on my mind. I closed my eyes, enjoying the little amount of noise I could hear. It was peaceful, no other sounds apart from the faint hum from the music playing a few floors below, and the calming tick of the grandfathers clock that stood old, but proud in the far corner of the room.

 “This is my office you know,” A rough voice called from behind me. I immediately jumped up, bowing deeply.

 “I’m sorry, I didn’t know…I just…” I stopped, realising whoever it was, was trying to hold in their laughter. I looked up, frowning at the sight of a cocky looking Jongin, a smirk painted on his lips.

 “I thought you didn’t want to see me anymore?” I asked. He shrugged, sitting down on a couch not so far away from where he was stood before.

 “Seems like I can’t help it.” He opened the small mini fridge, bringing out a bottle of wine and too glasses.

 “You want some?” He asked, holding them in the air for me to see. I shook my head.

 “I better get back and see how Sehun’s doing…” I made my way towards the door.

 “Kyungsoo, don’t.” I hesitated. The hints of desperation in his voice making me rethink. I sighed, spinning around and taking a seat next to him, making sure I was as far away as I could be.

 “Only one.” I muttered, holding up a glass, he grinned, pouring my glass half full.

 “Of course, only one.”

 

A few glasses later, I was giggling like a little kid. I stood up, examining the room.

 “But wait,” I turned around, pointing an accusing finger at Jongin, who was smirking, amused at how easily I’d become so tipsy. I pouted momentarily before carrying on, “Isn’t your office on the same floor as mine?” He shrugged. I waited for a reply but one never came. “You’re a liar!” I sang, walking around the room, looking for a clue as to whose room we were in. I walked up to the desk, eyes scanning over the couple of framed pictures which were neatly placed on one side of the desk. Most were Jongin and the rest of his family, and a couple of Jongin and his sisters alone. I picked up one of Jongin in his school uniform, his usual confident smirk covered with a look of disgust. I chuckled, holding it up.

 “You look great here.” I commented. He turned back towards me, eyes widening when he saw the picture I was holding.

 “Kyungsoo put it down!” He huffed, jogging towards me.

 “Aigoo~ Our Jongin’s grown up.” I held the picture next to his face, laughing again as a similar frown covered his features. He took the picture from me, placing it back on the desk.

 “Is it your dads office?” I asked, looking at the name plaque on the table. He nodded, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

 “If he finds out, I’m dead.” I pouted again, earning a slap on the shoulder. I rubbed it, faking it hurt.

 “You’re stupid when you’re drunk.” Jongin muttered, pulling me back to the couch. He made me sit down, and then took the seat next to me. We sat a lot closer than before and I felt it becoming increasingly awkward as silence took over. Hoping to ease the awkwardness I poured myself another glass of wine, sipping it diligently. I could feel his eyes watching my every move so I tried my best to refrain from look back at him. I settled down my now empty glass, rocking backwards and forwards.

 “Kyungsoo.” Jongin spoke after a while, his voice was almost a whisper. The couch creaked slightly as he moved closer to me.

 “What?” I managed to squeak out, showing how nervous I’d become. Jongin was just a matter of inches away from me now. He brought two hands to my shoulders and turned me towards him.

 “I miss you, you know.” One hand let go of my shoulder and dropped to my hand, he ran his fingers over my knuckles, and then brought my hand towards him.

 “You still wear it?” He asked, running a finger over the band on my ring finger. My eyes widened.

 “How did you…” He smirked, letting go of my hand then placing his on my cheek, softly running his fingertips over my cheek. He slowly closed the distance between us. I could feel his hot breath lingering on my lips.

 “I remembered.” He whispered, before completely closing the distance between us. My eyes widened and my body shook slightly. His lips moved against my completely still ones for a few seconds before he pulled away.

 “Don’t cry.” He whispered, wiping the tears from my cheeks that I didn’t even realise were there. He pressed his lips to mine again, this time I melted into the kiss almost straight away. We somehow ended up lying on the couch, Jongin propping himself up by his elbows on top of me. Every so often he’d place a kiss on my face and each time I’d try my hardest to hide the ridiculous grin that made its way onto my lips.

-End of flash back-

What do I do now? Do I tell Suho he doesn’t have to help me out anymore…but I think Jongin still goes out with Luhan. I’m just guessing by the way Sehun is still ignoring Luhan like his life depends on it. I sighed.

 “Something wrong?” Suho asked. I shook my head, nibbling on the inside of my lip.

 “Where are we going?” I asked. Suho was a good friend, I didn’t want to make him feel awkward by being depressed all the time.

 “How about we just go to the restaurant? It’s getting late and my shift starts soon anyway.” He asked, steering me towards a bus stop. I smiled, nodding my head in agreement. I hadn’t been to the restaurant since the accident and I wanted to see how everyone was doing. I missed my old job there but it didn’t give enough pay and when Jongin offered me a job at the office I decided it’d be for the best.

We arrived at the restaurant almost an hour and a half before Suho started his shift, Baekhyun greeted us as soon as we entered, throwing a confused look at Suho.

 “Your shift doesn’t start for a while yet, what are you doing here?” He asked.

 “We’re hungry,” Suho commented,  “I’ll take a table for two please?” Baekhyun rolled his eyes before handing us the menus and pointing to a table.

 “I’m sure you don’t need me to show you to a table,” Then shooed us off, greeting the next customers with a lady-killing smile.

 “He hasn’t changed at all.” I laughed, taking a seat opposite Suho, who grinned in response. I didn’t get to see much of the guys that worked here anymore, of course apart from Suho and Chanyeol. Our working hours often clashed so we just stayed in touch via text.

---

 “Suho! It’s getting busy and you’re already 10 minutes into your shift. Get your to work.” Kris said, frowning as another customer called out for a waiter.

 “Can’t you guys wait a while longer?” Suho asked.

 “Suho it’s fine, I’m almost done. You can go.” I smiled. He bit on his lip, glancing up at Kris who raised his eye brows, waiting for the shorter man to start working.

 “Fine.” He muttered, colleting all his things. He apologised before scurrying off to the kitchen.

I left shortly after, catching a bus back to the train station. I had half an hour until the train arrived so I sat on a bench, swinging my legs backwards and forth.

 “Fancy seeing you here.” Someone sat beside me. I looked up to see Luhan. I showed him an awkward smile and shifted over a little to make more space. I felt bad for kissing Jongin, for all I know Luhan could really like him.

 “I know,” Luhan said, smiling widely, “I’m happy for you guys.”

 “W-what?” I stuttered, my heat beat quickened a little.

 “No need to looks so scared Kyungsoo, it’s okay,” He laughed, ruffling my hair, “I don’t like Jongin like that. He had some crazy idea about making you jealous. I like Sehun.” Luhan smiled shyly, blushing a little at the last sentence.

 “Tell him that.” I muttered, rolling my eyes as I remembered the state Sehun had been in the last few days. “He likes you too. Don’t tell him I told you though. He’d kill me.” I smirked a little. Luhan nodded, grinning happily. The train pulled up a short while later and I left Luhan, who was waiting for his own train.

 

 ‘So what do I do now?’ I mumbled to myself, sitting in an almost empty carriage. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Aurthor's note:

Sorry I took so long to update but I finally managed. 
I'll try update again soon! I'm in the mood for writing so I might start the next chapter soon but I need to know if
you guys want me to stop after a cpuple more chapters or carry on after kaisoo make up fully? I don't want it to drag out so IDK.

OH AND VOTE FOR EXO-K FOR THE ROOKIE AWARDS.
I'm so stressed with all this atm, so just votee!!
We only have 3 more days to get them back to number 1!!


Thank you so much for all the comments and subscribtions and just reading. It means a lot! I've got over 100 on both my stories now
I've kind of lost track of all my new and old subscribers so I can't comment on your walls anymore but I still love you for subscribing ;D
& Sorry for any mistakes, please point them out if you notice any I haven't managed to!

Until next time~



P.S: ....VOTE FOR EXO >;}