Chapter 7

Amnesia [Currently Editing]

 

*Kyungsoo’s P.O.V*

I hate you Kim Jongin, I really, really hate you.

I slammed my head against the table again, groaning out of frustration and maybe a little pain.

 “You should really stop that you know,” Suho commented. I tilted my head so I could see him and shot him an annoyed look. He rolled his eyes before continuing.

“Every time you hit your head you lose five brain cells.” I scoffed and took a sip of my coffee. The bitterness reminded me of my current situation and I groaned again.

 “He really got to you, huh?” Suho asked, taking my coffee from my hands and sipping it for himself.

 “Of course he did.” I muttered, snatching the cup back. He looked straight at me, appearing to be in deep thought.

 “…How about we make him a little jealous?” He asked after a while. Curiosity filled my eyes as I propped my chin on top of my hands.

 “Proceed.”

 “Well, I was just thinking…maybe if he gets jealous it might knock some sense into him?” Suho shrugged his shoulders.

 “Yes, but how?” He paused for a few moments, as if battling with himself about something.

 “Go out with me!” He blurted, a little too eagerly, earning us a few strange looks from the other customers in the café.

 “Suho you’re so funny!” I said a little too loudly so people heard. They slowly went back to their own business. I turned back to Suho, who was slumping in embarrassment and hit him lightly across the head. He cringed a little, throwing me an apologetic look.  “Yah! Not so loud! Everyone heard!” I snapped.

 “I’m sorry,” He muttered, rubbing at his head as if it had hurt. “But seriously, go out with me,” He glanced around making sure no one had heard him this time, “It’s the perfect way to make him jealous.”

 “Suho, I don’t know…I mean, he could lose interest in me or-”

 “He won’t! I swear it’ll work! Trust hyung okay~” He purred, ruffling fingers through my hair. I bit down on my lip, drawing circles against the wood. I suppose it wouldn’t do any harm to make him jealous? And if it didn’t, then what could go wrong? I was already in the worst position I could be in.

 “Fine.” I mumbled, slumping in my seat a little. Although it seemed a good idea, I felt like something was bound to go wrong. Suho grinned excitedly. I took another sip of my deserted and now cold coffee before standing up.

 “I better get back to work, I’m already late. Text me later okay?” I waved before leaving the coffee shop and walking towards the office.

 

As soon as I entered the manic sound of workers hurrying around trying to get their work done filled my ears, the strong sent of coffee and inks filling my nose. I lazily moped towards the elevator, what Suho had suggested still in my mind.

 “I can’t believe I agreed…” I muttered to myself as I slipped inside the empty elevator. As the door was about to close a tanned hand slipped between the doors and a stressed voice called out to me.

 “Wait! I’m getting in!” Jongin jumped into the elevator. I curled up into a corner, scowling at the back of his head.  An awkward atmosphere was heaving the in the air, making me slump a little more. The elevator seemed to be going a lot slower than usual.

 “You know Kyungsoo, I re-” Jongin tried to talk but I cut him off.

 “Don’t speak to me.” I snapped, rubbing at my temples. The last thing I needed was another form of rejection from Jongin.

 “Listen to me will you? It’s important.” He turned to face me. His expression took me by surprise, he almost looked like he used to. His eyes had softened and the scowl had left his face. I almost wanted to give in. Almost.

 “Well I don’t want to hear it. Leave me alone.” As if my it was my saviour, the elevator doors opened. I quickly pushed my way past Jongin and scurried into the office, I would have made it further if a strong hand hadn’t gripped my wrist.

 “Look, I’m sorry okay! I shouldn’t have said things like that.” I shrugged him off. A few pairs of eyes were timidly watching us. I scowled and the quickly turned back to their work. I turned to face Jongin, instantly regretting it. He had that stupid pout on his face, the one that always made me give in.

 “You’ll just do it again. I can’t forgive you.” I muttered before walking away. Honestly, I wanted to do anything but not forgiving him, but I figure if I want to give Suho’s idea a go, I’d better not. I sighed and collapsed in my chair, earning a strange look from the younger at the desk from mine.

 “Something wrong?” Luhan asked, scooting towards me. Sehun did the same, making sure his chair wheeled into mine. I scowled at him then replied.

 “Jongin.”

 “Surprise, surprise.” Sehun commented, earning a sharp look from Luhan, making him back off.

 “What now? He looked pretty upset when he walked by just a minute ago.” Luhan said.

 “I think I made a bad choice…” I mumbled. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I pulled it out. A text from Suho. I flipped open the phone and read it, grimacing a little.

 ‘Yeobo~~ let’s get something to eat after you finish work okay?! I’ll meet you outside, don’t keep me waiting! Saranghae <3’

I scoffed, typing back a quick ‘fine’ then closing my phone. I could tell he was mocking me, but Luhan obviously couldn’t. He spluttered a little from my side then snatched the phone from my hands, reading through the message again.

 “What?” I asked.

 “You’re dating someone else? Are you out of your mind Kyungsoo!?” He gripped my shoulders, shaking me a little. I brushed him off then huffed.

 “Don’t make such a big deal out of it….it’s nothing really. I need to get over him.” I muttered, trying to sound convincing. I did feel a little bad about it, especially after Jongin had apologised but I couldn’t back out now. I wanted Jongin back.

 “How did Jongin take it?” Luhan asks me, eye brows rose.

 “I don’t think he knows…” I say, my eyes turning towards my computer.

 “Well, I hope you don’t regret it. I thought Jongin meant a lot to you Kyungsoo.” Luhan said, traces of disappointment in his voice. I bit down on my lip, deciding not to reply.

 

***

 “Yeobo! Over here!” Suho calls, his voice mocking and I scowl. Jongin had been not so far behind me leaving the office, so I played along as best as I could. By that I mean I refrained from hitting him as he ruffled my hair and stared at me with fake, loving eyes. He wrapped a arm around my shoulder and began dragging me down the street, talking about his day. The whole time I couldn’t concentrate on anything but the person who followed closely behind, his eyes boring into my back. Suho dragged me to a small restaurant that wasn’t that busy, never the less the atmosphere was welcoming. We took a table in the far corner and Jongin took a table across the room, obviously trying to hide from me but failing miserably.

 “He’s kind of like a stalker, isn’t he?” Suho commented as he handed me a menu. I shrugged.

 “I don’t know…” I muttered, only half heartedly listening as he continued talking about his day.

 “You’re not listening are you?” Suho asked, bringing my attention back to him.

 “Sorry, it’s just…”

 “It’s fine. I understand. It must be hard.” He smiled a little, upset was clear in his eyes but I decided to ignore it.

 “I guess it is…” I shrugged my shoulders, “But that doesn’t matter…will you order for me? I don’t know what to get.” I pouted a little. His expression immediately light up.

 “Sure, princess. I’ll get you what I usually get.” Suho called a waiter over and quickly ordered. I could still feel Jongin staring, so I decided to make the most of it.
 

I spent the rest of my night with Suho trying to look like one of those love stuck manga characters but ended up feeling foolish half the time. Jongin stayed the whole time, watching intensely. Every so often I’d turn towards him and he’d hide. As he was leaving his eyes met mine and the guilt hit me. He looked upset. Really upset.

 

Suho dropped me off not long after and I left in a sour mood. When I reached my apartment I stopped in my tracks, Jongin stood with his back leaning against my apartment door, an unimpressed look on his face.

 “What?” I asked in an exasperated tone.

 “Have fun?” He asked, not trying to hide his sourness. I lightly pushed him out the way and placed the key in the lock.

 “What’s it got to do with you? Don’t you think it’s a little rude following someone on their date?” I tried to unlock the door but his hand stopped me, gripping hold of my own. I swallowed, avoiding his eyes.

 “You’re really going out?” He asked, his tone making me uncomfortable. I didn’t want to answer.

 “Y-yes.” I chocked out. We stood in silence for a few moments, and then he spun me around, taking me by surprise.

 “W-what are you doing?” I stuttered, the intensity of his gaze made it hard to speak. He pulled me towards him slowly; his breath lingered on my lips. I froze, my shoulders becoming stiff.

 “Yah…Kim Jongin!” I weakly protested. He ignored me, pressing his lips against mine. It was almost urgent, his fingers gripped at my hair as if he didn’t want to let me go. I tried my best to resist, but quickly found myself melting into the kiss. He pushed me backwards until my back hit the door, wrapping one arm around my waist and the other in my hair. My arms remained at my sides, my fingers itching to tangle them selves in his hair. I slowly brought my hand to rest on his back, only causing him to deepen the kiss, more urgency showing.

Eventually he pulled away, his eyes connected with mine. His expression was saddened.

 “I guess this is goodbye then?” He muttered, slowly pulling away from me. I stared at him.

No, no, no, no, no! Kyungsoo you idiot! Look what you’ve done!

 “Bye, Do Kyungsoo.” He muttered then turned away. I inhaled sharply. Realising that tears where flowing from my eyes I brought a hand up to my face.

 “J-Jongin!” I feebly called out, my voice breaking slightly.

He’d already gone. 
















Aurthor's note:

 

It's been so long! I'm so so so sorry! School is hard atm :(
I know this is short but I'm off school this week so I'm going to upload a couple more chapters.
I've already planned them out so it shouldn't be too long :p

Thank you so much for all your support! I really appriciate it all
Please forgive me for any mistakes or anything, and for taking so long to update D;
 
Thank you again!