Chapter 12 : Final

Amnesia [Currently Editing]

 

*Kyungsoo’s P.O.V*

I quickly rushed around my apartment, gathering together all my work clothes, Jongin’s words from the other night running through my mind on repeat. It’d been a day since he said it and so far neither of us had spoken a word about it. I wasn’t sure if he’d forgotten he’d said it or if he was too out of it when he said it to even remember he’d said it in the first place. I’d spent the whole day yesterday looking after him, by the end of the day he was almost as good as new but I insisted he took today off work as well, which he gladly accepted but insisted he stay in my apartment. Foolishly, I let him. I’d made sure to hide anything that could cause me eternal embarrassment and teasing, and that’s why I was rushing now. There was a lot of it.

 “Jongin, I’m going now. Don’t root through my things and don’t burn the house down!” I shouted, falling over my own feet as I tried to slip on my shoes and tug on my coat at the same time.

 “Yeah, got it.” He said back, in a totally unconvincing way. I sighed, opening the door and shouting a quick bye before I left. I quickly ran to the elevator, only just making it in before the doors closed again. I had about 5 minutes to get to the train or I’d be seriously late for work. Even though Jongin was my boss, his father still owned the place and I wasn’t so sure that he would spare me the satisfaction and not scold me. And trust me; you really don’t want to get on the wrong side of Mr Kim. Sure he’s a kind man, but that’s when working hours are over.

 

I managed to make it into work on time, only a couple of minutes left to spare. The day was slow; I spent most of it listening to Sehun whining about Luhan and vice versa. He told me he didn’t know how to confess, he was too scared of getting rejected. I never expected Sehun to be the shy type. He said that it was because Luhan was too good for him, and he didn’t deserve a man like that then left me alone and pouted at his own desk.

 Luhan on the other hand, had decided he was sick of waiting and planned out his whole confession, which he spent a good 30 minutes explaining and repeating to me until I could recite it word for word off by heart. Although when I asked him if he was sure he could do it, he started cowering and sulked on my shoulder for a while, evidently loosing all confidence in himself. Looks like I’d be hearing about this mess of a relationship for a little while longer.

In the midst of Luhan’s sobbing, Mr Kim’s secretary made her way into the office. I watched as dread washed over all the workers faces and they made it look like they were hard at work, hoping it wasn’t them she was looking for. I felt my heart drop as she made eye contact with me, a scary smirk on her lips as she made her way towards me. When she finally reached me, I gulped, feeling nervous under the sympathetic stare of my co workers.

 “Do Kyungsoo?” She asked, pushing her thick rimmed glasses further up her nose.

 “Yes?” I managed to keep the fear from my voice, but I was certain it was pointless as I probably looked like I was about to faint.

 “Follow me, please. Mr Kim would like to speak to you.” She her heel, tucking a stray strand of dark hair behind her ear before making her way out of the office. I quickly followed after her, gaining a few sympathetic slaps on the shoulder. When Mr Kim’s secretary came, it meant something bad had happened, it also meant that someone was getting fired. I guess that someone was me. I cowered in the corner of the elevator, lost in thought.

 

, what do I do? Why me? Is it because of the wine? I knew I shouldn’t have drunk it. Why did I stay?! I’ll kill him when I get home.

You’re so dead, Kim Jongin!

“Kyungsoo?” A voice shocked me out of my thoughts, I realised the elevator was already open and she was waiting patiently, or not so patiently, for me to get out.

I felt my hands become clammy as we reached his office; she left me outside for a moment then told me to come in. I slowly made my way into the familiar room. Me and Jongin’s father had never really had the greatest relationship, I was sure he had a grudge against me but at times he was one of the kindest people I knew. Lets hope today is one of those days.

 “Kyungsoo? Please sit down.” He smiled. Okay, good start. I nodded, taking a seat on the same leather couch as the other day. He sat across from me in a chair, eyes scanning me for a second before he spoke again.

 “You look terrified,” He chuckled, his face immediately becoming less threatening, “Don’t worry, you aren’t in trouble. I just need to talk to you about Jongin. I haven’t seen him a lot since the accident, I’ve been too busy with over seas work. Truthfully, I’m a little worried but my wife told me he was in good hands,” He motioned towards me, “How is he?” I let myself calm down, before replying. I told him the whole story, from start to finish, he listened intently, nodding and ‘hmm’ing to show he was still listening.

 “So, he hasn’t completely remembered yet?” I shrugged, sipping at the coffee that had been brought for me not so long ago.

 “I aren’t sure. It doesn’t really seem like he’s remembered everything yet. But after he fainted the other day he seems to be almost back to normal. I didn’t really have much chance to talk with him though, I was too worried.” Mr Kim chuckled, nodding once more.

 “Sounds like he’s almost there…” He paused a second, looking me straight in the eye, “Thank you Kyungsoo. I don’t know what me and my wife would have done if you didn’t meet Jongin. He was a bundle of trouble before you came along; we almost lost faith in him. We’re really grateful.” I was shocked, I’d never heard Mr Kim speak like that before. He just seemed like a normal man, who worried about his son like any other father would. Honestly, I’d always thought he didn’t care all that much, but I was completely wrong.

 “Ah, you better leave. I’m guessing you still have work to do?” He smiled for the last time, holing out a hand for me to shake, which I gladly took. I left with a bow, my mood better than it was before hand.

 

***

 

I left work, still in high spirits. Everything was finally sorting its self back out.

 “Kyungsoo!” A familiar voice called from across the street, I looked up to see Suho walking towards me, a nervous smile on his face. I guess it was time for me to tell the truth.

 “How are you?” I asked when he finally reached me. He scratched the back of his head awkwardly before speaking.

 “I’m good. Erm, about the other day, I didn’t mean to scare you or anything…” He muttered. I smiled.

 “You didn’t, don’t worry, in fact, I’m happy you like me.” I paused, watching as he anxiously watched me, as if he knew what was coming, “But-”

 “There’s always has to be a but, it doesn’t matter, I know what you’re going to say.” He started walking away, I sighed, running after him.

 “Suho! Slow down! I want to tell you something.” He stopped, probably deciding wheter he wanted to listen to me or not. I bit down on my lip, waiting for his answer. Finally he turned around with a sad look in his eyes, trying to hide it behind his smile, “I’m really touched you like me, but I can’t accept your feelings. I’m sorry. But I don’t want this to ruin our friendship. You’re a great friend and a great guy, I hope you find someone else who deserves you more than me. And of course, I’d be happy to help you if you ever need me. I’m sorry for dragging you into this mess; I didn’t mean to hurt you.” I smiled nervously, waiting for a reply. He blinked at me a few seconds then sighed.

 “You’re too kind Kyungsoo.” He muttered, throwing an arm around my shoulder. The sadness still wasn’t gone from his usually cheerful eyes and guilt was eating away at me. It would have been worse if I strung him along any longer. He didn’t deserve to be hurt.

 “Let’s go get a coffee, my treat?” I offered, he grinned dragging me down the street.

 “Deal.”

 

***

After Suho left, I made my way back to the apartment, only just making it to the last train. I mopped towards the elevator, pressing the button. When I’d left Suho, I didn’t manage to miss the sad expression that took over his face as I walked away. I’d really hurt him. I rubbed at my eyes, feeling them fill up with water. I sighed, tapping my foot impatiently against the floor.

 “Aish, why isn’t it coming?” I muttered to myself, jamming my finger against the button and waiting a couple more minutes before making my way to the stair case. I slowly dragged myself up the stair, wanting nothing more than to be inside my apartment, curled up in front of the fire, and if possible with a certain Kim Jongin holding me.

I heard footsteps rushing down the stairs, stopping on the steps in front of me.

 “Kyungsoo!” Jongin’s familiar voice rang through my ears, I kept my eyes on the floor, not wanting him to see the few tears that had escaped down my cheeks, “I was really worried, I was just about to come looking for- Why are you crying?” Worry instantly took over his voice and he cupped my cheeking in his hands, forcing me to look up at him. I sniffed, feeling pathetic under his gaze.

 “I just… feel really bad.” I muttered, trying to pull back from his grip, but having no such luck. His eyes softened considerably as he ran warm fingers across my cheeks, carefully brushing away my tears.

 “Why?” His voice was soft. I looked into his eyes. For the first time in months I was seeing the real Kim Jongin, my Kim Jongin. I wrapped my arms around his chest, shaking my head. I buried myself into the crook of his neck, smiling as the familiar sent filled my senses. He wrapped his arms around my waist tightly, pulling me closer to him.

“It doesn’t matter,” I paused, tilting my head to meet his eyes, “I missed you.” He smirked, pressing a kiss against my fore head.

 “I’m sorry.” He whispered, breath lingering against my skin, “I made you feel like . It’s the last thing I wanted to do, trust me.” We stayed in comfortable silence for a while longer before I spoke again.

“About what you said the other day…” I began, curiosity taking over me. He hummed in response, swaying a little as he held me in his arms. “Did you mean it? You like me?” I asked, emphasising the like.

 “No, I love you.” He smirked again, tilting my chin so he could catch my lips with his. I pulled away after a few seconds. He frowned, pulling my closer again.

 “I love you too.” I managed to get in, before my lips were claimed by his once more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Aurthor's note:

I'm almost done! D: This is the last proper chapter.
I might do an epilouge if I get the time, and I'll deffinatly upload a fluffy chapter at christmas, so I won't mark it complete yet! :D

I'm really suprised I got so many subscribers. 131! I know that's pathetic for some people but not for me, since this is my first fic ^^
Thank you all so much!

 
 
It really means a lot. Sorry I haven't thanked some of my latest subscribers, I got really confused so I don't know where I got to saying thank you xD

Until next time ♥