Fight

The Gold Medal of Love (Oneshot for the Olympics)

Merry Christmas guyss!! I hope this makes up for the lonnggggg hiatus I've been in for a while T_T 

-------

 

The first week went through swiftly, with South Korea winning 3 gold medals for archery (a/n: incorrect information). 

It was now the day before the solo matches, and the four: Bora, Krystal, Kris, and Woohyun were looked over extra carefully by the coaches. All the archers were running around the track for extra exercise, and were almost completing the task. 

All of then were almost close to being dead, having run for 40 minutes straight. 

When everyone was at their last lap, coach BoA shouted to the "chosen" four, "2 more laps for you!" 

All of them groaned, becuse they were already exahusted. Krystal especially, since she was not much of a runner. Halfway to finishing the last of the two laps, Krystal tripped on a branch. Everyone stopped and ran over to her. 

"Hey! Soojung, are you okay?! Omg please tell me you are," Bora said in a worried voice. 

"Yah Krystal are you an idiot? How can you be so careless the day before the individuals?!" Kris half shouted with worry and anger. 

"Krystal, are you okay? I'll call the coaches, hang on there," Woohyun said in a soft gentle voice. 

Krystal winced in pain and was embarrassed that she fell down in front of her friends right before the match. 

A few moments later, Coach Kangta and BoA joined the 3 people crowding over Krystal. "Jung Soojung, are you okay?" Coach Kangta said in a worried voice. "Where does it hurt?" 

"DId you hurt your arms? Shoulder? Anywhere important for tomorrow?" 

Just then, Coach Kangta pressed on an area near her ankles. Krystal yelped and winced. 

"Can you stand up?" Woohyun asked.

"Aish Krystal you babo...," Kris muttered. 

"Yah! Kris Wu Yi Fan shut up or else..," Bora threatened him. 

"What? She was stupid for falling down! Do you know how much this matters to us, our country's pride? Our-" 

"Kris! Can you stop? She's hurt, she didn't mean to, okay?!" Woohyun shouted.

Kris stopped. It was the first time Woohyun ever lost his temper.

Everyone looked to Krystal who let out a sob. 

"BoA unni, Kangta oppa, Kris, Woohyun, Bora, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to fall down, it's just I was too exhausted and you know.. maybe I was careless. It's all my fault.." 

With that, Kris felt guiltiness wash over him. *Stupid me, why did I say that? I was just worried...I didn't mean it that way... * 

"Bora, you should get some rest. As for you two boys, follow us." 

Kangta carried Krystal on his back, carefully trying to avoid the hurt place. The two boys got slightly envious of their coach, but stayed silent. 

"Its okay Soojung ah, I'm sorry I pushed you a bit more today," BoA apologized softly as they made their way to catch the taxi. Kris walked behind all of them, putting a little distance. His head was lowered, ashamed of himself for snapping at Krystal when she needed encouragement the most. 

 The van was already waiting in front of the dormitory buildings, and the five of them went in. They went to the hospital nearest to the dormitory houses, Kris guiding them as he was the only one who could speak English fluently. 

Krystal was taken into the examination room, and everyone waited outside, worried. 

What seemed like months passed, and the doctor came out. 

"It is nothing serious, but she has slightly fractured her ankle. She needs 2 weeks of rest," the doctor said in English. 

"Two weeks?!" 

"Yes, I am afraid to say. I am so sorry." 

The doctor then went back into the examination room to treat Krystal. 

Kris slowly turned around, ready to tell the worried people. "The doctor said it's nothing serious, but she needs to rest for two weeks," he muttered quietly. 

"What! Two weeks?! Weeks? But she only has less than a day!" 

"But she can't go with that injured ankle! It'll only make it worse and she might not be able to completely heal!" Woohyun said. 

There was arguing and unsureness of what to do, until BoA spoke up. 

"Let her decide." 

"What?" Kris and Woohyun both said. 

"Just let her decide," BoA said again. 

------

"I'm going," Krystal said firmly

"What?!" Kris and Woohyun yelped, obviously surprised. 

"I said, I'm going. I have to, I need to, I want to. Coach, isn't that all you need? Your best effort?" 

"That's true, but...," Kangta replied. 

"Then I'm going. I'll try my best." 

"Good luck Soo Jung ah," the two coaches said. They left to take care of the other athletes first. 

"Kris, come see me," Woohyun stood by the doorway, gesturing him to step out and talk with him. 

Kris hesitantly followed him out the door, and was lead to the roof of the hospital. 

"So.. I heard you liked Soojung too," Woohyun whispered softly. 

"Krystal?" Kris asked, "...yeah. I do." 

"Because I do too," Woohyun said. 

Kris felt a slight sting in his heart, because his best friend was in love with the same girl as he was. 

"Well, I'm not giving up," Kris said firmly. 

"I'm not either," Woohyun said back, glaring. 

"But I love her more," Kris replied. 

"Really? Then why are you always angry with her? Why do you snap at her so much? She only gets hurt from you," Woohyun said. 

Kris had nothing to say. 

"Why don't you protect her from all those jerks that bully her? Why don't you stand up for her? Why are you so darn mean?

Again, Kris had nothing to say. He clenched his fist, trying to control himself from his anger. 

"I thought so. You're just a selfish jerk like everyone else," Woohyun muttered. He was about to turn away, when Kris finally hit him in the face. .

Woohyun fell down from the blow, quickly getting back up, glaring. "I don't think fighting is the answer." 

Kris couldn't control himself, so he charged again to Woohyun, only to be stopped by Woohyun's hand. 

"How about a bet? If you get the gold tomorrow, I'll let her go to you. But if I get the gold, then you have to give up. Think about it, it's only fair for both of us," Woohyun said in a soft firm voice. 

Kris' fist loosened and it dropped down to his side. He watched Woohyun walk away. 

"Don't worry, because I'm going to win." 

----------------

okay I know it was short guys, but the story is almost ending! Just 2 more chapters I thinkkkk? ^^ And I've decided to write two alternative endings, so also look forward to that!