Surprises in Training

The Gold Medal of Love (Oneshot for the Olympics)


My phone alarm vibrated at 4:00 AM, and all my dorm mates were fast asleep. I changed into my training uniform and quickly slipped out of the dorm.

“You can do it, Krystal Jung, you can do this.”

I took a deep breath and started running.

This is what I do everyday.

Wake up before anyone else and before the sun comes up, run around the tracks, strengthen my muscles, and shoot arrows and arrows and arrows.

More arrows when the morning alarm rings for everyone to wake up at 6:30 A.M.

Then more arrows. Arrows arrows arrows.

Just arrows.

And not a single one hits the lucky spot in the middle, for the whole 8 years of training, not a single one.

It’s not that I hate the arrows, I love arrows. They’re my life. It’s just I hate the humiliating, teasing, and bullying from everyone.

Still, I have a calm temper so I don’t bother about it too much.

I shoot another arrow and it lands on 3. 

The other archers snicker at me and start the teasing again.

"You ."

"Get lost Krystal Jung, you're no match for even a kid."

I sighed deeply as coach BoA put a reassuring hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry Krystal, I know you have something in you."

I ignore her and continue with practicing more. I mean, what does she see in me?  Can't she see all the teasing? The humiliating?

"Hey, Krystal. You have to still your arm and dont shake anything until the arrow lands on the score board," Bora said.

I smiled and turnedt to my best friend, the gold medalist. "Thanks Bora, I think I need to go to the bathroom first."

And like a perfect timing, the brat appeared. "Shouldn't you be practicing rather than going to the bathroom? Why don't you just do your business here?"

I sighed heavily again and closed my eyes. Bora turned around and glared at her.

"Park Jiyeon, shouldn't you be practicing? After all, it's the Olympics soon and you want to beat me in the individuals."

Jiyeon scowled at the two of you and started to cuss silently until someone tapped her from behind. "Jiyeon, don't use profanity during practice."

My eyes lit up to his voice. He was the only friend other than Bora.

Nam Woohyun.

JIyeon frowned and walked away to her practicing place.

"Hey Krystal," he greeted you.

I smiled and greeted back. "Hey Woohyun."

The three of you walked to the cafeteria for lunch, until Woohyun stopped. "Sorry, today I have to join my friends."

Bora and I told him he could go, and went to get our lunches. We sat down under a tree and munched in our chicken sandwich. We talked about practice, seniors, and about the Olympics until I sighed.

"I wonder when I will ever get in at lest in the 1/36 divisions."

Bora sat up and frowned at you. "Krystal Jung, don't you ever look dow on yourself. You're just the same as Jiyeon and me. It's just you need to focus more. I know you can do it Krystal."

I smiled at the encouragement and thanked her. We went back to chatting about random things until just that one person had to show up.

A deep voice boomed. "Go to your practice station, Krystal Jung. Or more like, get out of my way."

You sighed and got up from your sitting spot. "Excuse me Kris, but you see I'm in the middle of eating, so no."

Kris smirked. "Do you really want to challenge me?"

I gulped mentally. *No.*

Just then, Bora saved you from all the mess. "STFU KRIS WU. GET.LOST."

Kris shook his head slowly and walked away. When he was out of sight, Bora turned to you. "I don't get why you even like that guy. He humiliates you like the others, or worse."

I stuck my tongue out and finished the reamining pieces of my salad. "Whatever Bora, let's go practice more."

Bora followed me and the day ended with shooting more arrows.

Woohyun's POV:

I stood out from my hiding place beyond the tree. I smiled at her figure walking away. "Krystal, always so optimistic." I smiled like an idiot and walked to the training building.

 

Kris POV:

Oh my gosh, that Jiyeon girl is bothering me again. Seriously.

"OPPAA!!~" Her squealy voice pierced my ears and I flinched. I felt her arms wrapping around mine, and I rolled my eyes. 

And here we go again.

"Did you see that Krystal girl? She shot a 3 again this morning! Can't believe she's even on this team, ugh."

I spun around and released my arm from her grasp. I gave her a cold glare. "Look Jiyeon, if you say one more bad thing about Krystal, then I won't forgive you. It's annoying, and she's not bad. She just needs more focus, okay? So stop.following.me."

Jiyeon looked dumbfounded and I smirked as I turned my back on her and walked away to the practice room.

 

Bora's POV:

Did I just hear that right?

"Look JIyeon, if you say one more bad thing about Krystal, then I won't forgive you. It's annoying, and she's not bad. She just needs more strength and focus, okay? So.stop.following.me."

KRIS said THAT.

First of all, HE SHOULDN'T BE TALKING EITHER. HE'S THE REASON WHY EVERYONE HATES KRYSTAL. Great job Kris, great job.

Second of all, WHY would he say that? He's like... SUPER mean to her, and he's like... NICE.. in front of that Jiyeon bish.

I put my finger on my chin and tapped it, starting to wonder. I walked around in circles until I bumped into someone.

"OOF," someone said, "hey, be careful."

I woke up from my thinking and looked up at Woohyun staring at me.

"Oh, sorry Woohyun-ssi!"

He smiled, "it's fine."

Woohyun and I are good friends, we had the same archery teacher when we were kids. So I actually knew his secret: He had a crush on Krystal. And seriously, this Woohyun guy is wayy more better than Kris.

We walked to the practice room together, to see that Krystal was getting bullied by Kris again. Or, at least it looked like that. She was cornered in the wall and Kris just inches away from her.

Oh that hypocrite two faced man. I am so going to beat him up.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I screamed as I pushed Kris from my friend. He glared at me and stormed off. Woohyun gave Krystal a small wave and followed after Kris.

Okay, I also do not know WHY such a nice person like Woohyun hangs out with that mean evil Krease.

I immediately put my hands on Krystal's shoulders.

"Hey are you okay?" I asked her.

She nodded, still in a daze. "Uhm but Bora, Kris is weird."

I gave her a questioning look. Before I could ask, she answered.

"He wasn't teasing me. He was complimenting me."

My mouth dropped to the ground. Well, ALMOST. WHAT DID SHE JUST SAY?

SO I WASN'T HEARING THINGS WHEN HE DEFENDED MY DEAR FRIEND IN FRONT OF JIYEON THE DINO BISH?

.... alkfjdklsjfklsf

This was too much for my brain to process, so I sat down on a chair holding my head.

"Hey, Bora you okay? "

I nodded and waved her off to go practice more. She gave me a weird look and scurried off to her shooting station.

After a few minutes of recovery, I heard shouts from the room. "OMG, KRYSTAL JUNG JUST SHOT A 10!" One of the archers said.

All the people started running to her station, especially Coach BoA.

Am I hearing things again? I ran where everyone was gathered around, muttering and surprised. I jumped to see over all the heads and caught the arrow on the bulls eye. My jaw dropped. Oh my gosh this is not happening. I pushed through the big crowd and stood next to Coach BoA. 

It was silent for a few seconds, but as soon as I saw this was reality, I screamed at Krystal for happiness. "KYAHHH KRYSTAL YOU DID IT!!!" 

Krystal awakened and jumped with me, as other people also congratulated her. Now Krystal wasn't the outcast. 

I heard Jiyeon making a few snark comments, but I didn't care right now. All that mattered was that Krystal finally shot a 10 in 7 years. 

At this rate, it was possible that she could get into the 2012 London Olympics, and even be part of the Korean Archer Team for the Women's team archery. 

After that, Krystal started soaring up, catching upto everyone, which they finally started to become nice to her. Even that Kris became somewhat closer to her ,just a bit cold sometimes. 

One day, the three of us, Krystal, Woohyun, and I were eating lunch happily chatting about things when Kris showed up and asked if he could sit with us. I was like... wtf at first but I KNEW Krystal had a crush on him, so I didn't say anything. 

 


Now, there were only 3 days left till we had to leave from Korea to go to London. The athletes went home to start packing extra things, so I said to goodbye to Krystal. Unfotunately, my way home was the same way as Kris'. And to my luck, he was sitting next to me in the subway. It was a bit awkward for awhile, until Kris asked me something.

"Bora, we need to talk."

I gulped and thought of what it could be.

 

Krystal's POV:

I thought no one lived near my house, until I found Woohyun next to me in the same bus. At first I was a bit surprised, but I was relieved that I had someone to talk to for the next 4 hours. We shared our snacks, and told our plans of what we're going to do the next 2 days with our family. It was very warm and comfotable, until one moment when Woohyun kept on staring at me in this weird way.

I ignored him for a couple of minutes, but gave up. "Woohyun is there something wrong?"

Woohyun looked down, away from me and I tilted my head to the side.

"Krystal, I love you."

 

Bora's POV:

 

I waited for Kris to start speaking.

"So...," I started.

Before I can even ask him the question, he said, "You know I like Krystal, right?"

 

---

Final next chapter!! :DD