Ch. 6- Soap Bubbles

Dancing Butterflies

Dongwoo's POV:

Hoya came really early to pick me up because he needed to finish his homework. He should have gone home last night instead of staying at the café and wait for me until my shift was done. Instead, he stayed and only did a little bit of his homework and watched me work the whole time. Hoya does that every single time, but I guess I can't complain. I like having Hoya's attention. Is that a bit weird? It isn't right? Anyways, I'm dead tired because of the lack of sleep yet I was able to finish my homework before Hoya. I guess I can just sleep when we get to the school, and nobody will be there so early in the morning so it will be fine.

It felt like hours before we got to school and into the classroom. Maybe it was like that because I was so tired and drowsy. I flopped into my seat and used my bag as a pillow. I turned my head so it was facing Hoya. I watched him do his homework for a few minutes and then he turned to me. He was giving me what-the-heck-are-you-staring-at-me-for look. I didn't respond back and contiuned watching him. It was interesting watching Hoya's face get frustrated when he didn't get a problem, and when he got all happy when he answered it correctly. It's quite amusing for me; sort of like my own entertainment.

I could feel myself getting drowsy and my eyes were starting to close. Hoya was taking off his blazer and was walking closer to me. I felt him put something on me and he went to sit back at his desk. I touched what he put on back and smiled- he used his blazer as a blanket for me.

" Thank you, Hoya."

" No problem. Now, get some sleep, I will wake you up when the teacher gets here." I nodded my head and I fell asleep right away. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fifth period.....

 

Since today was Thursday, we have gym, and nobody was really ecstatic about it. Hoya and I were fine with it since we do like to excercise, but it since we just had lunch recently. Also the students who are in the dance class had a rough day today. We went through the choreography over and over again until it was ingrain into our brain. Then there is the after school class today too. All I know is my body was going to be sore, and that is why I hate gym but I will have to endure it.

All of the students began to run laps around the field, and Hoya and I were running together. The thing that was bothering me was that Hoya was looking at somewhere else. A few feet ahead of us was Jieun-sshi with somebody else. I tried to get his attention, and I was going to trip him but decided not to since he would probably kill me. I just continued running with Hoya and decided not to try to get his attention. As we were running. Kiseop decided to come run along with us too.

" Hey you guys! What's with Hoya?" I looked at Kiseop, at Hoya, and back at Kiseop. I shrugged my shoulders even though I knew the reason why, but decided to keep it to myself.

" I don't know. He is probably dazed or something. I waved my hand and punched him in the arm a couple of times, but no reaction."

" Ahh. I see. Very, very weird. Anyways, how are you today, Dongwoo?"

" Tiring. I didn't even pay attention in most of my classes."

" That's too bad. Maybe you should take a break or something." I nodded my head as he said that. Maybe he is right. Maybe I do need some sort of break.

" That actually doesn't sound too bad. Thanks for the advice!" I slapped Kiseop's back and he stumbled a few feet. I could see him about to trip on his own feet, and I grabbed for his hand. My hand held onto his but then somebody pulled Kiseop's hand out of mine. I looked to see Hoya's hand gripping onto Kiseop's wrist and he had on a blank expression.

" Are you alright?" We stopped running and everybody else was looking at us. I didn't like the attention that we were attracting, and tried to pull Kiseop's hand from Hoya's hand.

" Hoya!" He immediately let go of Kiseop's hand and gave a apologetic look at Kiseop. Then he ran off and started to run with Jieun-sshi and her friend.

" Dongwoo."

" H-Huh?"

" Are you okay?"

" Yeah.....I'm okay. Let's starting running before the teacher yells at us." Kiseop and I ran together for the rest of the period and Hoya ran with Jieun-sshi and her friend. Sometimes I wonder if Hoya still has feelings for her because from what I can see, he still likes her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After school......

 

Hoya's POV:

 

Dongwoo-hyung has been trying to approach me ever since gym ended, but I ignored him. I do feel guilty about it but what can I do? I can't control myself at times, and when I saw Dongwoo-hyung and Kiseop practically holding hands, I just blew it! I don't know why though, and that is making me frustrated right now. Well, at least we don't have dance class after school since the teacher had some emergency again. I was waiting for Dongwoo-hyung by the gates, but then I saw Jieun walking towards me. She waved at me and I waved back.

" Hey!"

" Hey. So happy school is over for the day?"

" Yes I am! So tiring!"

" Oh yeah! I thought you were going to join the after school singing class?"

" I'm joining tomorrow. I was thinking of walking around here and try to get myself familiar with the place." Just then I thought of a spectacular idea!

" How about I show you around?"

" You don't mind!?" I shook my head and smiled at her. Then I saw Dongwoo-hyung walking to the gates and I ran up to him.

" Dongwoo-hyung!" He turned his head to me and gave me a small smile.

" Hm?"

" I'm going to show Jieun around here. You don't mind right?" He just stared at me for a little bit, and I thought he was mad at me. Then he gave me a big smile and nodded his head.

" Yeah it's fine! Go ahead and have fun! I will be fine!" Dongwoo-hyung walked away and probably went to work. I was feeling a little bit guilty because I walk home with him everyday, and well, I don't know really. I haven't hung out with Jieun for such a long time that I really missed her. Not to the point where my feelings were resurfacing- I think. I walked back to Jieun and we left the school grounds.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After we left school, I decided to show her around the stores. I showed her the really good places to eat and the places you might want to stay away from. Also, I showed here the karaoke place if you want to hang out with your friends. Then I showed her the general stores around the area like the grocery store. The market that is opened on the weekeds, cafés, and other places. The clothing stores were a bit further away so I couldn't show her, but she said she can go by herself sometime this week.

" So, how are you liking this place so far?" I got Jieun and I some ice cream that was nearby a café we visited.

" I like it a lot. The people here are really nice, and this place seems really homey! Haha!" I laughed along with her and then as we were getting a bit closer to her house, I saw Wooyoung.

" Wooyoung!" He turned around and then ran to us. It seemed like he just went to the grocery store because he was carrying bags of food.

" Hey Hoya! And you are?"

" H-Hello! My name is L-Lee Jieun!" I chuckled at how Jieun was stuttering in front of Wooyoung. She must be really shy in front of people she doesn't know.

" NIce to mee you Jieun-sshi. My name is Jang Wooyoung. Where are you guys heading to?"

" I'm sending her home. She just lives around the corner here."

" Really!? I live around the corner too!" Then all of a sudden Jieun got really excited and grabbed onto my arm tightly.

" No way! I never seen you leave your house, though!"

" Haha! It's because I leave early and head to the music room."

It seemed like this conversation was going to go on forever so I excused myself, but they didn't even notice. I just laughed and left them there. I dug out my cell phone to check the time and realize the café was going to close soon. I ran all the way to the café and it seemed like it was still open. It looked like there was no customers at this time, so I let myself in, and walked around. Dongwoo-hyung was nowhere to be found until I heard a voice coming from the back. I went to the doors that lead to the kitchen, and I saw Dongwoo-hyung doing the dishes. Slowly, I crept up to him and grabbed onto his sides. He jumped, turned around, and hit me in the head.

" Hoya! You almost gave me a heart attack! Why are you here anyways? I thought you were with Jieun-sshi?"

" Oh, she is fine. We met with Wooyoung and they live close to each other it seems like, and I just left them."

" How typical of you." I saw a small smile grace onto Dongwoo-hyung's face and I smiled too. As long Dongwoo-hyung was happy then I'm happy.

It was getting a bit boring watching him wash the dishes, and then a really great idea came to my mind. On the left side of the sink, there was a pile of soap bubbles, so I decided to scoop my finger in there and wipe it on Dongwoo-hyung's nose. He turned his head to me and I laughed so hard. He looked so funny with soap on his nose, but just then I felt soap bubbles on my nose. I glared at Dongwoo-hyung and he stuck out his tongue back at me. We didn't know what we were doing, but now we were playing with the bubbles everywhere. It was getting all over our faces and then it got on our clothes too. Dongwoo-hyung sprayed a little bit of water on me and I lunged at him. I didn't notice our faces were so close to each other that our lips were practically centimeters apart.

" Hoya, can you get off?"

" H-Huh? O-Oh. Haha, sorry." I stood up and held out my hand for Dongwoo-hyung. He took it and I used my other hand and threw more soap bubbles at him. We continued on with our soap bubble war for a little while until we realized that the place was getting a bit, well, soapy.

" We better clean up."

" I agree." Dongwoo-hyung handed me a mop and I began to mop the floor. He continued washing the dishes, and I cleaned the place up. I tried to wipe away wherever bubbles remained and there was quite a lot.

Finally, after what felt like forever, we finished cleaning the place around. We grabbed our bags and Dongwoo-hyung closed the place up. The walk to Dongwoo-hyung's place was silent. I don't mind the silence because after our little soap war, I was dead tired. I don't know if I could even make it home. There was nobody waiting for me back at home because my parents weren't going to be home until tomorrow so it didn't really matter. Maybe if I can ask Dongwoo-hyung if I can sleep over. He must have a couple extra uniforms, so there shouldn't be any problem. We got into his apartment and I flopped onto his sofa.

" Aren't you going home?"

" I don't want to! Let me sleep here for the night. I don't mind sleeping on the sofa. Please!" He sighed and I know that is when he gives up.

" Fine. I'm not going to let you sleep on the sofa, though! That thing is so uncomfortable to sleep or even sit on. You are going to sleep on my bed with me."

B-Bed? As in the same bed? I-I haven't done with another guy before, but I mean we are guys so its not like there is any problem with that. Right?

" O-Okay. Thank you."

" No problem. Now, go take a shower and you can go to sleep first. I'm going to finish up my homework." He tossed me some a t-shirt, sweats, and a toothbrush. Then I went to take a shower. The warm water falling down my body felt so good. After having dance during third period, gym, walking around town, and having the little soap bubble war tired me out.

I came out of the shower fully dressed and went to his bedroom. His room had stuff all over his floor like; papers, toys, and other random stuff that I don't know. I swear he has the most weirdest stuff ever. I got under the sheets and then I felt somebody slide in too. It seemed like Dongwoo-hyung finished taking a shower, which was fast as ever. My eyes were starting to close and I could feel myself fall asleep quickly. It was a bit cold in his room, though, so I slid closer to him.

 

Dongwoo's POV:

 

I took a quick shower after Hoya did and slid under the sheets with Hoya. My back was facing him and I looked at the moon. A full moon was out tonight and it looked so beautiful yet mysterious. Then all of a sudden I felt him moving closer to him and I could feel his back right against mine. I didn't dare move because if I did, I was afraid what was going to happen. I was going to ask Hoya to move over, but I could already hear soft snores coming from him. I sighed and just stayed in my position.

" Goodnight, Hoya." I didn't get a respond but that was fine with me. I knew he was pretty tired today, so I just let him sleep as he wants. Just then the image of us on the floor and Hoya's face really close to my face came into my mind. My heart started to beat really fast at the sudden thought of it.

What are you doing stupid heart? Why are you beating so fast for? Stop it I tell you! Stop it! This is so weird! Really, really, really weird.