III

Breakups are so typical of me

At school, Hyukjae heard his classmates talking about someone. Or more like, squealing about some guy’s so called iness. Not that it was unusual, but he never was able to get used to it.

“I’m telling you” the first one said “He’s a god! I never saw someone as handsome as him. He also seems to be very caring.”
“Woah, really?! I’m so jealous! I wish I’ve met someone like this too... But I only have my stupid boyfriend! Sometimes I’m not sure if he really cares about me...” the other answered.
“Yah! I told you! You should’ve already...”
Hyukjae couldn’t listen to them anymore. He was afraid that he’s intelligence level will drop miserably if he would listen to any other words they’re going to say. He had to admit that he felt a little more mature then most of his classmates. Or maybe he was just weird. Well, he wasn’t sure, but maybe squealing about someone who probably we won’t ever see again was a normal thing and he was an alien from other planet. Not that he minded.

He noticed that one of his friends was waving at him to come, but unfortunately he was standing next to those girls. He decided to not listen to them. It was a little hard, since their screams were heard in the whole class, but well. Though, one thing caught his attention when he was again beside them. It was a question asked by one of the girls.

“Tell me his name please!” she said, looking imploringly at the other.
“Oh, all right. It’s Lee Donghee or something.”
Hyukjae was frozen at his place. The girls were talking about something different probably now, but he was still looking at them. “Donghae” he said, catching girls attention “it’s Lee Donghae”.
“Y-yeah, that’s it” that one girl said nervously “Do you know him, oppa?”
“Not really. I’ve met him few times. Are you his girlfriend?” He asked, not caring what they’re gonna think about him.
“A-actually... No. We only talked... And I’m not sure if he’s interested. He... He doesn’t seem to.”
“I see. So, do you mind not telling about someone you don’t even know? It may offend someone, you know.” He said, obviously annoyed.
“Y-yes, oppa. I’m sorry.” He only sighed at her, turning back to his friend.

He knew that now those girls are going to talk about his sudden outburst, but he just couldn’t listen to someone gossiping about his sister’s ex. Moreover, deep in his heart he felt a little mad at the other, because he thought that he already found someone else to replace Sora. That’s why he wanted to make sure if he has a reason to be mad at him or not. Maybe Donghae wasn’t that bad. Or he just was tired with the girls for a while.

When he was at home, Sora already waited for him. She usually was home before him and made him dinner or some sweets to eat. He loved her very much. Even though he knew that her break up with Donghae didn’t hurt her, he wasn’t sure what she thought about it. She never talked about her relationships, saying she feels awkward. But what she really felt?

Actually, Sora was heartbroken a long time ago. She met a guy who was perfect for her. Or she thought so. After some time, she realized he’s cheating on her. She did nothing, because she was too afraid to lose him. With time it was getting harder, since the guy seemed to be more and more obvious. He didn’t have time for her, texted all the time, smelled like girl’s perfumes, which wasn’t her and sometimes she even noticed some hickeys on his skin. They were hidden, but Sora always was good in noticing small things. Finally, one day he broke up with her, saying she’s the most oblivious girl in the world. She cried hard, not only because she lost him, but also because he didn’t even realized she knew everything. All this time Donghae was beside her. They were best friends and even though she couldn’t tell him everything, because he would most probably beat the out of her now ex-boyfriend, she could rely on him.
When their relationship was already over, she told Donghae everything, crying hard. He comforted her, saying nice things. When she finally was able to get over her ex, the idea popped in her friend’s head. He knew he couldn’t give her what she wanted, he couldn’t give her love, but he promised that he’ll make her happy. Sora was hesitating at first, but she thought that it will help her a lot, since now she knew she’s not able to be with someone else beside her ex. But Donghae? He was nice, good-looking and they were comfortable with each other. Even if this won’t be something big, it was better than crying in her bedroom, thinking how good it used to be.
So, pretty much, this is the story beside Donghae’s and Sora’s relationship. And because the most important person in Sora’s life, even above Donghae and her ex was Hyukjae, she thought that maybe he’s that one person to who her friend can show his true side. Donghae who is dorky, jealous all the time and caring like no one else. Not Donghae, who is good-looking, y and playboy.

Of course neither Hyukjae nor Donghae knew what was happening in Sora’s head, but they both realized her weird behaviour. Lately she was meeting with them a lot. Both of them. Together. Most of those meetings ended with Hyukjae trying to kill Donghae. Though now, it was quite better. One time, Hyukjae nervously asked Donghae about that girl from his class. The latter just laughed, saying they were talking a little in KFC, since the queue was long and he was bored. Hyukjae felt embarrassed, knowing what’s going the happened now.

“Hmm, but wait. Is it possible that you’re jealous?” And it started.
“Of who? You? As if ever.” He answered coldly. Or he tried to do it coldly.
“Yeah, of course. And that’s why you looked like you would kill me if I answered differently.”
“If you didn’t realize, I want to kill you most of the time.”
“Sure, it’s hard not to realize that. But, you know, you’re cute when you’re jealous. Do it more often”
“Yah! You idiot!” And that’s why after a while, when Sora came back with a tray of fruits, she was met by view of Hyukjae hitting Donghae hard with a pillow.
The brunette smiled at her sheepishly, trying to take Hyukjae off of him. It was hard, so he thought of something else. He hugged the latter with all his might. Hyukjae was so surprised at it that he himself got off Donghae, looking at him in horror. The brunette just laughed at him and so did his sister. He pouted, embarrassed a little. He muttered something about Donghae being an idiot and said he’s going to get his strawberry milk.

“So... How’s it going?” Sora said, smiling at Donghae.
“What do you mean? Sora...” He started to say, but the girl stopped him.
“Donghae, you know I’m not meeting with you two for no reason.” She said seriously.
“Hey, I don’t know, alright. Don’t push into something I’m not even sure exists. Maybe we’ll be friends, maybe we’ll never get along. How can I know?” He said a little annoyed. Sora  was expecting too much from him. Right now Hyukjae was only his ex-girlfriend’s brother.

At that moment Hyukjae stepped into the room with two cartons in his hands. One of them he threw at Donghae, saying “Here, your stupid chocolate milk, fat .” Sora made a face at Donghae and he just shrugged. When Hyukjae made himself comfortable at the sofa, Donghae jumped at him, screaming “Revenge! That’s for the ‘fat ’!”. Sora just laughed, but soon she too was dragged into the ‘fight’.

_____________________________________________________________________________

As I promised, next chap is today. I didn't finish it yesterday, but I managed to do it today. Though idk which time is in your country, but whtvr.

This chap is more like meh than the previous, so yeah, hope you like it. thanks to all of you, as always, you're lovely ;_;

And tell me whatcha think, alrighty? No matter if it's about the story itself, my style of writing or grammar mistakes. I always read comments and really appreciate your notes.