004

One Single Kiss

 

“Are you sure about this?” He asked worriedly, feeling a little bit unsure with his cousin’s plan.

Kyungsoo nodded. “I am sure. There is nothing to worry.”

“What if she screams and wakes the neighbors up?”

“She won’t do that.”

“How do you know she won’t?”

“Because......... I know?”

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” Taemin pulled his car in front of a park and looked at Kyungsoo in disbelief. He did not know what to say to the older at the moment; he just wanted to drive back to home and discussed what they were going to do to convince Sun Jung. Kyungsoo was desperate, helpless, and craved for the girl's touch, like most of men in their kingdom when they had found their soul mates. It was a natural behavior and Kyungsoo could not escape it even if he wanted to. Taemin felt really bad for his cousin who could not show his affection toward Sun Jung yet, but he himself did not have a plan at the moment.

It had been a week since Kyungsoo told Sun Jung about the soul mate thing, and it had been a week too since Kyungsoo last talked to her. She was clearly avoiding him—and Taemin as well—after she ran away from his car that day.

They were not surprised with her reaction after they told her, but they were surprised that Sun Jung did not tell anyone about this and kept silent like nothing had happened among them. She treated Taemin as usual, but kept her distance when they were just alone in the class. She did not acknowledge Kyungsoo’s stare whenever they  met in hallways and tried her best to not passed his class during break.

It hurt Kyungsoo’s heart to know how scared she was of him and his kinds. He did not mean to scare her—hell, he wanted to be with her, but she was a human after all. She lived in a place where unicorns and other magical creatures were not exist and they did not have super power like his kinds. He had to bear with it, he had to hang onto that hope for awhile. After all, he and Sun Jung’s destiny was already written in heaven. No matter how hard she tried to avoid him, she would always be Do Kyungsoo’s.

No matter how good her hiding place was, he would always found her.

He had read her mind for countless times and he knew a part of Sun Jung wanted to be with him, but she could not believe what he said about his world and how a kiss could decide whether they were meant to be or not.

The time was ticking and summer was approaching. Kyungsoo needed to take her to his father and introduced her as his fiancée, though they had not had an engagement ring yet. The people in his kingdom had been waiting for Kyungsoo to find his soul mate because his father was already too old to run the kingdom. Kyungsoo was already 96 years old in his world and it was a really ideal age of someone to marry their soul mate. Kyungsoo had planned to marry the girl after they graduated from high school next year, leaving the glamorous Seoul and moved to his kingdom to make it easier.

Sun Jung’s family did not have to know about the existence of his world. He would convince them to let him marry her and told them that he had to live abroad because he had to manage his family business there. It was a very lame plan for someone like Kyungsoo, but he knew they would believe it.

With only a little charm and some sweet words here and there, they would let him marry her and took her to whatever he wanted—his kingdom.

Kyungsoo was so lost in thoughts that he did not hear Taemin’s voice calling his name several times, telling him that they were already in front of her house. The clock was striking 2.45; he needed to work fast and succeeded before the sun came up. He gave Taemin a light pat on his shoulder and mumbled ‘thank you’ before he jumped to one of the window and pushed himself in, finding his girl sleeping peacefully on her single bed.

He brushed her hair that covered half of her face and took a look at her; wearing a white thin night gown with her journal in her hand. Kyungsoo smiled faintly as he saw Sun Jung stirred in her sleep, while mumbling his name over and over again. His heart was at ease that he could not control himself and leaned forward to capture her pink lips with his.

Her lips were so sweet, soft, and fit perfectly with his, he could not control the hormones that he had been holding for a week and climbed over her to get a better angle. Kyungsoo touched the nape of her neck gently, interlocking his fingers with hers and smiled triumphantly when she opened her eyes and found him on top of her, kissing her mercilessly.

She tried to push him away by kicking, punching, and even biting his lip, but he mistook it as lust and kissed her harder. He finally pulled away when he thinks she needed to breathe and laid on his stomach beside her, watching her chest rise and fall as she took a breath.

“W-what are you doing here—how did you get in here?!” she asked him frantically.

He chuckled. “I need to see you.”

“We meet at school!”

“I want to talk?”

“You can approach me at school too!”

“Oh really?” he smirked, “i want to kiss you?”

“We can do that at—“ she clamped shut and widened her eyes. She should have paid more attention at the boy, not just answering his questions.

Kyungsoo laughed heartily and pulled her closer; he could feel her heart raced as he did, telling him that she felt the same way too but scared of knowing she finally fell into love. His strong arms wrapped around her small frame as he looked into Sun Jung’s eyes. It felt like the time had stopped and the spot light was shone on them.

Kyungsoo broke the silence. “Is it really hard for you to believe me?”

“Kind of.”

“Which part you cannot believe?”

“I believe in the soul mate thing,” she chuckled , “but about the your world thing, I don’t.”

His eyes lit up. “You believe in the soul mate thing?”

“The only thing, yes.”

“Do you love me?” He asked her, ignoring her red face and how she shifted uncomfortably in her bed.

She chuckled. “I don’t know if I love you, but I-I do like you Kyungsoo..”

 

 

“Let me take you,” he got up and offered his hand, “to my world, Sun Jung.”

 

~~~

 

A/N: two more chapters until the final ^^