003

One Single Kiss

 

“I-i have to go,” Kyungsoo pushed the janitor’s closet open and walked away, leaving the clueless Sun Jung all alone. She did not get it why he ran away like that after making out with her. Was she really that bad at kissing because she never kissed anyone before him and she thought he enjoyed the kiss as well? She felt a little bit hurt, but nonetheless it was what she wanted.
 
Sun Jung wanted to have her first kiss with someone who would not want to have a relationship with her; someone who would not break her heart. She had seen Luna cried over her ex for days and refused to eat because she wanted him to know how broken she was. She never said anything to Luna, but it was pathetic. It was pathetic to the point if Luna ever did that again, she would slap her cheek hard. Making our ex felt bad by torturing ourselves like that was lame and too mainstream. There were so many great things in the world, but why did we choose to hurt ourselves right?
 
She swore to herself that she would never involve in complicated things like relationship even if it was her grandmother’s wish. Sometimes, she questioned herself if she would ever break her own rule one day. She knew deep down inside she wanted to have a great relationship too with someone she could rely on whenever she needed. She could not rely on Luna forever and it made her think that one day, someone would break the walls.
 
Kyungsoo was the only guy in her life that could make heart raced and gave butterflies into her stomach whenever he was around. Sure, they never talked or interacted before, but when their lips collided, she swore she could hear her heart opened and let Kyungsoo in. She did not know why or how she could hear that, but the moment she heard that, she knew she was his. She even could hear his thoughts when they rode out of euphoria and somehow, they talked in their minds. It sounded ridiculous though, but she knew it happened.
 
Opening the janitor’s closet, she dusted her navy blue skirt and made her way to her class on the second floor. The school was really quite until she could hear the wind blew and the birds chirped simultaneously. It was a beautiful day in Seoul, Sun Jung always liked this kind of weather; dry, blue skies, and hot. Summer was approaching and she had not had a plan about what she would do this year since her grandmother was not going to let her go outside the town. She had done so many things in the previous summers like worked at an ice cream parlor and went to Bali, but this year, she kind wanted to spend the lovely season with someone. Whether it was Luna or someone else, she did not want to spend this summer alone.
 
Sun Jung peeked at the window of her class before opening the door and walking straight to the teacher. Her classmates threw her suspicious look as the teacher accepted her apologize and told her to go back to her seat. Her lips were swollen and her hair was slightly messy, everyone would think she was late because she just did it with someone and they would never look at her the same again after this. What surprised them the most was how Kang Sun Jung—the girl who despised relationship—actually did it at school. They did not know that she did not have with anyone, so she just played along and laughed a little when someone remarked her as a .
 
 
 
 
The time went by and it was already the end of school day, Sun Jung slung her backpack over her shoulder and made her way to her locker before going home. She opened her locker carefully then shoved her books in, slamming her locker shut and turned around to find Kyungsoo standing really close to her with a smile plastered on his lips. His hair was styled perfectly and he already took off his blazer, ing two of the top buttons and let his collarbones free for everyone to see. Sun Jung gulped down her saliva and backed out a little, only to make Kyungsoo stepped closer to her. She could feel the curious glances from people, but she could careless about it. All she cared right now was only how good Kyungsoo looked without his blazer on.
 
His eyes were shining so bright that she could reflect herself on it. 
 
They were so lost at each other when Taemin came out of nowhere and pushed Kyungsoo aside to talk to Sun Jung, gaining a glare from Kyungsoo.
 
“Sun Jung! I’ve been searching for you!” Taemin said happily.
 
She raised her eyebrow. “What do you want?”
 
Taemin did not feel down by the cold shoulders she gave to him, he actually felt challenged and eager to say what he needed to say. He could feel Kyungsoo’s eyes burned into his back, but he was not aware that it was not just a simple death glare.
 
“I want to apologize for what I did last month. I did not mean to humiliate you in front of others; it was pure accident!”
 
“Oh really?”
 
“Yes,” he pointed Kyungsoo, “you can ask him if i lied to you or not. He knows me all his life.”
 
Sun Jung did not dare to look at his eyes again after what happened the last time. She was scared of losing in his eyes again and ignored Taemin who were apologizing to her. It was a little bit hard not to look at Kyungsoo when his eyes were set on her and waited for her to look his way.
 
Taemin is a good guy, he did not mean to do that. Just forgive him, Kyungsoo said in his mind.
 
She was still confused why she could read his mind all of a sudden, but she believed what he said to her and forgave Taemin.
Taemin was really happy to know that and pulled Sun Jung into a tight hug. Taemin did not know that Sun Jung was Kyungsoo’s love interest now, he still thought that Kyungsoo and Sun Jung had not had their first kiss yet. He thought it was fine to hug the girl in front of his cousin, but when Kyungsoo let a low growl on him, he realized he just messed with the devil.
 
“You.......and her?!” Taemin asked out loud, gaining some cold stares from people.
 
Kyungsoo sighed. “Yes.”
 
“How come.... How did you....” Taemin widened his eyes, “did you kiss her?!”
 
Kyungsoo clamped his mouth shut and dragged him—with Sun Jung following behind them—to the parking lot. He was really worried about what she might think if he ever told her the soul mate thing. He even was not sure if the girl would accept his story without feeling scared and panic. Sun Jung did not know about their world, their kinds, and things like finding a soul mate by kissing. She lived in a place were fairytales were just fairytales and not going to come true.
 
His hometown—or he preferred to call it kingdom—was  a place where magical creatures lived, wars with powers and magic sword, and a place where magic was real. His father sent him to earth because someone told him that his son would marry a human. A girl who would help him lead the kingdom to the top. Kyungsoo was not sure if Sun Jung would believe his story about the forecast and kissing thing, but trying is not a crime, right?
 
“Kyungsoo,” she called him softly, “how did this happened? How can I read your mind, but I can’t read the others?”
 
“About that—“
 
“Just tell her already!” Taemin shouted from the backseat.
 
Kyungsoo sighed. “Alright, I’ll tell you, but please don’t run away after I tell you ‘kay?”
 
Sun Jung nodded.
 
“How do I put this into words... We are not human like you. We are from another world and our world is similar like those human books about princess and magic? Except we don’t have witches and godmothers,” Kyungsoo laughed, “my father actually is the king in our kingdom and he believes in tarots and forecast. Someone told him about my soul mate is a human, so he sent me to your world to find the girl; which is you.
 
“She said I have to kiss the girl to make sure if she is my soul mate or not, but I never tried it until I met you. I read your mind two weeks ago and I could not believe you chose me to be your first kiss. I was very happy—ecstatic even—to know that actually someone wants me without knowing who I really am. To cut a long story short, when we kissed, it makes us connected to one one another, that’s why we can telepathy.
 
“Other than that, we can feel what each other feels and shares our powers—in this case, i’m the one who shares my power.”
Sun Jung did not blink the whole time Kyungsoo told her ‘bedtime story’ and actually felt somewhat relieved to know that she was not crazy when she thought she could read his mind. She never thought a new rising star, Do Kyungsoo was actually a prince from another world that had magical creatures and kingdoms. 
 
 
 
“This is insane.” She walked out of the car and went back to the school, leaving the two cousins dumbfounded and worried.
 
 
 
~~~
 
A/N: Welcome new subscribers! Tell me what you think about the story :)