001

One Single Kiss

 

“Han kissed me last night, “ she smiled, “and it felt so great! Oh my gosh...”

She clenched her teeth in annoyance. Slamming her locker shut then left the hallway with three books in her hands.

It was always like this whenever someone told another someone that they just had their first kiss. It was always like this whenever she felt insecure and annoyed by the fact that everyone already had their first kiss. She didn’t know how to attract guys like most girls did. She didn’t know why she didn’t want to be in a relationship like her grandma wanted her too. She only wanted one single kiss from a guy, but their relationship would remain the same; acquaintance.

Something about relationship scared her to death. Maybe it was her parents that made her like this. Maybe she was just not into relationship thing and loved freedom more.

There were so many conclusions about this, but none of them were close to right.

She knew deep down inside she was waiting for someone to come and swept her off her feet. To love her unconditionally and wanted to be with her because she was her. She never believed in fairytales, but she did believe in the magic of first kiss. People always said about how magical a first kiss was. They said it made them weak in the knees and felt happy without any particular reason. Her cousin Min Jung once told her about how magical her first kiss was. It irked her curiosity and made her wanted to be kissed; just to know how magical the kiss was.

Sun Jung was far, far away from the word popular. She didn’t have many friends like Jung Soojung from class 2-3 or Yoon Bomi, her funny classmate. Sometimes she wanted to be easy-going like them. Sometimes she loved her current situation because she didn’t want to get too attached with people. But mostly, she wanted someone to lean on to. Someone who will always be there whenever she needed them.

Thank God for sending Luna as her best friend.

Luna was the closest and the only friend who knew almost everything about Sun Jung. She knew what happened to Sun Jung’s family, why Sun Jung moved to her grandma’s house, and Sun Jung’s ridiculous thoughts about first kiss. It was really weird to hear her wishes about having her first kiss without involving romantic feelings, but when Sun Jung told her about who she wanted to have her first kiss with, Luna realized that her friend was weirder than she thought.

“Do Kyungsoo? Are you insane?!” Asked Luna when Sun Jung told her about the plan. They were in the cafetaria when she told Luna about her plan and Luna....... she didn’t know why her friend was so crazy.

“He’s unlike any other guys in here! He wouldn’t mind if I ask him to kiss me, right? I mean, he’s not into relationship. Like me!” Sun Jung explained.

Luna sighed. “What if he doesn’t want to? What if he rejects you badly until you don’t want to be in this school anymore?”

“Nah, he won’t do that.”

“Why are you so sure about this?” Luna asked, feeling irritated with Sun Jung’s guts.

She smirked. “Because I know he won’t let me down.”

 

 

Do Kyungsoo had never been in a relationship before. He was too busy with his music career and he didn’t have time for girls (though his father wanted him to find someone as soon as possible). Something about girls gave him shudders, but not in a good way. He had met so many girls in his life, but none of them could catch his attention like her; Sun Jung.

He never thought a girl like Sun Jung would be so desperate about getting a first kiss.

He never thought a girl like her would actually picked him to be her first kiss.

Kyungsoo didn’t mean to eavesdrop the conversation between Sun Jung and her friend, but when she mentioned his name on their conversation, he couldn’t help but to listen to what they said. The girl was just like other girls who believed in the magic of first kiss. She was just like other girls who fantasized about getting their first kiss in the rain with a handsome guy. But when she said she wasn’t interested in having a relationship, Kyungsoo felt challenged and wanted to tame the girl.

After all, his father wanted him to bring a girl home this holiday. He didn’t know if Sun Jung could accept his true identity (no human would ever accepted who he was without feeling scared), but he wanted to try. He wanted to know if the girl was destined to be his forever.

Kyungsoo wanted to know how does it feel to be loved.

He only needed one single kiss from her and he would know if she was the one. It was as easy as flipping a coin, but gaining a trust from Kang Sun Jung was harder than killing powerful creatures in his world.

 

Taemin was doing his homework when his cousin came to his room and snatched his book away from the desk. He knew that Kyungsoo was having a hard time with her classmate, but he didn’t know how serious was this until Kyungsoo came to his room, asking him for some advice.

“You do know I’m not really good at giving advice, right?” Taemin asked, raising his eyebrow.

Kyungsoo laughed. “I know, I know. I just need someone to talk to and... I never had a relationship with human—“

“—girls to be exact,” Taemin smirked, “and love.”

“Yeah, and I need you to tell me what to do!”

Taemin wasn’t sure if his cousin was just curious about the girl or he was just hiding his true motive from the world. He had known Kyungsoo all his life and he saw a glint of happiness whenever he mentioned the girl’s name in their conversation. Something about the girl had changed Kyungsoo to be someone less cold than before. If she could make him happy, why not helping him to have his dream girl?

 

 

“She wants you to be her first kiss, right?”

Kyungsoo nodded.

“Then do it!”

“But she wants to ask me tomorrow!”

Taemin gasped. “Did you read her mind?”

“Sort of...”

“Damn, I thought you hated our power?”

“I did, but I need to use my ability or I will lose my sanity!”

Kyungsoo leaned back to the wall and sighed. He didn’t know if he could fulfill the girl’s wish to have a beautiful first kiss like she always imagined. She wanted to know how magical a first kiss was and he chose him—the devil—to be her first kiss of all people in her life. Sun Jung didn’t know that her little wish could take her to a whole new world where flowers couldn’t bloomed and rainbows were not existed.

Tomorrow, she would know how magical a first kiss was by kissing Do Kyungsoo.

 

Though, the word magical was not just a word anymore.

 

 

~~~

 

A/N: I don't have much to say tbh, was this chapter boring? or confusing? -_-